Inactive [MECH/FUN/RPG] Monster Apocalypse - A Complete Rework of Minecraft Mobs. [1.2.5-R4.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by blainicus, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Offline

blainicus

That means you either messed up some linebreaks, use the wrong font, or left some null options. Try editing with wordpad and look for errors.

2. Offline

2009antz2009

where do i put the config file? my download didnt come with one so i downloaded the zombie land one and comes up with the config file error...

3. Offline

blainicus

The config file is automatically generated in plugins/Monster Apocalypse, if you don't have one. The zombie config will probably give you an error if you don't set the worldname to the one in your server properties.

4. Offline

2009antz2009

09:03 PM [INFO] Monster Apocalypse: Config error, check your config font and format!
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] mapping values are not allowed here in "<string>", line 2, column 13: Always night: false ^
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchValue(ScannerImpl.java:733)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:305)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.peekToken(ScannerImpl.java:202)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseDocumentEnd.produce(ParserImpl.java:265)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:161)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.getEvent(ParserImpl.java:171)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:125)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:106)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:121)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:480)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:399)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:60)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:143)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:109)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(YamlConfiguration.java:241)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.reloadConfig(JavaPlugin.java:130)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.getConfig(JavaPlugin.java:124)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at blainicus.MonsterApocalypse.MonsterApocalypse.onEnable(MonsterApocalypse.java:86)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:228)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:970)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:186)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:169)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:165)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    09:03 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    my wonderful errors. checked font and format. world name is right.. i am at a loss.

5. Offline

blainicus

You need to use an editor which handles linebreaks correctly, the standard is wordpad. You have a false linebreak after your always night setting.

6. Offline

2009antz2009

09:37 PM [INFO] Monster Apocalypse: Config error, check your config font and format!
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at blainicus.MonsterApocalypse.MonsterApocalypse.setspawnconfigs(MonsterApocalypse.java:561)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at blainicus.MonsterApocalypse.MonsterApocalypse.onEnable(MonsterApocalypse.java:191)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:228)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:970)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:186)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:169)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:165)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    09:37 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    new error. running the config on notepad++ now. apologize for like the spamming just have no clue on this one

7. Offline

blainicus

You likely set the 'replacement' name wrong for one of your mobs. Use exact names like the ones in the node names.

8. Offline

2009antz2009

but i havent changed anything but the world name and spawn offset from the zombie land file

9. Offline

blainicus

Try using wordpad, notepad++ has been known to cause config file problems. It's really for coding, not configs.

10. Offline

Mercury

@blainicus
    Code:
    Enable zombies piling up corpses when they can't reach players or attack a block sooner?: true
    Is this okey becuase there is only one ' not '' ? Color is different than other config settings.

11. Offline

2009antz2009

redownloaded plugin. fresh server. only plugin other than pail. still same error. and wont place a confige file in plugins folder

12. Offline

pedronso

I edited the config file with windows 7 wordpad and it gives me same problem. Can someone with this plugin working upload a config file changing the world name to mine? My world name is: Mundo de Pedronso

EDIT: Problem solved, i was using bukkit 1.0.1 R2, i downloaded the R1 and now it works fine.

13. Offline

blainicus

You might have the same issue as pedronso, try CB-r1.

14. Offline

2009antz2009

works amazing now ha r1 only

15. Offline

bwathke

This is probably a very nooby question but what do I name the config/where do I put it >.< Sorry Im really new to bukkit....

16. Offline

2009antz2009

config.yml
    and in the plugins/Monster Apocolypse

17. Offline

bwathke

So I put it in the Monster Apocalypse.jar ?

18. Offline

2009antz2009

no its a folder in the plugins folder called Monster Apocalypse. make sure your running cb-r1 doesnt work on the brand new bukkit

19. Offline

SchuhBaum

I added some zombies with a ot of hp and a lot of dmg for good equiped people which can also destroy the most kindes of blocks. But they need to stay underground (for example around 0-25) to prevent them from griefing and killing new player. Also i want no monsters at all above ground for those who want only build frendly and dont fight at all.
    If it is not too much effort to add a spawnymax value, can you add it? ~

20. Offline

blainicus

You would be much better off setting your world to always daytime through another plugin, or disabling mobs altogether. Spawnymax will always cause problems with mountain caves, hence why I didn't add it.

21. Offline

SchuhBaum

Problems like server crash or simply no spawning? If no spawning then always day should do the trick. Then i can add for the caves weak monster for 60+ (for the mountain caves), stronger for 40-60, even more stronger to 25-40 and the strongest to 0-25. The idea is simply like in terraria where the stronger monsters with unique drops are in different layers (like "hell" at the buttom). Also i saw that possebility in other plugins which are out to date and it was possible what i wanted. But you have much more awesome features and it works for the actual version. ~

22. Offline

QBcrusher

can you select the monster spawn location with this plugin?

23. Offline

blainicus

4.0 is out now! Download here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/monster-apocalypse/files/13-monster-apocalypse-v4-0a/

Changelog:

• Super Skeletons are now available! When used, this node will allow skeletons to attack from vast distances with pinpoint accuracy, with full arrow animation and everything you would expect from a proper shot. Set things such as range, how often they shoot, or arrows exploding/setting fire on impact!
    • Added custom Spawn Points.
    - Spawn Points enable you to spawn monsters at a point in the game world on a timer, without the hassles or vulnerabilities of creature spawners.

- Set the name, type, location, period, count, minlight, maxlight, and chance for each mob to spawn.

- Conforms to worldguard regions

- Has permissions support. Node name is Monster Apocalypse.spawnpoints. Permissions page here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/monster-apocalypse/pages/permissions/

- To use this, make sure you have permission and type /ma addspawnpoint <name> <creaturetype> <period> <count> <minlight> <maxlight> <chance>. For example, "/ma addspawnpoint zombies Zombie 30 1 0 15 100".

- For more information read here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/monster-apocalypse/pages/spawn-points/

• Added the permission node for spawns (ignores ops) 'Monster Apocalypse.spawnpoints'
    • Added True Damage to advanced properties. When set above 0 and enabled, this node allows mobs to deal damage to players which ignores armor. This damage is applied followed by their normal damage.
    • Added multi-world support.
    - Select which worlds to run the config on, any other will not be affected by the plugin

- You may set bonus spawns to only spawn on a single world

• Added many various catchers for config problems.
    • Fixed a bug where immunities would run regardless of the 'other properties' setting.

Mercury likes this.
  24. Offline

KingCody77

I was reading the config and whats a IRON_FENCE: (data value please) and what is the :20 for after it

25. Offline

zscottyd

I downloaded this mod a little while ago and just redownloaded it but can find any commands for it. ive tried /ma but that says something about moving spawnpoints into advanced permissions?.... so could u reply me a list of commands if u get a chance. and by the way im on a mac so im not sure how i can open the config.yml file....

26. Offline

blainicus

Iron fence is the iron bar block. 20 is the amount of seconds required for a zombie to break it.

27. Offline

KingCody77

28. Offline

blainicus

4.1 is out now!

Download here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/monster-apocalypse/files/14-monster-apocalypse-v4-1/

4.1 Release notes:
    • VAST performance increases on bonus spawning, particularly with high mob counts and low spawn chance %
    • Added a toggle to allow zombies to lay corpse blocks and not actually die
    • Added spawnymax to monster properties
    • Added a configurable height modifier for checking if Super Skeletons can shoot at a player.
    • Added a Super Skeleton 'chance' for their shots.
    • Fixed a moderate bug where the spawnpoint list names were being duplicated and producing a 'magmacube' error log.

29. Offline

tommygoesha

I dont know if this has been asked before but..
    can there health\damage be changed by.. Region?
    example:
    say the left coast monsters are easy to kill (region set up with worldguard or something) with the right coast monsters being harder to kill

30. Offline

varunax

Do the monsters attack other light sources other than torches: (Glowstone, Jack-O-Lanterns)?