Inactive [MECH/FUN] NetherFire v0.2.1 - Bring on the heat [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by badbh222, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Offline

badbh222

NetherFire - Bring on the heat!
    Version: 0.2.1

Description:

NetherFire is a plugin requested by @uvbeenzaned who simply wanted Netherrack to catch fire when powered by redstone, that is what NetherFire does... and more...

Basic Usage:

Drop "NetherFire.jar" in the "plugins" directory and restart the server or reload the plugins.
    A folder appropriately named "NetherFire" will be created in the "plugins" directory along with a YML file named "Config.yml".
    By default, NetherFire writes the default Config when it creates the file:
    Code:
    Disable on the following worlds: vanilla, creative
    Only light Netherrack relative to the power source: false
    Global radius: 2
    Custom radius per world:
        explosives: 5
    The options are fairly self explanatory, 'Disabled worlds' being the worlds this plugin won't run on, 'Only light relative Netherrack' is to use the old mode of only lighting up whatever blocks are directly powered, 'Global radius' and 'Custom radius' is the radius the fire will "spread" to from the source block(s), Custom radius is so you can set a specific world to have a higher/lower radius, obviously... :p
    The last 2 options will only work if 'Only light relative Netherrack' is set to false.

Warning: Do not use a ridiculously high radius, 2 means 2 blocks, each side, from the first lit Netherrack.

Example (open)
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy Paint screenshot, but it's late and I'm tired... :D

Once you have set up the config file, you don't need to reload or restart the server, just type the command "/netherfire reload", and, assuming you have permission, the settings will be reloaded.

Permissions:

To use the reload command, the player must have the correct permission node.

If Permissions is not installed, the player must be an Op to use the reload command.

Commands:

• /netherfire reload - Reloads the config file.
      • 'netherfire.reload'

Features:
    • (0.1) Light up your Netherrack with redstone!
    • (0.2) Configurable disallowed worlds.
    • (0.2) Option to make the fire "spread" over a configurable radius.
    • (0.2) Configurable custom radius' per world.

Download:

NetherFire.jar - Hosted by Dropbox [diamond]

Known Problems:
    • Pistons pushing Netherrack into a redstone current will not trigger fire, there is currently nothing (nothing that requires some hacky workaround) I can do until there are some piston events. :(
    • Placing Netherrack in a place that would normally ignite with the "spread" option enabled, won't ignite, trying to think of a way to deal with it, unless it's not a huge deal to people...

Possible Features:
    • Suggestions?

Changelog:

Version 0.2.1
    • Tried to implement piston stuff..... failed.....
    • Removed some deprecated methods since RB #1000
    Version 0.2
    • ZOMG@#! Huge update! :p
    • Added world blacklist.
    • Added "spread" option with configurable radius. (I am unable to test this on a truly busy server so I am unsure of whether or not it causes lag and how badly. :( (Hopefully none))
    • Custom radius' per world.
    • Option to use the classic version. (Only ignite the directly powered blocks)
    • Command to reload the config file.
    • Some information displayed in the console on loading the config. (Too much?)
    • Hopefully it works fine. ;)
    Previous Versions (open)

Version 0.1.1
    • Placing netherrack next to a redstone current will now trigger the fire.
    Version 0.1
    • Initial release. [diamond]

*If your wooden house or forest burns down because of this plugin, it is probably my fault... xD

uvbeenzaned likes this.
  2. Offline

minihilly

Does this work with Bukkit 1000?

If not, can you suggest any plug-in that does (pretty-much) exactly this...I don't want to have to use CraftBook/FalseBook - for I'll only use this as a feature :p

3. Offline

badbh222

@minihilly

0.2 still worked with RB #1000, but had some deprecated methods, 0.2.1 fixes that. :)

4. Offline

minihilly

Thanks for that, but you should update the title :)

5. Offline

bastrian

Great Plugin! I will install it :)

6. Offline

Alesana

Can you please add permission node to use this plugin? I want to restrict it to my engineer! :D

Thank you!

7. Offline

badbh222

@Alesana

Afaik, there is no easy way of telling who activates a redstone current, so this is not possible... sorry. :(

8. Offline

Alesana

AH ok! I didn't think about it. :(

9. Offline

ReconPizza

This plugin looks awesome, me and a couple and my friends are going to try it out later, looking forward to it!

10. Offline

giggity gooo

i think this plugin may have rendered flint and steels useless on my server....

11. Offline

hammale

source plz?

12. Offline

badbh222

:confused: Why?

13. Offline

uvbeenzaned

LOL.

14. Offline

hammale

im just learning how to make plugins and your plugin is a great example on how to use red stone events...

15. Offline

Klotzonator

Is this alive anymore? There have been some new RBs since end of August ;)

16. Offline

animalkid5679

I went on Mikeland Server and found this plugin.
    I made my own server and thought i must have this plugin.
    Thanks for making it.:D

Just one more thing.... How do you enable it on Vanilla and Creative?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  17. Offline

redsgreens

I'm posting this here because this plugin seems to be abandoned. I made a new plugin called ManySmallTweaks that includes the functionality in this plugin, plus a bunch more fun tweaks. My plugin also includes a "hacky workaround" to the problem of pistons pushing netherrack into redstone circuits :cool: To get my plugin, go here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/manysmalltweaks/

18. Offline

RiotShielder

I get this error on startup

19. Offline

polabare

it dosent work on 1.2.4

20. Offline

uvbeenzaned

Just wrote my own plugin extremely similar to this one! Just approved over on Bukkit Dev. Come check it out if you need a replacement! Link to NETFire.

21. Offline

uvbeenzaned

You can check out NETFire. I wrote it as a replacement for this plugin.

22. Offline

898Creepers

no because it gets annoying playing the Yog-Olympics and lighting the torch with flint and steel