Inactive [MECH/FUN] N3W_HardCore v0.3 - Minecraft. Harder. [1.1-R8/1.2.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ribesg, Jan 30, 2012.

1. N3W_HardCore - Minecraft. Harder.
    Version: v0.3

This is a very simple mob/player (and now PVP) damage-related plugin, see BukkitDev Page.
    Please feel free to comment/rate/give ideas.

Features:
    • Coefficient applied to Mob->Player damages, configurable
    • Probability of Critical Hit for Mob->Player, configurable
    • Coefficient applied to Player->Mob damages, configurable
    • Probability of Critical Failure for Player->Mob, configurable
    • Coefficient applied to PVP damages, configurable
    • Probability of Critical Hit for PVP, configurable
    • Probability of Critical Failure for PVP, configurable
    • Player information, toggleable
    • Debug damages informations, toggleable
    Planned features:
    • Prevent Pumpkin from making Endermen blind

Download from BukkitDev
    Download from GitHub

Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 0.3
    • Added a new behaviour of Player -> Mob Critical Failure : damages cancellation. You can choose between this or the old behaviour (damages divided by 2) in config.
    • Added a coef for PVP damages
    • Added a Critial Failure probability for PVP mode (First checked)
    • Added a Critical Hit probability for PVP mode (Checked if no CF)
    • Added ability to modify PVP Critical Failure behaviour, separatly from Player->Mob Critical Failure behaviour
    • Added debug value in config, which will, if activated, show damages inflicted and received in all EntityDamageByEntityEvent, to Console and to concerned player(s)
    Version 0.2
    • Added ability do disallow Null damages by players (So that you can always kill a mob with your hands)
    Version 0.1
    • Initial Release
    Config:
    This is the default config, well-explained, as it will be generated the first time you run the plugin
    PHP:
    ## MOB->PLAYER
    #  Coefficient (%) applied to damages inflicted by mobs to players (More is Harder)

coefMobToPlayer150

#  Probability (%) for mobs to inflict a Critical Hit

probCriticalHit25

## PLAYER->MOB
    #  Coefficient (%) applied to damages inflicted by players to mobs (Fewer is Harder)

coefPlayerToMob50

#  Probability (%) for players to inflict less Damage to mobs

probCriticalFailure25

#  Critical Failure Behaviour (0 = damages cancelled , 1 = damages divided by two)
    #    Please note that if allowNullDamage is set to FALSE, then the "damages cancelled" behaviour will set damages to 0.5 hearts)

behaviourCriticalFailure1

## PLAYER->PLAYER
    #  Coefficient (%) applied to damages inflicted in PVP mode

coefPlayerToPlayer100

#  Probability (%) for players to inflict Critical Hits to players

probPVPCriticalHit0

#  Probability (%) for players to inflict less Damage to players

probPVPCriticalFailure0

#  Critical Failure Behaviour (0 = damages cancelled , 1 = damages divided by two)

behaviourPVPCriticalFailure1

## GENERAL
    #  Inform players about Critical Hits/Failures ?

informPlayersfalse

#  Are players allowed to do 0 damage ?

allowNullDamagefalse

## DEBUG
    #  Show how much damages has been done on each EntityDamageByEntityEvent

debug_showDamagestrue

2. Updated to v0.2 :
    • Added ability to disallow null damage from players in config

3. Offline

Mercury

Ribesg
    Does the nulldamage works in pvp mode ?

Also where is nulldamage percent rate ?

4. Offline

md_5

Approved

5. For now, this plugin does absolutely nothing to pvp mode.
    Nulldamages are possible because of how Player->Mob damages are calculated : you apply the percentage to the normal damages. But for example, if you 'should' inflict 1 damage points (0.5 heart) and the percentage is set to 50%, you should inflict 0.5 damage points. As the damage value is an integer (and you can't loose 0.25 heart), the value is rounded down. Here, 0.5 is rounded down to 0. This is why there is null damages. In v0.2, this is the only case where you can get null damage. The config value added in v0.2 is just that if it is set to FALSE, then the plugin checks if dmg=0, and if it's true, it set it to 0.5

I plan to add some features. You gave me the idea to (allow to) change the Critical Failure behavior : instead of be divided by 2, damages could just be set to 0, this may be a config value of course.

Updated to v0.3 :
    • Added a new behaviour of Player -> Mob Critical Failure : damages cancellation. You can choose between this or the old behaviour (damages divided by 2) in config.
    • Added a coef for PVP damages
    • Added a Critial Failure probability for PVP mode (First checked)
    • Added a Critical Hit probability for PVP mode (Checked if no CF)
    • Added ability to modify PVP Critical Failure behaviour, separatly from Player->Mob Critical Failure behaviour
    • Added debug value in config, which will, if activated, show damages inflicted and received in all EntityDamageByEntityEvent, to Console and to concerned player(s)
    config.yml will be regenerated on update.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  6. Offline

Maxxgold

Looks Nice. I'm going to check this out.

7. Offline

worstboy32

This looks interesting.
    Could you add a option to reduce protection off armor?
    And then for each type (Leather,Gold,Iron,Dia,Chain)
    And probably impossible but the power off potions and enchantments.
    I have always looked for something like this so i hope you will look into it.
    But thanks for this already really gonna try it out.

8. Topic updated to 1.1-R4

I do not have much time right now, but I will soon (a few days / weeks) do some updates.

9. Updated to 1.2.3-R0.1
    worstboy32 Didn't have time to look into this, they are good ideas but hard/long to do for now. I think I'll have some time after the 7th of April

10. Offline

worstboy32

Alright take your time :D
    And thanks for the update!

11. Updated.
    I think I'll do a features update soon, please give me ideas / bug reports :)

NB : You can already use my other plugin about the End to change the difficulty of the End (EnderDragon health/number, dificulty per player) so I think this plugin will not do anything special about the End. I don't know in wich plugin I should do the "no pumpkin-protection" thing yet, as there's not so much Endermen in the main world as of 1.2.5...

12. Can you please try to update this mod/plugin?
    This looks so cool and I really want to implement it to my server. I currently host a 4 man server with me and 3 friends, we build a lot but we feel the challenge is gone especially since we all have diamond armor enchanted tools/armor etc.... We don't want to downgrade our tools, but we just want to make Minecraft hard again!

It'd be greatly appreciated, I also appreciate the fact that updating Plugins isn't that easy.
    Thanks!

13. Does anybody want me to rewrite/update this plugin ?
    Let me know :)