[MECH/FUN] Guns+ v1.8 - Guns, Guns, Guns Galore![SPOUT][1.4.7-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by atlan1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Offline

(M)Ich(i)

Does it work?:confused:

2. Offline

nazguy1000

I love this mod!! but i have a problem. i can't see how much ammo i have anymore. it worked on the first time i loaded it, but the second time i loaded up my server and used spoutcraft the picture of the gun was in the upper left corner but there wasnt the ammo under it

3. Offline

penguinbait

Get Movecraft

4. Offline

LTFRANTZ

my experience with this is it just seems to be off/on... maybe based on connection speed, sometimes nothing shows up for me, sometimes both gun/ammo

5. Offline

tangy777

sorry that this has nothing to do with this plugin, but does anyone know of a plugin that you can teleport offline player??? so the next time that offline player logs on he will be in a certain area? Please reply to this message if you have heard of one of these plugins... Im going to try to post this message on a few popular plugins so i can get this plugin... i need this plugin desparately so please reply to this message and give me a link to the plugin if you find one! Thank you so much for spending the time to read this :p Thanks!​

6. Offline

Typical_Name

Ok, I'm starting to get pissed now.

Guns+ has been increasingly buggy since the day I got it. It worked well at first, but a while ago guns started having effects that were never assigned to them. Most notably, just today, pistols now fire explosive rounds, but only when used by people who aren't me or the other admin, apparently (they work normally for us). Explosive rounds never worked properly before, and now all of a sudden they're working with a weapon that was never even supposed to have had them.

What's going on?

7. Offline

SirTyler

If you are using the most recent dev build then it is most likely a simple bug, That is the cost of using dev builds versus regular stable builds.

8. Offline

Typical_Name

No, I'm actually on an old version. I figured that it was possible that would be the problem (although I'm not sure how), so I'm now updating to a new version. The new version seems to have deleted all the guns I had. Oh well, they weren't very well developed anyhow, hopefully the new guns will be less buggy. I'll get back to you on that.

9. Offline

zeenixx

i got everything to work good but there are damage bugs like you can't hurt someone far or close with some guns

10. Offline

Benjerji

I have a error, it cant read the Guns.jar in plugins folder.
    Please help me fix this, it looks really great and i would love to have this plugin.[tnt]

11. Offline

TheFluffey

SirTyler atlan1
    Suggestion: Make it so that there is a configurable node called type. EX:

'type: Automatic'
    'type: Press'
    'type: burst'
    amount:3

Type automatic allows you to hold down the button and fire. Type press makes it so that you have to press to fire, every single shot (Semi-Automatic). Burst is a configurable shot burst. Added to dev.bukkit.org tickets.

12. Offline

Typical_Name

You're not supposed to be able to, that's the jar file.
    Read the config files in the folder it creates in the folder for Gun+ (the folder should be created when you restart your server).

13. Offline

EMOberger

The guns should affect the environment. EX: a bazooka actually breaking blocks when it hits.

14. Offline

TheFluffey

atlan1 SirTyler

Can you make it configurable in general config that guns dissapear on Aiming down site?

15. Offline

SirTyler

Hard part of that is that we either have to make the item in their hand invisible or we have to mess with rendering, so currently that will not be added.

16. Offline

fuzyfeet

atlan1 SirTyler
    I was wandering about the future of this plugin. Do you plan to follow Spout to it's new server, Minecraft API or hedge your bets (and double your work) and port to both?

I ask cuz I'm trying to figure out where I'm going and what will be there...

17. Offline

TheFluffey

Just a temporary fix, it is so necessary for aim down sites with machine guns and such. Make the item in hand visible in the bleeding edge version and state that it is not a complete function (That it still needs work).

18. Offline

SirTyler

Well BukkitAPI does continue to be the standard and SpoutServers are still a ways off so we dont need to worry about it, Once the MCAPI is out I am hoping that will make our job much much easier and allow us to change this into an easy to install mod, giving us greater functionality. If it has to become a split effort on both Bukkit and Spout I do not believe they will vary so wildly that we will have to chose one over the other so the possibility for supporting both may happen.

In order to make them invisible I need to make an item that has no texture or mess with rendering, Like I said its not going to be added for awhile.

19. Offline

Benjerji

No, your not getting it. It wont read it even enough to make the folder.

20. Offline

penguinbait

^ Then you need a different version of guns make sure your spout plugin config is correct ^

21. Offline

Typical_Name

For some reason, tripods are appearing as glass when placed, but only to other users. When I place tripods, I see tripods, but my co-admin sees glass, and when he places tripods, I see glass.

Will this be fixed soon?

22. Offline

SirTyler

I am guessing they are not on spoutcraft.

23. Offline

Typical_Name

I'm pretty sure he was on spoutcraft that time. He said he was, and I could see the tripod in his hand just fine.

24. Offline

EMOberger

This a planned feature?

25. Offline

SirTyler

Guns already have the option to explode, break blocks, etc.

26. Offline

TmynameisT

My old problem is back again. It never actually went away. I really need guns for my server, so please someone help
    I have a weird problem where non-ops aren't able to hurt mobs or players when firing a gun. Im using Adkos's gun pack, every things completely up to date, Im using the bleeding edge version, Im not using a permissions plugin other than basic Essentials permissions (not even the plugin, just commands players can and can't use and blocks players can and can't place). It works fine for ops. The guns shoot fine for everyone, they just won't damage anything, players and mobs, for non-ops. Nothing comes up in the server console. Anyone kno wwhy this is happening?​

27. Offline

joshsup7

i cant shoot the gun

GoTheRedSox likes this.
  28. Offline

EMOberger

Last time I tried shooting with a bazooka no blocks broke. I will try again soon.

29. Offline

penguinbait

^ Is the effect set in config ^

30. Offline

EMOberger

If that's the code for this effect than yes. But still no breaking of the blocks.

Code:
        effects:
            targetlocation:
                explosion:
                    size: 4