[MECH/FUN] DynamicFight v1.0 - Make Fighting a Little Less Bland [1.2.5-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kevin Forte, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Kevin Forte

2. Offline

Kevin Forte

Hahaha xP

3. Offline

Janb

Great, that would be awesome. This one is more robust anyway, and you seem more active. Thanks for the update, too!

4. Offline

Kevin Forte

I'm hoping it will be, I'm working really hard on the realistic arrows right now. No problem xP

5. Offline

JemiloII

yes yes and yes! keep on keeping on with this!

6. Offline

Kevin Forte

Appreciate it :p

7. Offline

dayofdarkfire

This sounds like it's a really great plugin however I am having trouble getting the shield features to work.

8. Offline

Kevin Forte

Which features, and how so?

9. Offline

dayofdarkfire

pressing shift while holding a shield as well as the gladiator mode. When I attempt to use them against mobs or players I just get hurt. Also when holding shift with a sword it does not change to a "shield"

10. Offline

Kevin Forte

Setup your permission nodes ;)

11. Offline

MasterNate08

Is there any way the gladiator mode could include the axes as a weapon. Currently the quick swap only works with swords, I use mcMMO which includes axes as a weapon. Also is there a way to edit the text that appears on screen. When I block a bunch of attacks my screen is filled with text informing me of successful blocks. If it could appear occasionally, that would fix the issue for me.

I love the plugin by the way. I have been setting up the PvE arena and felt like something was missing from the tank class, shields were it. Thanks!

12. Half an hour further, I finally figured out that this plugin is now blocking ALL pvp on any world. I dunno how, but I finally was able to handle PVP again after disabling this ><

13. Offline

Kevin Forte

Whaat? Haha I just set up a PvP world on my server so I'll look into it.

14. Zzz...did more testing, I lost track of which plugin I had disabled, it's not DF, it's godPowers, sorry!

15. Offline

Kevin Forte

Alright, good to know xP

16. Offline

dayofdarkfire

I'm sorry I am quite new to setting up servers. If by permission nodes you mean change the config file then yes I did that. Otherwise I have not set up any permissions on my server yet. Here is what my config file looks like:

Gladiator Mode Enabled: true
    Shield:
    Shield Enabled: true
    Shield Drop Percentage: 10
    Shield Break Percentage: 5
    Shield Break Enabled: true
    Shield Drop Enabled: true
    Tough-Mob Mode Enabled: true
    Heavy-Hit Mode Enabled: true
    Critical:
    Mob Critical Percentage: 15
    Critical Hits Enabled: true
    Player Critical Percentage: 15
    Daze:
    Daze Enabled: true
    Daze Percentage: 20

17. Offline

Kevin Forte

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admn-dev-permissions-3-1-6-the-plugin-of-tomorrow-935.18430/
    That :) Considering you are already familiar with accessing and editing .yml files, you should have no problem setting this up. If you need more help with it, you can PM me but the Permissions team's help documents are very informative.

18. Offline

dayofdarkfire

19. Offline

Kevin Forte

Anytime, and sounds good.

20. Ran into this:

Code:
    15:02:09 [WARNING] Task of 'DynamicFight' generated an exception
    java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
            at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(ArrayList.java:819)
            at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(ArrayList.java:791)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.getLivingEntities(CraftWorld.java:541)
            at kforte318.DynamicFight.DynamicFightEntityMotionWatcher.run(DynamicFightEntityMotionWatcher.java:10)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:438)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

21. Offline

Kevin Forte

For now, I would suggest not using Heavy-Hit mode.

22. I don't have it enabled even, we only use the shields, still errored ^

23. Offline

Mhalkyer

@Kevin Forte

It'd be cool to see wooden doors added as shields!

24. Offline

Kevin Forte

I'll look into it :p
    On the way xP
    I'll work on that xP

25. Offline

MasterNate08

Great thanks! I've been using this for about 3 days now, I love it. It has done so much for the combat in this game.

I know you've got a lot to do but I had another suggestion. Is there a way we can have control of the % chance to block attacks?

26. Offline

Kevin Forte

I can do that :) I made it so attacks were always blocked before I made Gladiator Mode, because I figured (from personal experience) switching items entirely wasn't worth it if there was only a change the attack would be blocked. I need to update the to-do list for this xP

27. Offline

MasterNate08

Awesome, thanks for the quick response too!

28. Offline

po24

You should add permissions support so only certain groups can get criticals / use shields Etc...

29. Offline

Kevin Forte

" Permissions:

• DF.gladiator ~ Allows a player to quickly swap between sword and shield.
    • DF.shield ~ Allows a player to use an iron door as a shield.
    • DF.critical ~ Allows a player to score critical hits.
    • DF.daze ~ Allows a player to daze other players with snowballs.
    • DF.heavy ~ Allows a player to stun mobs with criticals. "
    Please read OP. :)

Updated to version 1.6, added a few new goodies xP Read the changelog. Included: Using wood doors as a shield. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  30. Offline

MasterNate08

This is great! Awesome job!

31. Offline

Kevin Forte