[MECH/FUN] Commandless hunger-based flight [Formatted]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by UltraFaceguy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Plugin category: MECH/FUN

Suggested name: WhatsTheDealWithAirlineFood

Description: I hate commands. Or rather, I hate having standard players need commands. Seems to me like commands should be for administrators, every second fumbling with commands is a second less of enjoyment for the player. That is why I am proposing this plugin. I've seen plugins that let you fly while holding a feather, at the cost of feathers/hunger. I've seen plugins that cost hunger while flying after /fly. I have never seen a simple commandless plugin for hunger based flight.

What I want: A plugin where everybody with a permission node has creative flight enabled, so that flying is activated by double tapping space, NOT by typing /fly. As the player flies, hunger is consumed at a configurable level. An option to disable eating while in flight is optional.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: airline.flight

When I'd like it by: Meh, whenever.

Additional details: I was up all night thinking up the stupidest possible name for this plugin.

I was considering under 3 bars of hunger and you can no longer fly, much like sprint. To anyone who may wish to see this made: Is this something you would want? Or perhaps it could be another config option.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  2. This seems like a good idea. I am going to try and make this within the day.

3. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Thank you kindly, I will eagerly await this.

4. Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  5. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Amazing, thank you.

6. Offline

Wolf3141

Hey Ultra. You can also install Hidden Command Signs for anything else you don't want to use commands for. You just right click the sign and the command is issued. Of course that means you have to be next to the sign, but might be useful for you :D

7. Offline

UltraFaceguy

I know, I already have everything set up, a special location reserved for this as a buyable permission

But thank you for taking the time to advise :D