[MECH] Flaming Arrows v1.3 - Light Your Arrows with Flint & Steel [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by locutus, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Offline

locutus

[fire][fire][fire] Flaming Arrows - Light Your Arrows with Flint & Steel [fire][fire][fire]

originally by Mixcoatl​
    Version: v1.3
    Flaming Arrows!There are quite a few plugins that allow players to shoot flaming arrows of one variety or another, but most of them have so many extras that they are cumbersome to use, or they don't seem to consider game balance.
    Unlike these, Flaming Arrows consumes flint & steel, and allows the server operator to choose how many flint & steel "charges" are required per flaming arrow; the default is five.

Features:
    • Fire flaming arrows at opponents to immolate them!
    • Burn down wooden houses or woolen airships!
    • Permissions support: FlamingArrows.ignite
    • Players must have flint & steel to light their arrows.
    • Left-click with your bow to toggle whether you're using flaming arrows.
    • Server operators may configure...
      • ...how much flint & steel durability is used to light each arrow.
      • ...how many fire ticks to afflict upon player and non-player targets.
      • ...which item is used to toggle flaming arrows on and off.
      • ...which players can use flaming arrows.
      • ...the flaming arrows enabled and disabled messages sent to players.
    • If a piggie is struck by a flaming arrow and dies, any porkchops it drops are automatically converted into grilled porkchops. Any damage that sets the piggie's fire ticks will also trigger this effect.
    Downloads:

CONFIGURATION:
    Show Spoiler

config.yml:
    The following is the default config.yml file. This file resides in your plugins/FlamingArrows directory and will be automatically created the first time the plug-in is loaded by your server.
    Code:
    flaming-arrows:
    charges-required:
    flint-and-steel: 5
    fire-ticks:
    non-player: 600
    player: 0
    disabled: '*Flaming Arrows* You are now firing normal arrows.'
    enabled: '*Flaming Arrows* You are now firing flaming arrows.'
    wand: bow
    whitelist:
    - '*'
    Some things to remember:
    The '*' entry in the whitelist matches all players.
    Remove the '*' element from the whitelist if you want to control which players are allowed to using flaming arrows!
    Player names must be played inside single quotes (e.g. 'mixcoatl77')

TODO:
    • Refactor the config code.
    CHANGELOG:
    Version 1.3.0
    • Taken over by bladedpenguin
    • Permissions added
    • Block ignition added
    Version 1.2.2
    • Updated for CB #935.
    Show Spoiler

Changelog:
    Version 1.2.1
    • Fixed: Added quotes around the default * element of the whitelist.
    Version 1.2.0
    • Added player whitelist.
    • Added flaming arrows toggle by left-clicking the configured item.
    • Added configurable enable and disable messages.
    • Split fire ticks into player and non-player settings.
    Version 1.1.1
    • Fixed: touching a pressure plate was causing arrows to fire due to the way player interaction events were being handled.
    Version 1.1.0
    • Restructured the source files a little bit.
    • Added configuration setting to select whether players are affected by flaming arrows.
    • Added configuration setting to select the number of fire ticks afflicted upon a target struck by a flaming arrow.
    Version 1.0.1
    • Fixed: removed event cancellation checking. These checks were preventing certain player interaction events from being detected by the plug-in. It's very annoying when other plug-ins cancel events they don't actually handle.
    • Fixed: some targets were not catching on fire when struck with a flaming arrow.
    Version 1.0.0
    • Initial plug-in release.

Mixcoatl likes this.
  2. Offline

Plague

changelog ahs to show at least two versions outside a spoiler

3. Offline

captainawesome7

Why so much space?

4. Offline

locutus

I dunno where that came from

5. Offline

captainawesome7

Yeah sometimes XenForo just likes to mess with posts :/

6. Offline

Plague

category names are uppercase

7. Do you think you can add Explosive Arrows? :)

8. Thank you for picking this project up, it was disheartening to see it go inactive and joyful to see it come back alive. I've been using it for a while on a survival/pvp and now factions server.
    The only thing about this that make me go hmmmmm is that flaming arrows override no-pvp areas by causing burn damage which I insist on on my server. I put fire-ticks: for player: 120 and that seems to cause a total of 3 hearts damage (just thought of armor havent tested how that would affect that), and I love that blocks ignite but I have yet to see any fire spread.
    I also put charges-required: flint-and-steel: 15 and that gets a player a total of 4 flaming arrows from one flintandsteel, with some left over, so if a player brings 4 flintandsteels, seems to get 18 flaming arrows before he/she runs out and uses up the flint and steel evenly. This makes me thing there are about 65 charges on one flint and steel?
    I'm still playing with the numbers, just thought I would share them. I might increase the ticks on player so they burn just a tad longer and now since you support permissions I can limit this ability to those players who level up or pay for it through an economy plugin and that should balance things nicely.
    Overall, very exciting, very fun. Definitely one of my favorites.

9. Offline

locutus

I've bu
    Hrmm... I think I can do something about that. I may also make the Playerfireticks and the Fintandsteelusage permissions group based configs. That way you can give different groups different abilities

I think there are 64 charges in a F&S, but i could be mistaken.
    I suppose I could add a config for it. One of the things I like about this plugin is that all the information about the arrows is stored in getFireTicks(). That way, I don't care whether it was a dispenser or player or skeleton that shot the arrow. Perhaps I'll put in a threshhold or something.

Try hitting treetops or wood structures. I've burned down a number of woolen airships using this. Remember that Notch nerfed fire.

10. Offline

pyropyro78

In a future update would it be possible to be able to disable the igniting of block/firespread from the config file? We would love to have this on our server, but the current way it ignites seems to bypass worldguard

11. With Residences it works perfectly.
    No ignition, no firespread if deactivated.

12. Offline

Joeyy

Updated to CB #1000, updated this plugin too.
    Left clicking using a bow doesn't switch anymore.

Tried downgrading the flamingarrow plugin, doesn't work either.

13. Offline

locutus

Wierd. I'm using CB 1000 on my server, and it works great. Do you have the correct Permissions nodes?

14. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Did u check EffectiveArrows? Just a suggestion.

15. Offline

locutus

I see that. Now that Effective Arrows does everything I want, (pending some testing) I'll no longer be maintaining this plugin. No need for so many clones.

If only you could have had it this way earlier, and saved me some coding!

16. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Sorry... but hey if you ever want to work on this with me and make it a killer plugin feel free to say so.

17. Offline

locutus

Nah, it does everything I want. The main reason I write plugins is because I can't find one with the features I want. Now I've got one of my own and one of yours that fit the bill, so I'm done writing arrow plugins :)

18. Offline

Zorigami

I get this error when I try to switch between fire and normal(I'm an op btw)
    Code:
    09:24:07 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to FlamingArrows
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler
        at org.mudcraft.bukkit.flamingarrows.FlamingArrowsPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(FlamingArrowsPlayerListener.java:103)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:314)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:86)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:497)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:43)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

19. Offline

locutus

The issue seems to be that you do not have permissions installed. There are several plugins that will bridge between BukkitPermissions an plugin based Permissions. Find one and use it.