[Mech/Fix] VoidBeGone

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Alkhemyst, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Offline

Alkhemyst

I have school and exams so I thought that someone else could do this, since I've never seen a plugin like this. I googled a mod but I thought It wasn't fair that everyone had to download a mod just to get rid of the void fog which is so irritating D:

Suggested Name: VoidBeGone or NoVoidfog or something like that

Possibility: This meets the criteria for possibility of a plugin, there is nothing that states a plugin cannot do this.

What this plugin will do: Basically all this plugin does is removes the void fog within the vicinity of the area or the entire world, Whatever suits you. The plugin can also be passive or Active, What this means is that with it Active: I can do a command like /vbg or /nv and it voila! the void fog is gone! And with it passive the entire worlds void fog is just gone. Not Sure if this will work for all players on the server with the permission or if this would work for only the user that is executing the command.

What I'm trying to say is I don't care whether or not the radius of the void fog is completely gone or set to 200 blocks from the player, I haven't seen the effects of such a thing since the mod only worked in single player, And I certainly haven't seen the effects on the server, So that might have to be toggled just a bit.

Permissions: voidfog.toggle - Toggle Void Fog

I'm not asking much and I'm kind of broadening out what might be possible so that many different plugins can be created with different settings and stuff.

2. Offline

TKramez

I'm pretty sure this would require a client mod. Optifine does this just fine.

3. Offline

Alkhemyst

Well if you read this is very possible indeed Sir.
    There is a plugin called magic spells which allows you to cast spells, specifically a spell called light where you cast light from swinging a stick which you can then use to light your way, however It is limited to client-side and only the player casting the spell can see the light casted. Therefore, If you can do that, I'm pretty sure that you can rather than adding a non-placeable entity, subtract it in this case being void fog. Or, you can just simply move the void fog to be under the bedrock If thats possible.

Also, I stated that It wouldn't be fair to force everyone to download a mod to get rid of something. I don't download server mods like Tekkit, because It forces everyone to Have Tekkit to work.
    This can fall in both Mod and Plugin because it is possible as a plugin, and if people did have mods, They wouldn't crash their minecraft since they have a safe feeling that the optifine class files aren't blocking mods that use those specific class files.

4. Offline

AndyMcB1

Sure is possible! I'm sure someone could make it for you :)