[MECH] EternalWolf v1.0.3 - Make tamed wolves invincible! [1.1-R6]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by robinjam, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Offline

robinjam

This project has moved over to BukkitDev. Future updates will be posted here.

EternalWolf - Make tamed wolves invincible!
    Version: 0.4.3

Creepers, lava, heights - all are deadly to wolves. Until science breeds a supernatural wolf that can fly and shoot lasers out of its eyes, this plugin does the next best thing - make them invincible!

Features
    • Makes tamed wolves invulnerable to all kinds of damage
    • Restricts the number of wolves each player may own (default 5) to help with game balance
    • Release your wolves back into the wild by left-clicking on them while holding a bone
    • Find out who owns a wolf by right-clicking it while holding a bone
    • Call your wolves to you with the /call-wolves command
    • Supports the official Bukkit permissions system
    Download latest stable release
    eternal-wolf-0.4.3.jar

Source code
    [​IMG]

Donate
    If you like this plugin, please consider helping me through college by making a small donation.

[​IMG]

Configuration
    You can restrict the number of wolves each player is allowed to tame by setting the max_wolves option within config.yml. By default, each player is allowed a maximum of 5 wolves.
    You can remove the restriction altogether by setting max_wolves to -1, although this is not recommended.

Permissions
    EternalWolf uses the official Bukkit permissions system. I recommend using the official PermissionsBukkit plugin to manage groups and permissions.
    The following permission nodes are available. The default permissions are shown in brackets.
    • eternalwolf.invincible_wolves (everybody) - Makes the player's wolves invincible when they are logged in (all tamed wolves are invincible if their owner is offline)
    • eternalwolf.call_wolves (everybody) - Allows the player to use the /call-wolves command
    • eternalwolf.release_own_wolves (everybody) - Allows the player to release their own wolves
    • eternalwolf.release_other_wolves (ops only) - Allows the player to release any other player's wolves
    • eternalwolf.check_owner (everybody) - Allows the user to check who owns a wolf
    • eternalwolf.many_wolves (ops only) - Allows the user to tame as many wolves as they like (bypassing the max_wolves option)
    Known issues
    • None. If you find a bug, please let me know.
    Changelog
    v0.4.3
    • Removes CraftBukkit dependency (this should mean fewer breakages with future builds)
    v0.4.2
    • Adds Bukkit Permissions ('superperms') support
    v0.4.1
    • Update for Minecraft 1.7
    v0.4
    • Adds eternalwolf.invincible_wolves permission
    • Bugfixes:
      • The owner of a wolf can now be determined even if they are offline
      • Players with the eternalwolf.release_other_wolves permission can now release wolves even if the owner is offline
      • Fixes a NullPointerException in the EntityListener class
    More (open)

v0.3
    • Adds /call-wolves command
    • Adds permissions support
    v0.2
    • Adds ability to release wolves
    • Adds ability to find out who owns a wolf
    v0.1
    • Initial release

Xordaii likes this.
  2. Offline

rezznov

are you able to make a plugin were you are a wolf if so can you make it a plugin
    just wondering
    please reply

3. Offline

robinjam

That would be theoretically possible, but it would be quite difficult to do and you would need to install a client mod to make it work.
    In any case I don't think I could program it.

rezznov likes this.
  4. Offline

rezznov

5. Offline

robinjam

6. Offline

rezznov

well it can be used in a minecraft server
    im realy desprate for a mod/plugin like that

7. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

Issue found: If you tame a wolf, hit it with a bone then tame it again, you're stuck with the wolf, you can't untame it again, instead you have an invincible wolf to deal with.

8. Offline

robinjam

Strange, I can't reproduce that behaviour. Perhaps a silly question, but are you sure you're using v0.4.2? Also, which build of CraftBukkit are you using? (it's compatible with 1060, I haven't tested it with later builds)
    If there's any more info you could provide so I can reproduce this bug, it'd be appreciated :)

9. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

Oh wait I'm still on 1000 because I hit tons of issues with 1060, that might be the problem.

10. Offline

robinjam

v0.4.3 is out, removing the CraftBukkit dependency (this should mean fewer breakages with future CraftBukkit updates).

11. Offline

wassilij

It would be better if the wolf is invincible when the owner is offline :)