Inactive [MECH] DwarfForge v 2.13 Run Furnaces on Lava [1.3.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Don Redhorse, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Don Redhorse
    While 2.8 loads properly and does not give errors, it still has the issue with furnaces randomly stopping and unresponsiveness when toggling furnaces. This is with a clean config and and all other files removes. Have you tried it with theese settings?

Code:
    # DwarfForge 2.8 by [Don Redhorse]
    #
    # Configuration File for DwarfForge.
    #
    # For detailed assistance please visit: [URL]http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/dwarfforge[/URL]
    #------- Default Configuration
    # Configuration Version
    configVer: '2.4'
    # Error Log Enabled
    # Enable logging to server console
    # Warning and Severe will still be logged.
    errorLogEnabled: true
    # Debug Log Enabled
    # Enable more logging.. could be messy!
    DebugLogEnabled: false
    # Check for Update
    # Will check if there is a new version of the plugin out.
    checkForUpdate: true
    # Auto Update Config
    # This will overwrite any changes outside the configuration parameters!
    autoUpdateConfig: false
    # Save Config
    # This will overwrite any changes outside the configuration parameters!
    # Only needed if you use ingame commands to change the configuration.
    saveConfig: false
    #-------- Plugin Configuration
    # The time to cook/smelt an item in seconds. 9.25 secs is the Minecraft default.
    cooking-time: 9.25
    # Set to true to require fuel (coal, wood, etc.) in the input chest.
    # The forge will continue to automate un/loading of goods and fuel.
    require-fuel: true
    # When set to false, only the following fuels are burned: coal/charcoal, wood, saplings,
    # sticks, logs, lava buckets. When true, these additional items are counted as fuel:
    # fence, wood stairs, trap doors, chests, note blocks, jukeboxes and bookshelves.
    allow-crafted-items: false
    # How far to the left or right a forge may be to access an input/output chest (through other forges).
    # Set to zero for unlimited. Horizontally "stacked" forges still require lava underneath to function.
    stack-limit-horizontal: 3
    # How far above the lava (through other forges) a furnace may be and still be considered a forge.
    # Set to zero for unlimited.
    stack-limit-vertical: 3

2. Offline

Don Redhorse

well I don't know honestly where the issue is, it could be change in bukkit... I didn't really do a lot and I tried to look into the code to see if I did some stupid mistakes.

I will look into it again but atm I can't see it... could be me..

3. Do you get the problem yourself? Can you recreate it?

4. Offline

Don Redhorse

yes... but I can't find the place in the code WHY it happens... I check the damage event (you are hitting the forge) and than it should work directly... The problem is that this uses a different thread, and I have no idea why, as I didn't code the plugin. I think I will need to try to contact the original developer or try to work around it.

5. Offline

Nyutan

I don't have anything useful to say, except Good luck, and looking forward to updates. :3

6. You can always revert to v2.2 code, update it for the new API, make sure problem havent resurfaces. Then very slowly implement the fixes since then and load up the plugin after every tiny change and look for the moment the problem comes back. Then you know where and what causes it. Its ofc extremely time consuming :)

7. Offline

Don Redhorse

I know.. but I looked at the code... there are no obvious changes to support that behavior.. I will look into it again, it could be a bukkit issue, but IIRC you said that you don't have that with the 2.2 version.. sigh..

thanks, that was useful :)

ok I looked at it again... the only reason I can find for that behavior (and I didn't change that) is that the code has a random time to wait in there before toggle-ling the furnace on or off, it is called anti-stampede so I guess it is in there for a reason.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  8. Don Redhorse
    2.2 did work on the same bukkit build that the later ones did not. If the stampede code remains unchanged, then its something else.. or something changed that the stampede code relies on. My own experience with java is extremely limited. About 2 days worth of self-teching from various webpages. I barely managed to update 3 plugins to the new API.. so i cant help you with the code itself.

9. Offline

Don Redhorse

no problem... I can't find the difference though.. there shouldn't be anything between 2.2 and 2.4 which causes it.. just look at the commits... you can use ?w=1 after the url to get rid of the whitespace diffs

10. Don Redhorse
    If i remember correctly, you changed something about the lava under having to be source lava and not flowing lava. Thats when it stopped working for me. Is that code okay? or are there later/other chests while running that dont match those?

11. Offline

Don Redhorse

well I changed from block.getMaterial(Material.LAVA) || block.getMaterial(Material.STATIONARY_LAVA) to only stationary lava.. (pseudo code).

I can look again, but that shouldn't have that effect

12. Offline

Cyberin

I posted this as a comment on the bukkit page, but figured I'd add it here as well.

I'm testing your dev build for 1.2.3, updated bukkit and all...the forges don't always seem to stay lit after the first piece of fuel is used, sometimes they do, but the majority of time they turn off.

I have a chest full of cobble and coal, but each forge only cooks 8 cobble, then it turns itself off.

After checking the ones that are off they all have 1 piece of coal in them, and one stone in the completed section of the forge screen. (my output box is not full)

Some of the forges are also throwing out pieces of coal. I can't quite place when/why this is happening...but it happens a lot.

13. Offline

Don Redhorse

hi... like I posted on dev.bukkit... let's wait and see till we have an RB... it doesn't make sense to try to figure out stuff because bukkit is changing till it isn't stable..

14. Don Redhorse
    Can you post the 2.2 source? I can only find 2.1. Perhaps i can update it to the new lister and atleast have some sort of furnace functionality while we wait.

15. Offline

Don Redhorse

source is on github... you need to check a little with the versions though.. but I normally also update the dwarfforge.ver file if I push (and not forget it).

The plugin does work with 1.2.3 r0.1 though already I need to iron out the bugs bukkit introduces though

16. Don Redhorse
    I could not find 2.2 on github, only 2.1.

Also, 2.8 (the one working?) would still not work properly with the same old issue of furnaces turning off.

Edit: Just tested DF 2.8 on CB2077 and it still will not work properly. Same issue with furnaces not always starting, sometimes kicking out items and randomly stopping.

Edit2: This time i did find the source for 2.2

Edit3: May be a silly question, but from what API file do you import net.minecraft.server.* stuff from? I cant seem to resolve those.

17. Offline

Don Redhorse

not at all, you need craftbukkit too... that's why I have the disclaimer in the op... btw: thanks for trying to help.. I really have no idea anymore WHY it should behave differently..

18. Don Redhorse
    http://www.nub.nu/dwarfforge.jar

That is a modified v2.2 that works on CB2077. Source is included in jarfile. I only did a little testing but from what i can see the sluggish response is gone, they dont spit out items and dont randomly stop. I have not tested in no-fuel mode and not with custom fuel.

Edit: Oh, and if you do find it working too.. dont ask me what i did.. cause i dont know java. i just removed the color from lines in eclipse :)

Edit2: Updated jar file with support for blaze_rod as normal fuel. Tested on 2088 and seems to work there aswell.

19. Offline

Don Redhorse

ok.. I will look into the code... I really wonder where the differences are..

20. Don Redhorse
    Dont think of the problem, think of the solution! :)

Don Redhorse likes this.
  21. Offline

Don Redhorse

oh... btw.. do you still know which classes you edited?

well if THAT was the fix it is a bug... I removed the Monitor level for the block damage event... which was the same like the original plugin, please try 2.9

https://github.com/dredhorse/DwarfForge/blob/master/etc/DwarfForge.jar

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  22. Dont ask me what i did, i just fiddled around a bit until the color went away :)

Will test it now for you.

Edit: Nope, stops and unresponsive. .. And it spits fuel too :/
    Edit2: Actually, i remember changing a bunch of variables.. lowercase c to uppercase C i think.... somewhere.

23. Offline

Don Redhorse

argh.... I compared your java against mine in all classes... that was the only real difference

I really don't know... is there are pattern with other users having the same issue?

I'm not using fuel, perhaps that is a difference... but still.. the only change you did is implemented :-(

24. Edit: nm my previous ramblings.. but when i change the below section in Forge, i commented the old line and then added the one from 2.2 and everything magically fixes itself.
    Code:
      // Is lava or another Forge below? Then it is a Forge.
      Block below = block.getRelative(BlockFace.DOWN);
    /*  return Utils.isBlockOfType(below, Material.STATIONARY_LAVA) */
      return Utils.isBlockOfType(below, Material.LAVA, Material.STATIONARY_LAVA)
        || isValid(below, stack - 1);
    }

I made a new jarfile, called it 2.9.1 and included the source. This time i used your 1.9 source and made NO changes except for the above mentioned one line. And it seems to work.

Ofc, your line is not complex and looks like it should work, the only thing i can think of is that there is a second check somewhere and the two checks are fighting each other.

www.nub.nu/DwarfForge2.9.1.jar

25. Offline

Don Redhorse

so are you using stationary lava or floating java? what could be is that bukkit has an issue with it... I could whack up some debug code for that tomorrow..

to explain.. the function in the Util class will just check if the block below the furnace is something... there was an exploit (for rights) with this as you could place the furnace, dig a hole and let lava float in... removing Lava did fix that..

oh.. and I did see that change too.. but ... how.... well.. sigh...

26. Don Redhorse
    Yes, i understand what the line does. When you updated the plugin to no longer accept flowing lava i switched to stationary lava. Still, it did not work. Is there some lava check that only triggers when using fuel?

27. Offline

Don Redhorse

nope, it is when you whack the furnace

28. Then i cant see why it does it, i just know that if swap the line back to the old one it works.

29. Offline

Don Redhorse

well.. there are other checks when it does that. like smelt event..

so it is this or being able to exploit it... sigh..

30. Don Redhorse
    Permission rights exploit? Since i use fuel i let anyone build a forge anyway. I guess it would be diffrent if you dont need fuel to run it.. but why run a server where some users gain unfair advantages over others?