Inactive [MECH] DwarfForge v 2.13 Run Furnaces on Lava [1.3.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Don Redhorse, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Don Redhorse

hehe.... yes I know.. thanks... when I update the plugin (soon) I will do that..

2. Don Redhorse

After updating to CB1917 this plagues the console. It still seems to smelt but its kinda spammy.

Code:
    12:37:22 [SEVERE] Block at 116,106,-2938 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
    12:37:23 [SEVERE] Block at 116,106,-2937 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
    12:37:23 [SEVERE] Block at 116,105,-2937 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
    12:37:24 [SEVERE] Block at 116,105,-2938 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
    12:37:24 [SEVERE] Block at 116,105,-2939 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
    12:37:25 [SEVERE] Block at 116,106,-2939 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
    12:37:25 [SEVERE] Block at 116,104,-2939 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
    12:37:26 [SEVERE] Block at 116,104,-2938 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
    12:37:26 [SEVERE] Block at 116,104,-2937 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.

3. Offline

Don Redhorse

looking into it...

btw: version 2.3 is out

4. Offline

lastern

I liked that ideo cool and useful plugin for crafters
    [chest] [furnace] [chest]
    - [lava] -

5. Don Redhorse
    Thanks, will give it a whirl and see how it works.

Edit:
    Code:
    06:50:01 [WARNING] Task of 'DwarfForge' generated an exception
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlockState cannot be cast to org.bukkit.block.Furnace
            at org.simiancage.bukkit.DwarfForge.Forge.toggle(Forge.java:420)
            at org.simiancage.bukkit.DwarfForge.DFBlockListener$1.run(DFBlockListener.java:130)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:503)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

Thats when placing furnaces and i cant get it to smelt at all with blazerods.

6. Offline

Don Redhorse

sigh... will need to check that... atm it seems there are some bugs in bukkit

7. Offline

zmm109

cool plugin

8. Offline

Don Redhorse

It works for me on RB R3, it will also take the blazerods

thanks, just keeping it alive

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  9. Im not using RB R3, im using 1917 since the latest VanishNoPacket requires a newer version.

10. Offline

Don Redhorse

ah.... well... in this case you need to wait... and I hope the next RB will not break the plugin... I'm working hard on another plugin atm and chances are that till the new RB comes out a lot changes.. so I don't support interim versions..

sorry..

11. Don Redhorse
    1938 is out and its a new RB, any idea how latest version of DF works with that?

Edit: Gave it a short test. Added all source lava under and it works without errors now for all old fuel. But i still cant get it to use the blaze rod as fuel.

Edit2: Doh! I see the problem now, blazerods are custom fuel, they should not be. They are a proper fuel in normal furnaces and therefor not furniture or crafted items or such.

12. Offline

Don Redhorse

ah.. fixed in 2.4, that version is compiled against R4 but has NO updated events so it still works for older versions of CB... you can get it on dev.bukkit soon or on github

13. could u add config to make furnaces run out of the lava? True or False options for it.
    I dont like the idea its INFINITE "coal" for players. Id rather want it to run out but u could make 2x small chests with 1 lava or something.

14. That option already exists in the config.

15. oh.. how much stuff it can handle with 1 bucket of lava? :D

16. Its still adding theese messages to console. And i am using the R4 RB
    Code:
    2012-02-15 11:28:20 [SEVERE] Block at 534,70,-4310 is FURNACE but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.

Same as a normal furnace.

17. Offline

Don Redhorse

the furnace but has null is a cb issue... EvilSeph posted that somewhere in the R4 thread.

18. The furnace block null thingie is from R4 and its not fixed yet , it does no harm atleast i havent seen it doing anything bad.

Same as normal furnace, id rather use the normal coal then :( if Lava would make it 4x or 5x better then i would use it :D

19. Semirotta
    As far as i know, fuel "quality" is the same in a dwarfforge as in a normal furnace. The main reasons for using a dwarfforge is to be able to adjust cook time, need for fuel at all but most importantly, to remove the tedious micromanagement of having to work several furnaces individually.

Fuel quality is simply how long you get the furnace to smelt things for 1 fuel. Ie, how long it has a flame. Better fuel doesnt smelt things faster that i know of.

20. Offline

Don Redhorse

yepp... the plugin is just using the defaults... don't ask me how it figures out how long a custom fuel will burn.. cb does that.

I use it for unlimited burning and handling of the chests... there will probably come a redstone feature... but later..

21. Don Redhorse

Im having the problem of furnaces going off before input is out of fuel and resources.

Using v2.4 and CB 1938. Fuel enabled, custom off, max 3x3 furnaces.

Putting in a couple of stacks of sand and saplings and enabling all 9 furnaces results in them all cooking one sand into glass, then the bottom row goes off and the two remaining rows keep going.

22. Offline

Don Redhorse

will the same happen with coal?

23. Did some further testing now, overall behaviour is that sometimes when hitting the forges they will not even start/stop, sometime taking up to 4 hits to turn em on or off (no, server is not lagging and nothing pops up in console on these failed hits).

Coal does not randomly stop from what i can see, saplings do and now center of middle row just stopped so its not limited to bottom row.

Edit:
    To spice things up a bit i decided to test a bit with planks and sticks. Planks behave like coal and sticks like saplings. My guess would be that the timing for refueling is off on the quicker fuel like saplings and sticks and so it has time to run to a halt.

24. Offline

Don Redhorse

hmm... well I need to redo the plugin for R5 nevertheless... I hope next week... I will look into that.

major issue just is that is uses nms code and that I haven't really looked into the code yet..

25. Okay, ill wait. Its a great plugin and my users love it. Takes alot of hassle out of smelting.

26. Offline

Don Redhorse

ok, updated to new event system, so it is ready for R5!

KEEP IN MIND THAT MINECRAFT 1.2 MIGHT BREAK THIS PLUGIN TILL I FIX IT!

well... atm I don't see a workaround there.. the plugin uses a thread to toggle the furnaces on and off.. don't know why the original developer did that and I don't have the time atm to figure it out or change it.

concerning the tests you did, the inventory api is severly limited, the reason why the plugin uses the native minecraft server code in several places.

so we are looking for a FurnaceBurnEvent which is triggered when the fuel starts burning.. not the end... and than we restock the fuel, via a thread, I guess there are some timing issues..

like I said... later..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  27. Don Redhorse
    v2.2 Which im using now does not have the fuel problem, perhaps you could look into why it doesnt and has changed since then?

28. Offline

Don Redhorse

hmm... you are talking 2.5 against 2.2? I can't find anything atm directly which could cause this.

29. Yes

30. Offline

Don Redhorse

broken in R6 will update in the next couple of days