Inactive [MECH] Dungeon Crawl v0.5 - A hardcore dungeon generator for the brave. [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by marinating, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Offline

marinating

Dungeon Crawl - The dungeon generating plugin.
    Version: 0.5

Known issue: if you create a dungeon too close to the void or the height limit strange things will happen, not limited to but including huge pillars of solid cobblestone/mossy cobblestone appearing. There is no undo button because this is your fault, not mine. You have been warned. The safest area to create a dungeon is between y=70 and y=95.

There is a niche for plugins that let you make your own dungeons, set the monster spawns, curate your little combat zone so your players can have some hack and slash for a while.
    Dungeon Crawl is not your baby sister's dungeon plugin.
    You will cower in fear. You will cry. Zombies will appear out of nowhere. Dungeon Crawl randomly generates a linear dungeon- there are 3 different life-threatening rooms as of now, with more fun to come later- and you don't know how it works. There is no cheat, unless you want to be a cheater. I will not add warping. I will not add a party system. I will not add anything to make this more user friendly. Suck it up and go adventuring like a real man (or woman).
    It's so simple to use Dungeon Crawl, even a pig zombie could do it. Stand somewhere, face the direction you want the dungeon to be created in, and type /crawl.
    You need a permissions node to do that, or you must be an OP. The node is 'dungeon.crawl'
    If you create a dungeon over a structure that you considered important and you want it back, tough luck. Dungeons take up quite a bit of space so I suggest you don't do it in the middle of Gotham City.

Dungeon Crawl has no listeners. It doesn't care if you interact, break blocks, or smelt items. There is one command. Nothing else. There won't be anything else.
    The dungeons will get harder as I continue to develop. If you have a request that isn't for a dungeon module, I won't listen.

I coded this in about 5 hours and haven't had a chance to bugtest completely. If you find something wrong, be specific- provide a log if you can. I'll fix it.
    Have you tried this plugin and found the dungeons too easy? Give me suggestions on how to make them more torturous.

Features
    • One command and none of the fluff. Your server will only notice this plugin when a dungeon is being created.
    • Linear dungeon with plenty of monsters and no ambient lighting. Bring your own torches and levers (for the doors).
    • More dungeon modules being added often- check again soon for mazes and branching paths.
    • Real rewards for a real dungeon experience- none of that iron ingot and saddles crap. Gold. Diamond. Multiple diamonds. Anyone who rolls with me is a high roller.
    • Permissions support.
    Download

Changelog
    Version 0.5
    • Release

ogr93, GmK, Goddo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Offline

Desbreko

Well, i downloaded this for my server, and i'm rather dissapointed. I have yet to spawn a single dungeon that actually spawns right and actually works.. even when they're between y:70 and y:95...

3. Offline

marinating

See the inactive tag?