[MECH]Drill v0.8 - AutomatedDrill with ecofriendly fuel [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Piddu, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Piddu

Drill - The Automated Drill ecofriendly fuel
    Version: v0.8

My second plugin, this time i have made possible to build drills in order to dig tunnels and pits faster with an automated machines.
    You might guess "why?", because i think that even this if it's called "MINEcraft" this doesn't mean that players just dig tunnel to mine materials.
    Most of the players dig 1 x 2 tunnels in order to find diamond or iron thanreturn on surface to build their houses-castles, many buildings are built on the surface, players dig as less as they can. that's because digging is boring, nobody likes to dig, and nobody tries to dig huge chambers underground and build buildings there.
    My Drill plugin let players build drills, these will use sugar as fuel and will dig through blocks.
    The drill will stop to dig if founds bedrock, water, lava, or dungeon block,or it consumes all the fuel also it can't dig at a distance greater than65 blocks.
    To build a drill you have to put an Iron Block or a Diamond Block next to a furnace and click on Iron or Diamond block.
    Put some sugar in the furnace ( at the bottom inventory slot).
    Power up the furnace, the drill will dig 1 block in the Iron or diamond block direction.
    The mined block is dropped at furnace location.
    If an iron block is used, the drill will consume 2 sugar units x block.
    With a diamond block the drill will use 1 sugar unit x block.

Video Tutorial by Chijinsan

Features:
    • My plugin let player build drills
    • Drill will dig blocks
    • Drill is build with a furnace block + Iron or Diamond Block.
    • WorldGuard and BigBrother supported.
    Permissions:

PERMISSIONS 3.0 IS REQUIRED TO MAKE THIS PLUGIN WORK

• Drill.Iron - let players build iron drills
    • Drill.Diamond - let players build diamond drills
    Download The Test Plugin
    https://github.com/downloads/Piddu/Drill/Drill.jar
    Source Code
    https://github.com/Piddu/Drill

Default config file:
    Drill:
    Names:
    TypeOne: Iron
    TypeTwo: Diamond
    ID:
    TypeOneId: 42
    TypeTwoId: 57
    Fuel:
    Id: 353
    TypeOneFuelxBlock: 2
    TypeTwoFuelxBlock: 1
    Distance:
    MaxDistance: 65

When you load the plugin it will create a config file with default values in plugin\Drill\config.yml .

After that you can edit the config and then reload the plugin.
    How to edit config:
    TypeOne and TypeTwo are the names displayed when you create a Drill.
    TypeOneID and TypeTwoID are BLOCKS ID for each type of Drill. Use proper BLOCKS ID.
    FUEL ID is the id of the fuel i.e. 353 is sugar, you can put 352 to use Bones instead.
    TypeOneFuelxBlock and TypeTwoFuelxBlock is the amount of fuel used to drill a block.
    MaxDistance is how far a Drill can drill.

As defaults, the "TypeOneDrill" is made by an Iron block ( TypeOneId 42) uses sugar as fuel (ID 353) , consumes 2 units of sugar per block and can drill at 65 block distance max

Changelog:
    Version 0.1
    • released
    Version 0.2
    • fixed a bug on diamond block break
    Version 0.3
    • Other bug fix..
    Version 0.5
    • Added cfg file
    • Configurable Drill Blocks
    • Configurable Fuel
    • Configurable Fuel Consume for each type of drill
    • Configurable max Drill distance
    Version 0.6
    • Drill can be broken by other drills, and db file is updated properly.
    Version 0.7
    • Breaking drill heads will break also the furnace
    Version 0.8
    • Added WorldGuard support ( see last reply )
    • Added BigBrother support (see last reply)

TienSon likes this.
  2. Offline

sleite

Doesn't work with latest recommended build (860).

Error:

16:39:15 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to Drill
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler
    at drill.DrillPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(DrillPlayerListener.java:125)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:166)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:63)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:453)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Updated: OK .. after reading all the posts here, I see this plug-in requires permissions. (Why? I have no idea.)

Suggestion: Put a section called Dependencies: in the documentation, and add a link to the Permissionso plug-in. It will save a lot of head-aches for many people, the plug-in designer includes.

Question: Why does this plug-in require Permissions?

Suggestion: One poster suggested using Gold Block instead of Iron because of mcMMO. Gold is a soft metal - it makes no sense. Suggest using Obsidian instead. I still would prefer to see a solution that allows users to use Iron, and Diamond though - some kind of work-around perhaps?

Nice plug-in concept. Too bad it doesn't work right now. I'll watch this thread in hopes of a working drill soon!

Thanks!

3. Offline

Piddu

there is a part called Permissions Node i think is easy enough to understand that it works with that.
    the meaning of permissions is that since it's not a common mechanism plugin some admin would like to avoid players to use that... plus actually i have not fixed the issue with World guard areas...

in latest changelog i wrote that there is a configuarable file, and there is a part on the first post regarding how to configure blocks id... so yes you can already put a gold block instead of iron if you want...

i still have to update it to latest bukkit vers... i am waiting that my server admins change bukkit versions so i can test the plugin properly...

4. Offline

compgurusteve

-.- I can give you an updated server :-P

5. Offline

Piddu

it works on 860 but Permissions are still needed, it can workd wit permissions 2.7 or 3.15 just config the .yml in the proper way

6. Offline

Piddu

Since removing more than 1 furnace at once is a bit boring, i thought that breaking them by using a drill could be usefull. If you place a line of drills you can put 1 drill next to them pointed towards the furnace line, and use that to remove furnaces after you ha finished to mine... it's a bit tricky =)

7. Offline

sleite

I have found the same thing .. removing the furnaces takes a long time (when you have a lot of them). Would it be possible to "detect" when a drill is broken, and then automatically break the furnace? (Eg. Breaking the iron / diamond block is easier than breaking the furnace block).

Found a couple of bug(?)s today. Not sure if they're bugs, but more like oversights.

When the drill hits redstone or lapus lazulu it ejects the "blocks" instead of the harvested parts. Likewise, if the drill hits redstone dust (that you previously laid down) it converts it to item id 55.

My point is that the drill "produces" a few items that are usually not producable in the game. I would try to correct it if possible.

Feedback: Using the drill quite extensively today I found that the time it takes to grow the sugar cane, harvest it, convert it to a stack of 64 sugar, and then build the drill and take it apart after is FAR longer than it would take to just use your pick axe.

In an effort to make the drill more useful (eg. a time saver instead of a time waster), I changed the fuel type to just raw sugar cane (thanks for making that an option in the config file!), and also increasing the dig distance. This seems to have improved performance.

Great plug-in!

Feature Request: Would it be possible to put drills next to each other? It seems I have to space them at least one square apart.

8. Offline

Piddu

I think i will put your idea to break the furnace when a iron/diamond block is broken in next update...
    I have changed the fuel type to raw sugar cane too some days ago one my server. The problem of converting canes to sugar is that players were smashing their mice to craft sugar =)...

For RedStone Ore and lapis lazulu i think i will not convert them to redstone gem of lapis if drilled. The reason is that you can stack RedStone Ore cubes or lapis, and these will take you less inventory space than gems... even if they are not producable in game, i think that they can become " parts " for other plugins.
    Something like you need a redstone ore cube to make a new plugin item, how to obtain that ? use a drill ...

Placed Redstone dust, i'll make them turn into redstone dust if drilled.

You can already place drills next to each other, but you will notice that 1 drill will break more blocks than the other, that's because it's activated more times ( and consumes the right ammount of fuel), i stil have to correct that issue...

If you make a 8 drill line you'll notice this even more...

9. Offline

alysdal

Great plugin, i would like to use it for drilling an metro underground. Would be nice if i were able to form the drill like this
    [diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock]
    [diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock]
    [air][diamondblock][diamondblock][air]

this could drill me tunnel very easily and fast :)

10. can you drill down? or only side? left from the drill?

11. Offline

Piddu

ofc you can drill top and down . when you place the drill head the drill will break blocks in that direction.

I will make a patch asap, actually i am working on an other plugin... =P

12. Offline

compgurusteve

Don't know if you want to use this in your main info page, but PermissionsEx works this plugin as well just fine

13. Offline

GayJuice

is this plugin inactive please say no i love it!

14. Offline

Piddu

no no =P i will make an update ASAP...

GayJuice likes this.
  15. Offline

GayJuice

Thanks I love this :D its the power/abilities my advanced miners get in my server.

16. Offline

Quezax

Any Progress on the World Guard Issue?
    Any possibility to be able to configure multiple fuel types?
    And a Third Drill Head option (For obsidian, or future better than diamond stuff rumored)?
    Would it be possible to put config toggle the blocks whether they give mined product or ore blocks (i.e. for redstone and Lapis)?
    Love the plugin!

Code:
    Fuel: Cane
    Id: (Sugar Cane)
    TypeOneFuelxBlock: 3
    TypeTwoFuelxBlock: 2
    TypeThreeFuelxBlock: 1
    Fuel: Sugar
    Id: (Sugar)
    TypeOneFuelxBlock: 2
    TypeTwoFuelxBlock: 1
    TypeThreeFuelxBlock: .5
    Fuel: Coal
    Id: (Coal)
    TypeOneFuelxBlock: 1
    TypeTwoFuelxBlock: .5
    TypeThreeFuelxBlock: .25

17. Offline

Piddu

i think sugar cane is the best type of fuel, it's fast to get and replace and at least you can use it for something usefull.
    Making the drill consume 0.5, 0.25 fuel probably will cause some problems and exploits... so i leave it to a int value.
    In the first version i uses raw Sugar as fuel, but making stacks of sugar by smashing mouse buttons wasn't a good idea, that's why i have put in the config file the fuel ID value...
    I have never mentioned to put a third type of drill...

Now i am programming " the fast way " to dismantle the drill by just breaking the head...

small update done =)

18. Offline

TheGionk

ehi piddu !!! allora รจ vero che sei capace a fare plugin!!!
    Guys piddu is a genius !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

19. Offline

Piddu

I have finally added WorldGuard support to the plugin.
    Now if the server runs WorldGuard, the drillplugin performs some checks before drilling a block.
    This is how it works when WorldGuard IS ENABLED:
    The player who build the drill is its owner.
    If a drill is turned on and the block to drill is inside a WG region, WG checks if THE OWNER of the drill canbuild in that region.
    Only if the owner canbuild in the region, the block will be drilled.
    If someone else except the owner turn on a drill trying to drill something, the plugin now checks if the drill Owner is online and in the same world of the drill, if not the drill can't work.

BigBrother support:
    if BB is Enabled, the drilled blocks are logged. Each drilled blocks is logged as a if the owner of the drill has break it.

If WG and BB are not enabled the plugin should work anyway, without performing regions check ad logging block break events...

20. Offline

S4h4rk

Awesome plugin! Keep up the great work! :)

On my server, Drill v0.8 prevents FalseBook 0.87 DEV #3 self triggered ICs from working.

Best regards,
    S4h4rk

21. Testing this, but I can't get this to work:

Power up the furnace, the drill will dig 1 block in the Iron or diamond block direction.

Power up? The sugar is in the bottom slot, and seeing Sugar doesn't burn, what exactly do you mean? I tried adding redstone power to the furnace, no luck, what am I missing Oo

22. Offline

Jonchun

Same problem right here. I create the drill perfectly. (Diamond Drill/Iron Drill Set up! message comes up) But the drill doesn't actually do anything... Nothing happens when I "power it up"

23. Offline

Piddu

the furnace has no " burning effect " when it works... you have to continue to turn off and on the furnace...
    i have a video showing how to build and use it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33q7X6Z4858&feature=channel_video_title
    turn on the subtitles for eng subs...

if you still have problems, maybe you are trying to drill a protected region where you have no rights...

or you are trying to drill blocks at more than 64 block distance...

if you want take a look at this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk2AoEl5v5s&feature=relmfu

this is the sugarcane harvesting machine mentioned in the previous video =P

24. A request: could you make the "require owner online" thing optional in config? That makes it somewhat difficult to sell Drills to others ;)

Ideally, seperate from the same-world option. I may prefer owner to be online, but not perse in same world.

25. Offline

Piddu

what's the point in " selling Drills to others "? if they don't have permissions they cannot re-build them.
    You can give them permissions, sell them the required blocks, and then they can build them anywhere.

The same-world option i think is better to keep it in that way. There is reason for that, it's to avoid that players without permissions can use drills when the owner is not nearby or is offline.
    The meaning of this is that players who don't have drill permissions, cannot use them when the Owners are away, and can't control them.
    Turning OFF this control would nullify WG function, since anybody can use drills, if they are already built, and if they are setup in a WG region, anybody could use them to drill that region.

26. Offline

Adri.Hoster

Hi do i reeeally need permissions? Because i have Group manager and i cant use permissions because it wont let me to be admin ITALIAN: Ciao. Devo proprio avere permission? ho problemi ad usarlo nn riesco a farmi admin quindi uso Groupmanager

27. Offline

exelsisxax

I second the motion for a version that does not require permissions.

28. Offline

zwarmapapa

It would be a better plugin if the drill would move and mine on it's own (like 1 block every 3 sec), it would need 3 blocks then: iron/diamond-block + furnace + any block with a lever, the lever is the on/off switch.

29. Offline

zwarmapapa

I made a plugin that moves on its own, like I said in my last comment.

It's still beta, but the last version is currently stable and fully working, I just have to add a function so you can have 'Drill Wars' with them.
    The plugin is called Automatic Drilling Machines and it's bukkit dev page is: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/automatic-drilling-machines/

30. Offline

Fedevek

Is this plugin outdated? i can't make it work on my server, piddu, sono italiano, mi dai una mano? non so come farlo andare sul mio server della 1.2.5 e mi serve davvero!

31. Offline

md_5

Long time no see Piddu. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5