[MECH/DEV] MachinaCraft v4.1.11 - A framework for lever-activated devices [1.4.7-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Lyneira, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Lyneira

[​IMG]

What is MachinaCraft?

MachinaCraft is a framework for machines made up out of blocks, activated by right-clicking on a lever. It is modular and includes several plugins that can make repetitive tasks easier, such as digging or building in a line, even placing and clearing bodies of water. Because it is modular, other plugins can also use MachinaCraft to make their own activatable machines.

How do I build a Machina?

Similar to crafting something on a crafting table, but in the game world. Place blocks in the world in a predefined way and put a lever on the right block. Rightclick the lever, and if you built it correctly, the Machina will activate.

A demonstration please!

Plugin Showcase by WoopaGaming

Pictures! And where do I get a Machina plugin?

These are the Machina plugins available right now, included in the download:
    Collaboration
    I am looking for help in improving the framework! If you think you can help make it easier to use, more powerful, more efficient, I would like to hear from you via email or PM!

2. cool!
    that could be really usefull.

3. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

definitly using, needs permissions though, can't have people just drilling through town.

4. Offline

sammehthedragon

Why not, don't you like the idea of holes through your town randomly? =P

5. Offline

storm75x

Haha, nice... love it! XD

6. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

i've already had bad experiences with the Essentials /nuke command

7. Offline

Lyneira

Adding permission nodes for the drill (drill.activate and drill.deactivate or such) should be fairly straightforward, I'll look into that.

I'm not sure if that would be enough for servers that have worldguard protecting certain areas like towns... Hope there's a straightforward way to ask bukkit whether the player who activated it has rights to break a target block before actually breaking it.

Permissions support has been added for MachinaDrill! Both plugins have been updated to version 1.1.

On behalf of the player who activated it, MachinaDrill now also simulates block place and block break events for moving and drilling, respectively. I haven't been able to test that part yet since I do not have region protection plugins on my testing server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  8. Offline

Lyneira

I installed WorldGuard on my testing server and ran a drill into a test area that I did not have permission to build on. It would neither move into the area nor drill blocks at the edge of the area, and gave the appropriate error messages.

Should work with any protection plugin that monitors and cancels block events from players.

9. Offline

undeadmach1ne

wow this looks super awesome and full of potential. ill have to have a look at how the drill plugin works/is set up and see if i can contribute some machina of my own at some point. thanks for all your work on this i cant wait to try it out.

10. Offline

Lyneira

Version 1.2 is out! I added a new plugin called MachinaBuilder, which can be used to fill in gaps in the terrain, or build walls.

11. Offline

St3vYb0y

Really nice, I like the drill very much. Makes life easier, until we can get things like Buildcraft to work properly.

12. Offline

Lyneira

Version 1.3 is out, this one requires a CraftBukkit-1.0.0-R1 (Minecraft 1.0 in other words).

New plugin added: MachinaPump!
    It can drain or fill an area with water.
    [​IMG]

13. Offline

TheLimaBeanman

Oh wow! Diggy Diggy Hole Machine.
    Any Testing Needed? PM me. I am resting from Coding, I has free time!!

14. Offline

Lyneira

Updated to 1.4! Drills now require a chest to store their loot in.

This prevents server lag when several drills are being used at the same time.

15. Offline

Mercury

This is such a awesome work!
    Its like Technic-pack mod.

I really like this idea. More machines would be great :)

It would be interesting if MachinaBuilder could lay down rails or any other machine to build railroad.
    And what about Digger?

edit.

When two machines drive into each other clients gets crashed. No error at all. Server still runs.

edit2.

After ~45 minutes of running plugin crashed :(

When shut downing server:
    Also after crash, lever was like that:
    http://www.upload.ee/image/1890747/2011-12-14_17.09.16.png

Hope that helps :)

16. Offline

Lyneira

Hi there, glad you like MachinaCraft!

Thanks for your bug report, I'll see if I can find what's causing those problems and fix them.

Some additional questions that could help:
    • Were the two machines that ran into each other both drills?
    • I haven't been able to reproduce the problems on my own testing server which has only MachinaCraft. Is there any specific sequence of actions that can reproduce these problems or are they seemingly random?
    • If you can reliably reproduce the problem: Does it still occur if only MachinaCraft is installed on your server? Try enabling your other plugins one by one to see if one of them conflicts with MachinaCraft

17. Offline

Mercury

Well, first disconnect occured when i tried Builder machine on another builder machine.
    Second time, when first drill was stopped, second drill also stopped because the first was stuck and they collided into each other. Next i tried to move first drill with stick (rotate) and ... crash.

This plugin is cool indeed, always wanted to see something like this in done in bukkit. Done right way - without commands!

Edit

Another run for 4 hours and everything good now :)

I have few suggestions. Make Pump also drain lava :)
    Also its very hard to rotate machine. A) It wont rotate B) It will rotate rarely but only those sides which you don' need :p - Is it because of little room to make turns?

edit 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (y)

18. Offline

Lyneira

Lava drain sounds like a good idea! I'll put it on my todo list. It'll have a separate permission. Since it's lava, that means I can't use wood for the tube, so it'll probably be iron blocks then.

To your rotate question: The drill/builder will rotate in the direction you are looking when you click, unless there's an object in the way. Very rarely on trying to rotate it will only rotate to a single direction, I think I have an idea of how to solve that in the next version. You could try relogging or spinning around a bit to see if that solves the problem if you run into this.

Last but not least, thanks for your picture links, it's nice to see how the mod is being used :)

19. Offline

Mercury

Running next 12 hours and plugin crash.
    http://pastie.org/3022989
    I tried to kick myself while 2 drills were doing their job. (Do chunks get insta unloaded when player leaves?)
    http://www.upload.ee/image/1894810/2011-12-15_23.06.40.png

20. Offline

Stephen92

Just wanted to say, I love this plugin, so do the other 50 players on my server, I however only have it for donators, who love it. Please keep up the good work.

21. Offline

Lyneira

Thanks, that's useful info! Drills and builders will automatically deactivate if their player logs out to prevent unintended destruction. (A drill with 64 coal in it could run for a looong time...) When they deactivate they try to set their furnaces back to the off state. If chunks do indeed get unloaded as soon as a player logs out, that could lead to the crash you were seeing. That crash is fixed in the upcoming next version, though it may still leave the furnace in the "on" state if it happens again.

22. Offline

Mercury

Glad to be helpful :)

23. Offline

Lyneira

Version 1.5 is out!

After some more testing I was certain that chunk unloading was the problem. Version 1.5 deactivates a machina if the chunk it's in (or a neighbor chunk) is about to be unloaded.

The permission for using a water pump in the nether has changed to machinapump.nether-water.

MachinaPump now works with lava! You will have to use iron blocks instead of wooden planks, and a lava bucket for the fill mode.

[​IMG]

24. Offline

Mercury

Yeah :)

I have a question. I am using PermissionsBukkit. If I give permission machinapump.*: true and also machinapump.lava.fill: false ; Will second permission overwrite first permission '*' or not ?

25. Offline

Lyneira

machinapump.* only gives the basic functionality. (wooden blocks, water bucket, activate/deactivate stuff) I deliberately did not include the lava permissions in the '*' permission. For example, to allow players to use water and only drain lava, you would set:
    machinapump.*
    machinapump.lava.drain

The other permissions will default to ops only. If you wanted to prevent even ops from machinapump.lava.fill, you would need to set that permission to false explicitly.

26. Offline

Stephen92

I have given my donators the correct permissions nodes, and they cant activate any machine, admins can, I then resulted in giving the groups .* for the machinas, still nothing when they hit the lever it just switches right back off, im using essentials groupmanager. I love the plugin just hope we can get this sorted off.

27. Offline

tigin88

i am having the same problem as stephen92 using group manager just shuts off real quick. shh stephen don't recognize me lol.yet i demote myself and i still can activate it lol. i hope i'm not doing anything wrong.xD

28. Offline

Lyneira

Have you tried with the latest version? It should give a message if the machine shuts off due to lack of permission. If the machine shuts off without a message there's some other problem going on, like maybe an obstacle in the way. Also, what if you define the permissions explicitly without the use of .*?

29. Offline

tigin88

i did both i get nothing in-game it just flickers no obstacle in the way.btw when i dont have perms i do get a message

30. Offline

Lyneira

Version 1.6 is out! MachinaCraft.jar is now MachinaCore.jar, so be sure you delete MachinaCraft.jar when updating.

I tested with groupmanager and noticed that it interprets .* in a different way than bukkit permissions does. I added .all permission nodes that you could try if you use groupmanager, see the permissions section for each plugin for details.

Lastly: If you can see the furnace of the machina flicker and you don't get a permission error message, then it means that it activated correctly, but something caused it to deactivate on its first tick. Possible reasons are an obstacle, lack of fuel, or another plugin that cancels blockplace/blockbreak events. (worldguard etc)

If you suspect another plugin could be causing your issue, you can try removing all other plugins and adding them one by one to see which causes the problem.