Inactive [MECH] CrowdControl v0.0.3 - The creature control plugin [1.1R3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by WinSock, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Offline

WinSock

CrowdControl - The creature control plugin.
    Version 0.0.3

New Rewrite is out! Get it at:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/crowdcontrol/
    Temp Download Link Below

Yes it's back, the two plugins MobControl and CrowdControl have been merged now and I present to you on the behalf of the elBukkit team the new and improved CrowdControl! Features are still being added from both of the old plugins but i have decided that enough basic functionality is here to release it to the general public!

If you're not familiar with JSON i recommend this online editor:
    http://jsoneditoronline.org/

Todo/Issues

Download

Source

Milestones

Full Changelog

11RJB and NathanWolf like this.
  2. Offline

bill45

I'm guessing from what I can tell looking at it, that it means that you can make things spawn from different things easier and also have something more than CreatureSpawn event for if statements and so on. Just guessing though.

3. Offline

WinSock

@Everyone, This plugin release cycle is stalled waiting for a pull request and waiting for the new RB build.

4. Offline

NathanWolf

I love this idea :)

@WinSock, I'm afraid you'll have to link to CB for that, though. What you want is CraftSheep.setColor().

5. Offline

scout109

I love how nothing is spawning now and how there is not a single tutorial for this and the commands are hard to understand.

6. Offline

WinSock

You're right, I have made it easier already in a new update but the update is being held back until the new RB gets released.

Hello again, i edited the wiki for my plugin to try to make it easier while we all wait for the next RB.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  7. Offline

scout109

Can you edit the wiki to give a example of how to add a monster to spawn? thanks

8. Offline

WinSock

Ok i put an example command, Don't worry the next update that is basically completed waiting on the next RB will simplify the set command a TON.

9. Offline

bill45

It already tells you how to enable a certain monster to spawn. You have to use the set command; "/crowd set"typing that in game will show you what you need for that command.

edit: Oh I was beaten to the punch on answering that.

10. Offline

scout109

lol okay

11. Offline

WinSock

Next release is ready, just waiting for @EvilSeph and the whole @Bukkit team to determine RB Candidate 907 stable.

12. Offline

Spycoclown

Will it be posible to set a spawn point only for cows? i would be great for animal farms

13. Offline

WinSock

Yep, i have that in my plugin for next update where you specify a polygonal region where that mob type can spawn, see above for delay reason.

14. Offline

Spycoclown

thats great, no problem i can wait

15. Offline

WinSock

Release v 0.26 Updated the command page for the new style of "/set"

ugh, never again am i programming while tired, 0.26.01 released hopefully b4 anyone tried 0.26 :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

morizuki

Code:
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [INFO] CrowdControl v0.26.01 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE] [CrowdControl]The database name can not contain: /, \, or .db
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at com.alta189.sqlLibrary.SQLite.sqlCore.checkTable(sqlCore.java:82)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at com.elBukkit.bukkit.plugins.crowd.RuleHandler.<init>(RuleHandler.java:38)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at com.elBukkit.bukkit.plugins.crowd.CrowdControlPlugin.onEnable(CrowdControlPlugin.java:141)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:750)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:253)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:134)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:112)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-25 00:37:09 [INFO] CrowdControl v0.26.01 is disabled!
    still having issue :(

17. Offline

WinSock

I have a theory, list the other plugins you use.

18. Offline

morizuki

wait..

EDIT:

Oh.. It fixed with your new Version..

19. Offline

WinSock

What?

Version 0.26.02
    @morizuki Try 0.26.02
    @alta189 i had to move your lib into my own class path, I modified it and my plugin for some reason was using another version from another plugin.

20. Offline

morizuki

i've tried and no error found when I start my server...... but.. as soon I walk out.. and then just died unknown.. then this error came up..

Code:
    2011-06-25 01:01:30 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CREATURE_SPAWN to CrowdControl
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.event.entity.CreatureSpawnEvent.getSpawnReason()Lorg/bukkit/event/entity/CreatureSpawnEvent$SpawnReason;
        at com.elBukkit.plugins.crowd.CrowdEntityListener.onCreatureSpawn(CrowdEntityListener.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$54.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:619)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callCreatureSpawnEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:228)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.addEntity(World.java:786)
        at net.minecraft.server.SpawnerCreature.spawnEntities(SourceFile:155)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1552)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:391)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    it keep getting that error then it crash..

21. Offline

alta189

You should use the new version... It has tons of fixes, plus you do not have to change the class path

22. Offline

WinSock

Update to the latest RB. You're using an old version of CraftBukkit

I didn't like how i couldn't use the extension ".db" with it, What is the rationale behind that? And your newer versions don't remove that.

23. Offline

alta189

It does add the .db... it just does it in the library

24. Offline

WinSock

No it doesn't, line 54 sqlCore.java
    Code:
    File SQLFile = new File(dbFolder.getAbsolutePath() + "/" + dbName);

Recomended change,
    Code:
    File SQLFile = new File(dbFolder.getAbsolutePath() + System.getProperty("path.separator") + dbName + ".db");

25. Offline

alta189

If you are going to use my lib, their are only to things I ask, that you keep it in my class path, so that if you are open source that people can see that I was the one wrote it, also that you give me credit for it in your plugin. Its not much to ask for, as I am constantly trying to update and fix it...

It adds it in the DatabaseHandler.java
    EDIT and I use File.separator in the newest version

26. Offline

WinSock

I'm giving you full credit, It's just i cannot have it in your class path if some other plugin uses an unmodified version...

I just re downloaded it with the link on top of your thread. That is what i got.

27. Offline

alta189

What? My version has MySQL and SQLite support
    And it works for everyone else. It automatically adds the .db

28. Offline

scout109

Okay I still dont understand how to set commands and the one example doesnt have the values now so I am lost
    :(
    *also am I missing something? This is a very complex plugin with only 1 page of wiki....

*I would be using this plugin if it were not so hard to use. You have a page of commands but giving us no idea on how to execute them correctly

*I tried putting spiders in with spawn rules and stuff but I failed at doing that

*Have you yet to make it easier like you said you would?

29. Offline

WinSock

There's the instructions page. It gives example commands.

30. Offline

scout109

It gives 3 commands.... care to explain all the sub commands and how to properly execute them and how to properly set mob settings and values? You may know all the commands by heart but I dont and my server is stuck with all the mobs off till I figure this out. Yes spawning pigs and passive mobs is easy but I fail to set any extra values and what do I do to remove things I set?

* Here let me show you some confusion

Here is a setting that I can use NatureDay now how do I put this in with /crowd set? I tried /crowd set SkyWorld SPIDER Agressive Agressive 5 0 60 10 false 0.5 true and that failed. No where in the wiki does it say how to do this correctly. You only giving me bits and peices of commands and values and I have no idea how to properly put them all together. I bet I am not even aware of some of the neat stuff this plugin can do. Like that material list? How do I stop creatures from spawning on tree leaves? How do I do this? How do I do that? This plugin would be more popular if it was easier to understand and have better usage intructions. Why when I do /crowd all I get is the list of sub commands and most of them when I put them in they do nothing or point to more sub commands that I have no idea how to set. By the way, this plugin runs with SQL or something? It doesnt tell me how to set that up either if it does.

*Also mobs dont get knocked back when receiving damage

31. Offline

WinSock

I don't know the defaults off hand, i would tell you to go to the minecraftwiki page on mobs to check but that is down. And you cannot remove in a sense, but you can always overwrite the old values. If i were to make zombies on my server for the default world i would do this:
    Code:
    /crowd set world ZOMBIE enabled true
    /crowd set world ZOMBIE CollisionDamage 4
    /crowd set world ZOMBIE BurnDay true
    /crowd set world ZOMBIE NatureDay Aggressive
    /crowd set world ZOMBIE NatureNight Aggressive
    /crowd add SpawnMaterialRule
    /crowd finish 0 world ZOMBIE WATER
    /crowd add SpawnMaterialRule
    /crowd finish 0 world ZOMBIE STATIONARY_WATER

0.26.03 only
    Code:
    /crowd add SpawnTimeRule
    /crowd finish 0 world ZOMBIE Night

Oh also
    Code:
    /crowd set world ZOMBIE health 20