[MECH] CraftBook - Redstone bridges, gates, minecarts, ICs, more [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by sk89q, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Offline

sk89q

CraftBook adds a number of original gameplay elements to Minecraft from switchable bridges to elevators to gates (including flood gates)! It also has redstone support, allowing you to wire up pumpkins and use integrated circuits!

Some cool stuff people made last year:

Features:
    • Mechanisms
      • Bridges
      • Doors *not yet ported*
      • Gates
      • Elevators
      • Cauldrons
      • Light switches
      • Readable bookshelves
      • Toggle areas (advanced toggle doors and bridges)
      • Hidden switches
      • Custom block drops
      • Apple tree drops
      • Bookshelf drops
      • MORE!
    • Redstone
      • Integrated circuits
      • Programmable logic chips
      • Redstone pumpkins
      • Redstone netherstone
      • Ammeter
      • MORE!
    • Minecart features
      • Booster blocks
      • Brake blocks
      • Reverse blocks
      • Ejector blocks
      • Chest-storage minecart transfer blocks
      • Station blocks
      • Sort blocks
      • Message announcer block
      • Minecart dispensers
      • Change minecart behavior
      • MORE!
    Download

CraftBook is being developed again, although by someone else. Get the latest downloads here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/craftbook/

[​IMG] (CraftBook is open source!)

kazeen, dragon8510, Jaein and 45 others like this.
  2. Offline

Deathfromace

3. Offline

Chadavder101

Hey guys, I absolutely love this plugin, but right now I am considering switching to Falsebook, when I update my server to 1.8. So my question: If I have a bunch of ICs on my server that are important to maintain, will switching to Falsebook make it so they don't work? If so, can I fix it without going to each individual sign and triggering it again?
    Thanks

4. Offline

epuidokas

Spoke with wizjany in irc and he said CraftBook is not taking any pull requests as it is no longer under development. sk89q, can you confirm?

If true, could you please update the first post and the github readme?

Now I just have to figure out if I should continue my fork, or start migrating to some CraftBook alternative.

5. Offline

Kamilio

Lookup "FalseBook". The dude is basically continuing where CraftBook left off. Not as much features, but atleast it's updated.

6. Offline

epuidokas

I need the ability to add my own features/changes. FalseBook doesn't appear to be open source which is a deal breaker for me.

7. Offline

Mercury

I like the new IC in falsebook.

8. Offline

lordkalem

can you make this in one of your develipmont builds use ironbars for the gates. that would just be amazing. or if anyone knows how to can you tell me how to change it myself.

9. Offline

jaydenjb97

does this work with 1.8?

10. Offline

Sander Simonsen

NEED TO BE UPDATED !!

11. Offline

Nister

DON'T WORK WITH NEW WORLDEDIT UPDATE THIS AWESOME PLUGIN-CRAFTBOOK!

12. Offline

Sayomie

Is it possible to and if so how do i change the block that is used for the toggable glowstone. If that is not possible how would i go about disabling glass being turned into glowstone when powered. In my opinion glass is a bad block becasue it is often used in redstone as a block that you can walk on but does not disrupt a redstone circut.

Thx

13. Offline

AuZor

There's much of this which doesn't work. For example my soul sand. It worked at first, but then it didn't affect anything. Station block doesn't do anything at all.

14. Offline

VoidFusion

Wish I could customize my CraftBook again, guess somebody took that out too...

15. Offline

FoXeR

Hallo,
    i don't now what i doing wrong, the only funtion from falsbook or craftbook that i can use, is the Pumpkin light. All other things doing nothing. Can you help me.
    I have Worldedit 4.7, MC 1.81, Bukitt 1185 or 1317, craftbook an falsbook the last build.
    Ps.: Sry for my bad english

16. Offline

Redstorm3265

@sk89q
    what exact node is it to allow the making of bridges and gates?

17. Offline

TEM Vogelwurst

is this plugin version compatible with build 1185 ?

18. Please read the post.... "Development has stalled, but the plugin is still usable. For more information, see this post and the subsequent posts. Permissions and other 3rd-party support is fully powered by WorldEdit, so as long as you update WorldEdit, CraftBook supports the latest permissions debacle." So yes this plugin is up to the latest version.

19. Uhh will this plugin this work :p....... Cause when I start the server up it shows no problems but when I turn it off it has sooo many problems lawlz....[creeper] hmm I guess it will work testing when I'm back from high school (p.s. If you want to know how I am typing from school I'm using my cellphone :)"

Attached Files:

20. Offline

SakabaShogun

Maybe i'm just a derping dumbass
    but whenever i try to use /savearea, in chat it says "/savearea"
    the tutorial i watched got a message about how the area was saved...
    also, i'm OP on the server, and have all permissions.

21. Offline

SNSD_AjumNy

http://craftbook.sk89q.com/wiki/Redstone_glowstone i'm sure you will be able to understand if not go to your config.yml in the craftbook curcuit folder and put in "redstone-glowstone: false" it tooked me 20 mins of research to finally find how to disable it

22. Offline

JordD04

Can u make the gates work with iron bars as well please? thx

23. Offline

Kaosvf

Hi,
    how can I limit the bridges lenght? which is the configuration file?
    Regards.

24. Offline

Tanite

I heard that too:

25. Offline

ScottSpittle

Why is there no Config?

26. Offline

Keetveter

Does CraftBook work with Bukkit #1337?

27. Offline

brown34

i cant use with permissions plugin ?

28. Offline

andune

If you are having a problem with Craftbook working with permissions in recent versions, here's something you can try. I noticed when Craftbook was starting up that it wasn't detecting PEX (my permissions system of choice). You can see this in the server.log line:

"CraftBookMechanisms: Using the Bukkit Permissions API."

I also noticed other WEPIF-enabled plugins were printing the same (WorldEdit, CommandBook), but when PEX itself loaded, they responded to the event by switching to PEX (although for some reason, CraftBookMechanisms does not). So I resolved the situation by editing the plugin.yml in CraftBookMechanisms and adding the lines:

softdepend:
    - PermissionsEx

This tells Bukkit to load PEX before loading CraftBookMechanisms, and after doing this, CraftBookMechanisms correctly found PEX on load and my sign permissions are working again.

tombik likes this.
  29. Offline

Maxieboy95

the door doesnt work, it worked in older versions. but now it lets the server crash!

30. Offline

onitrix3

I found a bug,

When you create a gate , and you destroy a fence of it then close it then open it fence will be back so you have unlimited fence's :S

31. Offline

PhoenixStar117

Doe's anyone know the gate plugin that needs a sign next to it saying [gate], that you can right click on to open/close?!?!?!