Inactive [MECH] ControllerBlock -Remade- v1.50 Toggle Blocks on/off with Redstone [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zero9195, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Zero9195

ControllerBlock
    Toggle blocks on and off with redstone​
    Original Created by @Hell_Fire

Moved to BukkitDev

Download: v1.50(Jar) Latest Version: here.
    Old Versions: v1.41(Jar) ,v1.40(Jar),v1.30(Jar),v1.21(Jar),v1.20(Jar),v1.18(Jar)
    I didn't have any Problems while testing with CB1185. Please backup your Files! Just to be sure.

Before updating to this, a BackUp of your Files is recommended. I can't promise everything works fine.
    Iron blocks can be turned into controller blocks. Drop the block down, drop a redstone wire or torch on top, switch to the type of block you want to toggle and smack the iron block with it. (Can remove redstone on top after it's been set as a ControllerBlock).

Place those blocks down where you want them to be, you can work from multiple piles of it, where it is in the inventory doesn't matter, as long as you place the block of that type.

Once you're done placing blocks, wack the iron block again and it'll save the block locations and ready to go. Power the block they'll disappear, remove the power and they'll appear again. Invert the control with a redstone torch on top of the block. To remove the binding, just remove the block.

I will test this on my local Server and run it on my own Server. Link is in the Signature.
    A smallish howto of how to make blocks, and change between types. by Hell_Fire.

And a Tutorial of how to build a auto-repairing Spleef Arena @Omen (He used Snow_Blocks as unprotected ControllerBlockType. Standard is Diamondblock).

Another one from @Omen which shows us how to use the CBlock-moving feature (v1.41)!

Features:
    • Redstone toggleable blocks
    Original Download by Hell_Fire (v1.18):
    Download ControllerBlock (recommend using the recommended build of craftbukkit here, previous version available below in the changelog, tested up to 733).
    NOTE: IN 1.07 CREATING CONTROLLERBLOCKS CHANGED, YOU NEED TO PUT A REDSTONE TORCH OR WIRE ON TOP OF THE BLOCK BEFORE YOU LEFT CLICK ON THE BLOCK TO CREATE. (Yes, enough people have missed this change to warrant the large bold text :p)

Source available on GitHub!

Some builds done with ControllerBlock:
    Treasure Quest 3 (dungeon game inside MineCraft) (by neoguy21)
    Xtreme HowTo controller blocks (by mrgreaper)
    :getout: frog animation (by Gorbachev, sup goons :V)
    gravity mob trap (by Arolathe)
    hidden staircase/entrance (by narrowtux)

And a couple by Hell_Fire:
    Real simple on/off example/howto
    Item elevator
    Portcullis/castle gate build/howto (long >.<)

Known Issues:
    - Duplication Bug with Sand/Torches/Gravel (Right now not solvable due to Bukkit failing in BlockPhysics)
    - Occasionally block hits/places/destroys don't register.
    - Liquids being directly controlled don't work properly. (Anyone still has this problem?)
    ChangeLog
    • v1.50
      • Added support for CrativeMode!
        • If you want to destroy a CBlock in CreativeMode, simply destroy it with anything that is not a block.
        • For creating them simply do as you always do.
      • Added "/cblock reload" for reloading the config. Works for OPs and from the console only.
      • Minor Bugfixes
    • v1.41
      • Fixed a Duplication Bug with the new moving feature.
    • v1.40
      • added the function to move CBlocks
        • Left-Click the CBlock you want to move with a Stick.
        • Right-Click the new CBlock where you want to move it to with a Stick.
    • v1.30
      • added UnprotectedBlocks
        • New part in the config (you maybe need to delete the old config)
        • Add Blocks there so they can be used with Semi Protected and Unprotected Controllerblocks.
        • Also, these Blocks can be pushed by Pistons in every ControllerBlock
    • v1.21
      • PistonProtection is now a config option.
    • v1.20
      • Pistons can't move CBlocks nor controlled blocks any more.
    • v1.18
      • Unmodified Version by Hell_Fire

First Update is out.
    Controllerblocks won't be pulled or pushed by Pistons anymore.
    If you have any ideas for features or know some other Bugs please report them to me!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
    sinkir, Khorn and EarlyLegend like this.
  2. Offline

Zero9195

Wow, thats awesome! Thank YOU for this Video ;)

3. Offline

Omen

cool, now all thats left is the duplication bug. Maybe you can kill the physics of the controlled block (make it float) or if the physics change, remove it from the controller block.

4. Offline

Zero9195

Actually it should already do this, but something seems screwed up.I will kill that bug til weekend ;)

5. Offline

Zero9195

NO NEED FOR NEW DOWNLOAD

The newest version should work with 1185. But there seems to be bug near bedrocklevel, at least one of my members seems to have a problem there. If you could provide me with more information I will take a look at that ;)

6. Offline

bluehasia

love this plugin!

also used it to create a light switched...just made it so the torches were effected by the controller block :)

7. Offline

sidthesloth

permissions??

8. Offline

Silvo

why?

9. Offline

Zero9195

@sidthesloth
    Wow, best post ever *hand cookie... NOT*
    @Silvo
    Thanks xD

I think there is permissions supoort, but noone knows it (not even I knew it... I don't even really know yet).

10. Offline

BladedAssassin

Hey How DO U Save

11. Offline

Zero9195

This is nearly as good as
    but to answer your Question: What do you mean by saving? That the Controllerblocks will work after a restart? It does that automatically :)

12. Offline

EarlyLegend

What do you need permissions for? I suppose you could have an admin node to edit/destroy others CBs, but not really. This plugin is cool as it is :)

13. Offline

smackman17

wat material is unprotected controllerblock?

14. Offline

Zero9195

Same opinion as @EarlyLegend

@smackman17
    You can confgure it in your config.yml. Default is DiamondBlock

15. Offline

Omen

any luck with the duplication bug?

16. Offline

Zero9195

@Omen
    No, not really. From just checking the code it should work properly. Could you do ma favor and test the duplication bug while setting the physics protection to "remove" instead of "protect". If that works, something is broken in bukkit rather than in Controllerblock.

17. Offline

mazejaker

It may have been asked before, but HOW do I unprotect Snow to use on my Spleef arena? I have added it to the Unprotected list, also I have added me and my friend's name to the admin list, but I think neither of these changes have come to effect... In the unprotected/admin list, are the # symbols supposed to be in front of items/names?

18. Offline

t2wave

The # represents commented out lines, meaning the plugins will ignore lines beginning with #. So no, you do not want # before the item names/numbers.

19. Offline

Omen

@Zero9195
    I still get the same results. They still reappear even when set to remove.

20. Offline

Zero9195

@Omen
    Thanks for testing. This means I need to think of another way to prevent the physics. Maybe I missed a change in the event or something like this. It will take me some time, school and such is killing my spare time this year -_-

21. Offline

Silvo

Take is easy. You've done great things so far. Thumbs up!

22. Offline

mazejaker

I had removed the Hash, that's why I was asking, but still no worky...

23. Offline

JesterB

They're listed in the controllerblock.ini configuration file:

# Nijikokun Permissions support
    # The nodes for permissions are:
    # controllerblock.admin - user isn't restricted by block counts or distance, able to
    # create/modify/destroy other users controllerblocks
    # controllerblock.create - user is allowed to setup controllerblocks
    # controllerblock.modifyOther - user is allowed to modify other users controllerblocks
    # controllerblock.destroyOther - user is allowed to destroy other users controllerblocks

This might be good info for the OP, seeing as permission nodes are handy to know :)

Note that these are Permissions 3 nodes -- though it should work with compatible newer plugins.

24. Offline

flarnot

i did exactly what he did in the spleef video but when i got up to the bit when i had to hit the snow block with redstone ontop of it nothing happened

25. Offline

Zero9195

@flarnot
    As I wrote next t the video "Omen uses Diamondblocks as unprotectedControllerblockType. Default is DIAMOND_BLOCK" so you need to create a CBlock with a Diamondblock as Controller. So instead of hitting a Snow block with snowblocks you hit a diamondblock with snowblocks :D

26. Offline

sorklin

Are you going to put this onto dev.bukkit.org (so we can use bukkituptodate)?

27. Offline

Zero9195

I thought about adding it there, and I will do so sometime soon. But I really don't have time to do big things like that. i need to focus on school right now. Maybe I do it this weekend, maybe not. but I will do it definitly!

28. Offline

Omen

as zero said,
    in my config, i made SNOW_BLOCK my unprotectedControllerblockType. i also added SNOW_BLOCK to the bottom of the config as an unprotected block type.

i did this because it keeps other people from duplicating valuable blocks and ores.

29. Offline

Kemonomimi

Is there any way to make this functional on creative servers? Creating the ControllerBlock seems impossible with creative toggled on.

30. Offline

Omen

I have a new request on top of the anti-dupe bug.

Can you make it so if you are in creative mode, you cannot destroy controllerblocks (redstone on top) with a single hit?

Soooo many times I've set up controlled blocks only to come back to finish editing, hit the block and destroyed it LOL. Only way to break it would be with a pick axe or only with tools or something. If this is not do-able then i understand. LWC pulled it off somehow.

31. Offline

flarnot

oh thanks

If u right click it wont destroy the block but if u left click it will

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016