[MECH] CapeMe v0.3 - Wear a cape like Notch and change the title over your head [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MineDev, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Offline

MineDev

CapeMe - Wear a cape like Notch and change the tile over your head
    Version: 0.3
    Static Jar: CapeMe.jar
    Author: Created by @alta189 of the MineDev Team.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: We are currently working on fixing Cape Me. Some (excuse my language, but I am outraged) jackass hacked the database that we store our information :( We will have a fix out soon. A message to whoever did this: I know that Cape Me database was insecure(I advised users to not use their normal passwords), I did not have an idea on how to do it. Honestly I hoped that all people on Bukkit were good people, but you have proved me wrong. I had thought to myself that no one would be a asshole.

Note: For more functionality, check out our other plugin Player Editor

Ever wanted to wear a cape/cloak like all Mojang AB employes get to. Well now you can. Your cape is synced across all server that use CapeMe. The cape that you use is hosted on MineDev's web servers so that you have a similar system to that of the skins. You can also change the title above your head by adding a prefix and changing the colors. You might be thinking to yourself, how is this possible. This plugin is made possible by the plugin BukkitContrib and its corresponding client mod made by @Afforess. CapeMe will not work without BukkitContrib plugin, you HAVE to have it. You will get an error with out it. However all of your users do not have to have the client mod. They just have to have it if they want to see/have capes. It is important to know that the server using this has to be connected to the internet as this plugin interacts with the MineDev database.

Features:
    • Change your cape
    • Change your title by adding prefix and colors
    Planned Features:
    • Permissions support
    • Allow servers to override the title changing using permissions
    Known Bugs:
    • Cannot see your own cape - Waiting for BukkitContrib 0.0.5
    Instructions for Setup: How to get a cape...
    We have created our own forum to post help and so you can share your cape designs. A big reason that we created the forum is because a secret plugin that we are working on will have addons that you will be able to get from the forum. You can find the forum at MineDev Forum. Please be aware that we have not had much time to finish setting up the forum and that we will continue setting it up as time allows. The rules of the forum are the same as Bukkit's rules.​

Commands:
    • /capeme register <password> - Registers your minecraft account with MineDev's Cape Me Database
    • /capeme title - Shows the help on configuring your player title
    • /capeme help - Shows help message
    Who is MineDev?
    MineDev is a new Plugin Development team. It is made up by:
    • @alta189 - Lead Plugin Developer and Founder
    • @iPhysX - Lead Forum Administrator, Plugin Developer, and Founder
    • @cronikkk - Plugin Developer and Administrator
    • @adamki11s - Plugin Developer and Administrator
    • @WhosDaMan - Community Moderator
    Changelog:
    Version 0.3
    • Public Release

phondeux, kahlilnc, Adondriel and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

alta189

Correct... I am having a few issues with loading of the data and passing it to BukkitContrib :D

3. Offline

Muyloco1

First of all, I thank you for what you all are doing by creating these plugins. I understand you guys do this in your own time, and you aren't getting paid. I will have to agree with Taemera TO AN EXTENT. I agree that some promises were made and broken, and I also understand bugs are found. I think that Taemera had some rage, which is understandable, but not necessary. I know this argument has ended, but I just wanted to share.

4. Offline

Brody Romhanyi

is the player editor out yet? to change names above head? Because i am makeing a series on youtube and i need people to change there name to be characters (sending comment again cuz not sure if first one went through)

5. Offline

Shooty

@alta189 Simply, the plugins don't works after a reboot...but after tree other reboots works, and other reboot ... stop works...

6. Offline

alta189

OK, I am not going to start with this again, BUT you need to understand I have NO obligation to make anything for anyone. I am not paid to do this. I do this for the community and for fun. here is one promise, if you people keep complaining that I cannot get Player Editor out, then it will NEVER come out. This arguement is over. ChrisC told Taemera to stop. I try my hardest to get things out, infact I have only slept 2 hours in the last 3 days trying to fix it.

EDIT: I am stuck on bugs like it telling me that "nothing" doesnt equal "nothing"

I am trying to fix Player Editor, be Patient

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
    seriosbrad likes this.
  7. Offline

Muyloco1

yes...like i said in my first post I said I understand all those things and thank you for it.

8. Offline

Mhalkyer

Take your time and keep up the great work. We'll wait patiently =)

9. Offline

alta189

What I am saying is that we had put the Taemera issue behind, when ChrisC told him to leave the thread... There was no reason for you to rehash it

10. Offline

Muyloco1

Well only 2 sentences from your other post had you saying that. the majority of it was about how you are under appreciated and how hard you are working. Like I said before, I understand that. What I was trying to say was that giving many release dates that didn't come true wasn't the best thing to do, because a lot of us kept believing you. Once again I understand that you kept finding bugs. I suggest giving a release date after you've worked out all the kinks. I am not enraged, I am just trying to give constructive criticism. please don't take this the wrong way. And once again, thank you for taking your time to do this.

11. Offline

SkInMaSkInE

i cant setup the thing to use /capeme title

12. Offline

Shooty

13. Offline

alta189

I cannot recreate this issue, it constantly works for me

/capeme title - Returns instructions for setting up the title

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

SkInMaSkInE

yes but when i set it up and done it my friends are saying that the name is the same why?

EDIT: my normal name actually

15. Offline

alta189

Did you set both colors and the prefix, and do your friends have the BukkitContrib client mod?

16. Offline

SkInMaSkInE

idk with client mod but they have BukkitContrib and yes i set both colors and prefix

17. Offline

alta189

BukkitContrib is the client mod, they need it to see the title

18. Offline

SkInMaSkInE

oh okay

do they need BukkitContrib to see my cape too?

19. Offline

alta189

As it states in the OP you have to have BukkitContrib to see the cape or title

20. Offline

SkInMaSkInE

so others can see my cape without having bukkitcontrib?
    i dont really understand

21. Offline

alta189

You cannot see the cape or the title with out bukkitcontrib

22. Offline

MineDev

Hey guys, Player Editor is out :D It was a long hard battle against bugs, but it should be worth it in the end. :D
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...-players-skins-capes-and-title-766-928.22951/

23. Offline

Muyloco1

24. Offline

MineDev

Your welcome

25. Offline

Chasingu

Awesome idea, but the fact that people have to tell you what cape you want is not very practical. Imagine when this plugin gets popular, you don't want to have to sit around all night making these people special tables in a database with their cape thing. Something like a form with a upload image for the cape would be much easier.

26. Offline

MineDev

What are you talking about? I am confused... Cape Me already has 1,738 downloads

27. I just saw that the capeme database got hacked. I didn't use my main password but you did store the passwords as 1 way hashes (SHA or MD5)? :eek:

28. Offline

ferrousphantom

any place i can download capes?

29. Offline

fragen

It really looks awesome, will we ever get an update to 928?

30. Offline

Liger_XT5

Minecraftwiki.net, search Capes, click images, download/save the oh so tiny cape image, your are set, you can even use the image as a template to make your own.

31. Offline

alta189

The database is down, this is being worked on patient