[MECH] Cabinet v1.7.1 - Get rid of arbitrary chest restrictions [1597]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MiracleM4n, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Offline

MiracleM4n

Version: 1.7.1 (Versioning = MC Version 1.7 Release 1)

Features:
    • Open any chest, any time!
    • Stack chests on top of each other (while still being able to use them!)
    • LWC, Lockette.... support. -Fixed For Sure Now.
    • Place chests beside double chests.
    • Permissions node "cabinet.adjchest" for ability to place adjacent chests.
    • Permissions node "cabinet.covered" for ability to open covered chests.
    • Permissions node "cabinet.abovechest" for ability to place covered chests.
    Download
    Source

Other Stuff:
    [​IMG] Please donate to help support me :D

It's pretty simple :) Solid blocks on top of chests (including chests on top of chests) no longer restrict you from opening the chests underneath. This works with both large and small chests, it opens chests in the same way the game does (mainly in regards to large chests, which chest is "top" in the inventory screen). For adjacent chests although it gets a little glitchy in the inventory window test it out and you'll see. -Fixed Thanks Afforess!!

Many thanks to Edward Hand, he gave the code that actually opens the inventory screen.

To-Do:
    • Suggest something?
    Changelog:
    Version 1.7.1
    • Updated to superperms, Added Permissions 2/3 redundancy and added GroupManager support.
    Old ChangeLogs (open)

Version 1.5.2
    • Added Permissions node for placing chests that this mod allows you to open.
    Version 1.5.1
    • Added Permissions node to open covered chests.
    • Changed versioning.
    Version 1.3
    • Remove Colors class and cleaned a bit of code.
    Version 1.2
    • Fixed spam of no permissions error.
    Version 1.1
    • Fixed UI. (Thanks Afforess!!!)
    • Made it so that chests over 3 long are all double chests
    Version 1.0
    • Yes I did skip 0.9 that is because this release is the first actual release of the plugin as I see it to be. (Unless people ask for more features)
    • Readded the Adjacent Chests feature.(Fixed crashing of MC error)
    • So I then readded the permissions node cabinet.adjchest
    • Still has LWC, Lockette,.... support.
    Version 0.8
    • Fixed LWC, Lockette,... support... I hope for good.
    Version 0.7
    • Removed Adjacent Chests part until I can fix it (No permissions node anymore) and added LWC, Lockette,... support.
    Version 0.6
    • Added permission node cabinet.adjchest so only mods can add adjacent (Glitchy) chests.
    Version 0.5
    • Now supports chests beside double chests.
    Version 0.4
    • Updated to latest RB.
    • Fixed errors.

Lextao, Kain888, woodzy and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

MiracleM4n

No. I will be adding support for superperms and GM.

3. Offline

WaferMouse

Seems to work with SuperpermsBridge just fine for the moment.

4. Offline

MiracleM4n

@WaferMouse I Will be updating it for superperms after work tonight

5. Offline

mrvertigo27

so is superperms now working?
    i know you ha said "tonight after work" but i see no acknowledgement or announcement on the first post.

just wondering

6. Offline

MiracleM4n

Sorry Extremely busy. I will now upload it and update the post.....

*Updated*

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  7. Offline

MiracleM4n

Could everyone please tell me what they would like to see implemented in Cabinet. I have been really busy IRL with lots of family related issues. I would like to know what is absolutely needed and what is wanted before I can/will make an official release. I will try to implement anything everyone says please try to respond by tomorrow (Sept 7) or early on the 8th as I have the 8th off and will be doing a lot of programming to catch up and hopefully fix/implement everything that people would like as I dont know how much time later this week/month I will have. Also post on any of my other plugin thread if you would like something added or implemented on there.

EDIT: If at all possible (Would make my life 100x easier) if you could post the issues/features on the repsective project on my GitHub ( http://github.com/MiracleM4n ) Thanks in advance.

8. Offline

darkcloud784

I would like to see this updated for 1.8 =P

9. Offline

MiracleM4n

@darkcloud784 Is it not working with 1.8? If it is than I will make more code improvements for when the CB comes out. If not I will look into fixing it now.

10. Offline

darkcloud784

It "works" but chests placed side by side seem to disappear. Chests placed on top of eachother work excellently though.

I'm using Bukkit build 1149

11. Offline

MiracleM4n

@darkcloud784 Ill take a look into this when I get off work thanks for reporting this problem

12. Offline

lachy2901

This seems like a really cool plugin! Great job!

13. Offline

Matt Burchett

I am seeing a problem similar to darkcloud's... maybe what he means... The chests DO disappear, but they're still there when you click on the open space. But the texture is turned sideways, I just figured it was a texture pack issue, but it does it on default too.

It only does it if I have a chest stacked on top or another block covering the top of the chest... They just disappear completely next to each other.
    Here is a example of the glitch.
    http://themattbeballin.doesntexist.com/files/minecraft/image/2011-09-19_18.17.37.png

Using build 1149, Cabinet 1.7.1.

14. Offline

MiracleM4n

@darkcloud784 @Matt Burchett Chest's graphics are client sided. If you would like them to not disappear bug Jeb or Notch to make them server sided. Are they still functional when invisible? (I assume so after your post Matt Burchett)

@Twizler09 Just because its your first day on Bukkit I wont cut you any slack. I have a life if you want help/support/updates dont be an ass. (Been a long day...sorry if I come off as rude, there are just too many people who dont seem to care about the fact that we are working for free)

15. Offline

Matt Burchett

@MiracleM4n Yeah, they're functional when invisible. I just figured they were a Cabinet bug being that it only does it when its cabinet related.

EDIT (2011-09-21): @MiracleM4n was right, it was a problem with Bukkit... seems to be fixed on build 1168. Changelog says that there has been a fix to chests.

16. in latset bukkit (1185) adjunced chest next to double chest will disappear, but remain functional. if you dont want this to happen just use permissions version and only allow .covered and .abovechest. still looks weird with new animation but i blame notch for that :p
    good plugin, keep it up!

17. Offline

Sekky

Hi MiracleM4n,

It seems that this plugin no longer works with LWC. When you try to open a chest above a chest, it says "This Private Air is locked by you". I would appreciate if you would look into this. I can post more information if you need it.

Thanks,
    Sekky

18. Offline

diamaunt

so, basically, you're just an ass, as accused.

19. Offline

Buckethead

Deadbolt support?

20. Offline

Lextao

Please update it to work with LWC 3.53 and #1337 :(

21. Offline

MCTSS

@MiracleM4n

Can you add the ability to type something like /chidden {block id}
    and it makes a chest in front of you that is that block id
    Like /chidden 5
    makes wooden plank block
    but when you right click it
    it opens a chest!

Lockette Support would be Sick!

22. Offline

Komiak

Do you plan on updating this, or at least just the open covered chests part? The server play on could really use covered chests that are openable. thanks

23. Offline

Avous

@MiracleM4n

do you plan to add this to BukkitDev? (Curiosity)

24. Offline

Kain888

Hey. Seems that it doesn't work in the newest RB. :<

25. Offline

HockeyMike24

Update this please. :)

26. Offline

milg8

on startup i get the following error, anyway you can fix this?

Code:
    2011-12-26 01:02:11 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Cabinet v1.0.1 (Is it up to date?): Found interface org.bukkit.command.ConsoleCommandSender, but class was expected
    java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.bukkit.command.ConsoleCommandSender, but class was expected
        at com.mjmr89.Cabinet.Cabinet.log(Cabinet.java:92)
        at com.mjmr89.Cabinet.Cabinet.setupPermissions(Cabinet.java:72)
        at com.mjmr89.Cabinet.Cabinet.onEnable(Cabinet.java:51)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:188)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:968)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:186)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:169)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:348)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:165)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

27. Offline

Zombiemold

Getting the same thing. as above ^

28. Offline

JarHead95

Hey, along with the update, could you possibly make it where trapdoors can be placed on the front of the chests. i place these on normal "counters" or iron blocks and it makes it look like a cabinet. I don't know how hard that would be but it would be awesome to have a literal cabinet!

29. Offline

HockeyMike24

I couldn't find the download for this in your link.

Gbagley2 likes this.
  30. Offline

Malth

Please 2 update? This is an essential plugin for my server

31. Offline

Klotzonator

Yes, please update :)