[MECH] Cabinet v1.7.1 - Get rid of arbitrary chest restrictions [1597]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MiracleM4n, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Offline

MiracleM4n

Version: 1.7.1 (Versioning = MC Version 1.7 Release 1)

Features:
    • Open any chest, any time!
    • Stack chests on top of each other (while still being able to use them!)
    • LWC, Lockette.... support. -Fixed For Sure Now.
    • Place chests beside double chests.
    • Permissions node "cabinet.adjchest" for ability to place adjacent chests.
    • Permissions node "cabinet.covered" for ability to open covered chests.
    • Permissions node "cabinet.abovechest" for ability to place covered chests.
    Download
    Source

Other Stuff:
    [​IMG] Please donate to help support me :D

It's pretty simple :) Solid blocks on top of chests (including chests on top of chests) no longer restrict you from opening the chests underneath. This works with both large and small chests, it opens chests in the same way the game does (mainly in regards to large chests, which chest is "top" in the inventory screen). For adjacent chests although it gets a little glitchy in the inventory window test it out and you'll see. -Fixed Thanks Afforess!!

Many thanks to Edward Hand, he gave the code that actually opens the inventory screen.

To-Do:
    • Suggest something?
    Changelog:
    Version 1.7.1
    • Updated to superperms, Added Permissions 2/3 redundancy and added GroupManager support.
    Old ChangeLogs (open)

Version 1.5.2
    • Added Permissions node for placing chests that this mod allows you to open.
    Version 1.5.1
    • Added Permissions node to open covered chests.
    • Changed versioning.
    Version 1.3
    • Remove Colors class and cleaned a bit of code.
    Version 1.2
    • Fixed spam of no permissions error.
    Version 1.1
    • Fixed UI. (Thanks Afforess!!!)
    • Made it so that chests over 3 long are all double chests
    Version 1.0
    • Yes I did skip 0.9 that is because this release is the first actual release of the plugin as I see it to be. (Unless people ask for more features)
    • Readded the Adjacent Chests feature.(Fixed crashing of MC error)
    • So I then readded the permissions node cabinet.adjchest
    • Still has LWC, Lockette,.... support.
    Version 0.8
    • Fixed LWC, Lockette,... support... I hope for good.
    Version 0.7
    • Removed Adjacent Chests part until I can fix it (No permissions node anymore) and added LWC, Lockette,... support.
    Version 0.6
    • Added permission node cabinet.adjchest so only mods can add adjacent (Glitchy) chests.
    Version 0.5
    • Now supports chests beside double chests.
    Version 0.4
    • Updated to latest RB.
    • Fixed errors.

Lextao, Kain888, woodzy and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

Coelho

Interesting and useful, love the idea.

3. Offline

Nelien

Thank you! Very useful for decoration. Looking forward with anticipation the ability to place any two chests next to each other.

4. Offline

Aeron

Sounds very useful, keep up the work, could save up a lot of space and headaches while placing them, because in minecraft each cubic meter is worth, if we are speaking of small interiors :)

Cabinet plugin conflicts with Lockette: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...id-of-arbitrary-chest-restrictions-740.15125/

How it conflicts? Well any user can open the chest, if something is put on that chest.

Could you check that? Would be nice, if both of mods would be compatible, because Cabinet plugin is very usefull (can make storage racks now).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  5. Offline

Mentioum

LWC conflict makes this something the lpminecraft server cannot use even if we would like to be able to. Please stop the plugin overriding lwc. :D

6. Offline

MiracleM4n

I wiill work on this as soon as I have a chance.

I am going to need some plugin dev help on this as I dont know how to make it work nicely with block locking plugins as of yet.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

Mentioum

Im sure they will be able to implement something into your plugin. You sent the respective developers a pm?

8. Offline

MiracleM4n

Just got off work am sending now.

Ok I'm going to remove the Adjacent Chests for now as they are causing more issues than needed.

Hopefully now works with Lockette and LWC. (Tested with LWC)

Mentioum likes this.
  9. Offline

Aeron

I can access the chests with Lockette, it still overrides that plugin

EDIT: Doesn't matter weather I put something on a chest or no, chests with the signs from Lockette are accessible to everyone.

10. Offline

MiracleM4n

I only tested on a local server guess I should have tested with more people. I will try to fix today.

11. Offline

sweetswear4665

Once you add lockette support I will test it out, for now I will just bookmark it.

12. Offline

MiracleM4n

LWC and Lockette support now. Twas an error on me again.

13. Offline

Aeron

I can confirm that it works with Lockette now! Great Job! A big fat diamond for you :)

14. Offline

MiracleM4n

Thanks. Any feature requests besides adjacent chests?

Adjacent Chests done.

15. Offline

Aeron

Adjacent bugs up the UI, if you select the middle chest!

16. Offline

MiracleM4n

Yes that is a MineCraft bug. Not sure how I could fix it as Chests have no data values (Can't force it to place single chests.) -OR WAS IT :O

17. Offline

MiracleM4n

Fixed Adjacent Chests for anyone interested.

18. Offline

Terry Tibbs

Would just like to tell you that this is an essential part of the aesthetic part of our server. I thank you on behalf of the small amount of unique visitors that've played on our server.

19. Offline

MiracleM4n

20. Offline

Psycho Robot

For me, when I put a single chest next to a double chest, the single chest connects with one half of the double chest it was placed next to. So the chest in the middle can be accessed by right clicking the chest on either side. Is that supposed to happen, or am I encountering an error? If its designed to work that way, I think it would be better if you stopped the single chest from connecting and it stayed a single chest until another chest was placed on the other side. That is, of course, if that's even possible.

21. Offline

MiracleM4n

As of now this is the only way to have this feature.

22. Offline

Psycho Robot

Not ideal, but still better than not being able to put one at all. Thanks

23. Offline

MiracleM4n

Ill work on it when I can :D

24. Offline

tha d0ctor

what happens when you remove the plugin and all the chests are next to each other, doe sit change th edynamic and cause errors?

25. Offline

Taranis01

hey MiracleM4n,
    may u add permissions for ability to place cheast on top of other chests?

26. Offline

MiracleM4n

tha d0ctor: It will just cause the chests inventory screen to be glitchy again.

Taranis01: Ill work on this.

27. Offline

Taranis01

@MiracleM4n
    just wanna ask when the new permission node will be finished. cant wait to activate this plugin :)

28. Offline

MiracleM4n

As it will involve a lot of new coding. It will probably be out in a few days. Sorry for any inconvenience.

29. Offline

Taranis01

no! Just thank you for Cabinet :)

30. Offline

MiracleM4n

Ok, wasn't as hard as I thought. It will be updated soon.