Inactive [MECH] BetterSnow V1.5 - Snow that piles up - CUSTOM BLOCKS WITHOUT A CUSTOM CLIENT [1.0.0-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tster, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Tster

BetterSnow - The plugin for snow that piles up!
    Version: v1.5

This plugin piles up snow layers into blocks, to run, place the jar in your plugins folder, and run your server to generate a config file, configure and use away!
    Read more at my blog!

Video:

Copyright (open)

[*** COPYRIGHT NOTICE ***]
    This document is Copyright ©(2011) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission.

Note: I will share source code, when messaged, but decompiling this is going to get you into some deep, deep shit.
    [************************]

Features:
    • My plugin makes snow layers into blocks
    • The minimum time is configurable
    • You can choose the max height for a pile of snow
    • It has a configurable property so you can add a random amount of time on to the minimum
    • Hretsam - General help
    • Bleachisback - Helped with config
    • jimbo8 - Requested Plugin
    To do:
    • Configurable height limit - Added in V1.1
    • Redo configuration method - Added in V1.4
    • New snow system (MAJOR UPDATE)
      • Custom heights for snow (W/O CLIENT MOD!!!) - Added in V1.5
      • Snow that gets trampled down
      • Snow that regenerates
    • Your suggestion here!
    Download

Source Code - Please PM me and ask rather then going and decompiling my work, I haven't released my work as it isn't neat, if you want it, I will,

Changelog:
    Version 1.5
    • Updated to Minecraft 1.0
    Version 1.4
    • Switched to Bukkit's standard configurtion
    Earlier Versions (open)

Version 1.3
    • Renamed plugin to BetterSnow
    Version 1.2
    • Added new property so you can configure the random time added on to the lowerbound(was 10)
    Version 1.1
    • Added maximum height
    Version 1.0
    • Plugin Release

[​IMG]

2. Offline

Tster

3. Offline

Bob-Kyle

I apologise then. I assumed you were still working on it since it was still in the to-do list.

4. Offline

Tster

I apologise then. I forgot I had done it

5. Offline

legionk6

wow im 13 and i dont even know how to create .jar file so that Tster is really smart lol ;) Keep this work up dude ur good also i would like to see alot more because ur a talented lad not like me im a rugby lad so yah norr

-Also Tster will you give me the Ip to your server i would like to see you make things and help maybe?? Please Pm me Thanks xD

6. Offline

Tster

Still accepting donations xD. I am saving up for two things: A minecraft server, and a few toys for me and my little sister.
    Please donate if you can!

7. Offline

Penguinator

has this been resolved?​

8. Offline

Vanoi

I actually have a few problems with this plugin otherwise it'd be perfect.

1. Snow is forming ontop of snow stacks that aren't a full block yet so they appear to be floating.
    2. Walking over certain heights of slow will make the screen all jumpy
    3. Once it's snowed once the generation won't stop when it turns back to sunny.

9. Offline

jimbo8

Yeah, a long time ago.

Tster So, when are you going to update it? :D + I want random snow... Not just piling.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  10. Offline

Tster

soon, i'm working on another plugin though

11. Offline

winter4w

Does it work with 1.2.4

12. Offline

Tster

Hi guys, I will try to get this plugin working ASAP, meanwhile a donation would encourage me (I need 5$ and have 1.99$ in my a account -.-). Sorry to be so rude, but I will get it working, I have my exams coming up soon though.

13. Offline

RiotShielder

Any chance of a 1.2.5-R.4 update?

14. Offline

Roshannnn

Update please? I loved this mod in 1.7

15. Offline

RiotShielder

I am using it on 1.2.5 R-4.0 with no problems :p

16. Offline

FadedTactics

Hey bud my server has been watching you and your work. We usually dont do this but we are offering you a full ride to make and complete plugins for our server. You will recieve a admin rank. We have 100+ players on 24-7 and plan to keep expanding. But we couldn't do it whithout your help. If you are intrested please conatact me at --- www.fadedtactics.com or add me on----skype --- FadedTactics

17. Offline

etrubi1

^ Please. Don't ad your server here.
    Any this plugins still work in 1.2.5 R4,i hope you don't want you plugins become active

18. Offline

Thecreepernator

Does this work for 1.2.5?