Inactive [MECH/ADMN] ModDamage - Change damage mechanics on the fly!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by KoryuObihiro, May 20, 2011.

1. Offline

KoryuObihiro

ModDamage
    We've moved to BukkitDev!

2. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@Brvtvs Alright, so far as I can deduce that should work too. PM me, let's get this worked out.

@Expatcat
    Something like this:
    Code:
    Defensive:
        worldName:
            generic:
                humans:
                    - 'set.0'

Remember the paradigms. :p I know it's not intuitive.

3. Offline

Expatcat

Tried that, but I get an error when I put in the world name

4. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@Expatcat What sort of error? Can you give me more details?

@all: Brvtvs and I discovered a bug yesterday which essentially blocks PvP (getting "target" group string for "attacker" ... ;_; ). I'll be updating shortly

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  5. Offline

embty

I have been looking for this plugin for a long time http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/req-a-modified-weapon.18411/#post-323417
    but the problem is... its a bit too complicated for me :p What i was looking for is just modifying one diamond sword for one person 'person who finishs the dungoen and kills last boss" and giving it a powerful effect like chance on hit to slow target or somthing like that.

6. Offline

KoryuObihiro

I was actually thinking of a "unique item" type of plugin...I wonder if that couldn't be my next project. :p

But, anyway, if you're willing to configure groups for that person, then I suppose it's more than possible to have a powerful player/item combination - i.e., a "DragonSlayer" wielding a diamond sword gets a huge buff to his damage? IDK.

7. Offline

embty

Ya that could work for me but its too complicated lets say the winner is DEAD his group is called dragonslayer and i want a diamond sword with the awesome effect or super dmg/ and thats againnst all default players groups.
    Please give me a small tip for what should i do :p

8. Offline

KoryuObihiro

I'll think about some way to do that. It might be possible, but it'd definitely require file persistence to be cool. Plus...you can't change the tooltip for an item in the inventory (that I know of), so it'd be hard to differentiate if you wanted to make a "unique" item.

9. Offline

embty

No need to change the tooltip that would require a mod. But just a normal looking sword that has more dmg. Or maybe just putting the winner in a group that has permission for more sword dmg.

10. Offline

nsko

First: great plugin, it's fantastic! But just for clarification:

Does the config's (Offensive|Defensive).world.group.item tree have a "bow" node? If not: I want to make bows stronger for my archer group, for example. Do I apply the new damage to BOW to ARROW?

11. Offline

KoryuObihiro

I'm currently fixing bow - I need some way of deducing if an attack was long-range or not. Right now, there's a "bow" node in "item", and technically it works, the only problem is that if you fire an arrow then take out a damage-boosting item...it'll apply that item's calculation strings.

So, yes and no. If players are being fair, then it'll work just fine for you - while I can't remember if the "bow" node itself is actually working or not, you can just define a BOW material node, and that should suit your needs.

Oh, also: PvP is a bit broken because of an idiotic programming mistake - fetching the "target" group string for the attacker. ;_; I'm gonna finish armor configuration before I push these changes though, and that's almost done.

Hmm...guess I'll finish that. :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

nsko

Sounds good! :D Well no rush, I can do without the bow for now. One other question: I have several worlds, and I'd like to set default settings for all of them, is that possible? Or do I have to copy-paste settings for each world?

13. Offline

KoryuObihiro

It's an idea I've had - sort of like a "global" for your entire server?

14. Offline

nsko

I guess that means I'll be copy-pasting XD, but yes, a global node for each of the four root nodes (Offensive|Defensive|MobHealth|Scan) would make for a much cleaner config for us multiworlders :D

15. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Well, at least the more important config stuff came first, huh? Sure, it'd be fairly easy to implement server-global damage. It's on the to-do list. :)

16. Offline

nsko

Just came across what may be a bug. Here is part of my Offensive config:
    Code:
        titan:
            groups:
                member:
                    item:
                        GOLD_AXE:
                            - 'set.40'
                        GOLD_SWORD:
                            - 'set.39'
                        DIAMOND_AXE:
                            - 'set.12'
                        DIAMOND_SWORD:
                            - 'set.11'
                        IRON_AXE:
                            - 'set.9'
                        IRON_SWORD:
                            - 'set.8'
    But when I start the server, only IRON_AXE gets registered (I've tried doing different combinations, but it's always either one weapon, or none of them, that gets registered.)

This is the relevant part of the server log:

Code:
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan:member:Offensive:Skeleton[set.10]
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan:member:Offensive:Slime[set.10]
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan:member:Offensive:Spider[set.10]
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan:member:Offensive:Zombie[set.10]
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan:member:Offensive:fall[2]
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan:member:Offensive:IRON_AXE(258)
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan::memberOffensive:IRON_AXE(258) [set.9]
    20:43:54 [INFO] [ModDamage] Group "member" configuration for world "titan" initialized!
    20:43:54 [INFO] [ModDamage] Group configuration(s) for world "titan" initialized!
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan:MobHealth:Wolf [range.50.5]
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan:MobHealth:Creeper [range.40.10]
    20:43:54 [INFO] -titan:MobHealth:Skeleton [range.50.10]
    I've tried emptying out the rest of the config entirely, but that doesn't change anything.

If I remove IRON_AXE, then nothing gets registered. If I leave both GOLD_AXE and GOLD_SWORD, only GOLD_SWORD gets registered. :confused: no discernible pattern I can see.

17. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@nsko Have you actually tested these? What build are you using?

If you think it's a bug, g'head and bug it on Github. :p Heaven knows I need someplace to find these bugs later.

Also, you might find an interest in enabling "verbose" debugging - that gives everyone more information.

EDIT THE FIRST: Bug confirmed. Adding it myself. Looks like an overzealous "return" statement... ;_;

EDIT THE SECOND: @nsko Fixed. Probably was part of my problem with armor sets here. I'll upload this interim build tomorrow, as it also fixes PvP.

18. Offline

nsko

Ack, sorry, I completely forgot to mention: I'm running CB 803, with only Permissions running (to test with) -- sorry, should've mentioned). Oh! And forgot about github >.< will post future bugs there.

As for the fixes: awesome, thanks :D will look forward to it!

19. Offline

GmK

Holymoly, this is by far one of the most complex but also well documented plugins out there.

I'll take an afternoon once you have it at 1.0+ and configure the sh** out of this ;) Am very excited!

20. Offline

Atkin94

Hey, I am trying to make it so that the Admins on my server take no damage what so ever, however I cannot get it to work.

Here is the Admin section in my Permissions Group config:

Code:
        Admins:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'
    Here is the section in my Permissions User config for an Admin:

Code:
    users:
        Atkin94:
            groups:
            - Admins
    Here is the section in ModDamage for Defensive:

Code:
    Defensive:
        world:
            groups:
                Admins:
                    generic:
                        all:
                            - 'set.0'
    However when testing this I still took fall damage, why is this?

-Thanks.

21. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@Atkin94 The "all" was planned, but programmatically is unfeasible at this point. I'd forgotten to change that in the Github tutorial, so thanks for the heads up. Your current Permissions config looks okay, though it seems you're using Perms 3.0+ - I point this out because I have my doubts about ModDamage working properly with multigroup configuration for users.

Right now, you should just use all applicable generics (4 nodes), so your ModDamage config should be revised as follows:

Code:
    Defensive:
        world:
            groups:
                Admin:
                    generic:
                        humans:
                            - 'set.0'
                         mob:
                            - 'set.0'
                        animal:
                            - 'set.0'
                        nature:
                            - 'set.0'

@All: Apologies for not releasing the new MD revision yet - My laptop, which contains code I'm considering redoing at this point, has been inaccessible since Friday, and with this coming work week I don't know when I'd be able to fetch it. I've been nerdraging just a wee bit about it. ;_;

22. Offline

Atkin94

I followed your advice, I down-graded to Permissions v2.7.4. I then set up the Admin group and again added myself to the group. Then I proceeded to make the changes you suggested to the Defensive section of the ModDamage config.

Changes made:

Code:
    Defensive:
        world:
            groups:
                Admins:
                    generic:
                        animal:
                            - 'set.0'
                        item:
                            - 'set.0'
                        mob:
                            - 'set.0'
                        humans:
                            - 'set.0'
                    nature:
                        blockexplosion:
                            - 'set.0'
                        burn:
                            - 'set.0'
                        cactus:
                            - 'set.0'
                        explosion:
                            - 'set.0'
                        fall:
                            - 'set.0'
                        fire:
                            - 'set.0'
                        lava:
                            - 'set.0'
                        lightning:
                            - 'set.0'
                        suffocation:
                            - 'set.0'
    However even with all the changes I still take fall damage, do you know why?

-Thanks again.

23. Offline

KoryuObihiro

What is your console output, Bukkit version, etc.?

24. Offline

Atkin94

Bukkit Version/Build #729

In terms of console output, I think this is what you're looking for:

Code:
    15:36:58 [INFO] [ModDamage] 0.9 enabled [Permissions v2.7.4 active]
    15:36:58 [INFO] [ModDamage] Debugging active.
    15:36:58 [INFO] [ModDamage] Default damage enabled.
    15:36:58 [INFO] [ModDamage] Default health enabled.
    15:36:58 [INFO] [ModDamage] Negative-damage healing is not enabled.
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:Generic:humans[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:Generic:animal[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:Generic:item[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:Generic:mob[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:blockexplosion[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:cactus[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:explosion[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:fall[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:fire[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:burn[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:lava[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:lightning[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] -world:Admins:Defensive:suffocation[set.0]
    15:36:58 [INFO] [ModDamage] Group "Admins" configuration for world "world" initialized!
    15:36:58 [INFO] [ModDamage] Group configuration(s) for world "world" initialized!

-Thanks.

25. Offline

KoryuObihiro

There's the problem right there. Events have changed since build 729 - this was compiled for build 798.

26. Offline

Atkin94

Just updated to the latest version of Bukkit and the problem persists, does this only work with Build #798?

-Thanks.

27. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Correct - this has NOT been compiled for build 818 yet, and I'd be shocked if there weren't breaks involved between those two points. I suppose with a new RB, I might as well recode the patch I made last Friday.

Hopefully I can get this released by lunch. :x

28. Offline

Atkin94

Like I said, the problem persists so I am unsure as to whether it is on my end or not. The only thing different from my set-up on post #60 is that I am now running the latest build.

-Regards.

29. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Alright, looks like Perms 3.0+ is going to be a bigger pain to work around than I thought. I can introduce multigroup into ModDamage, but this might take some time to test and release.

30. Offline

Atkin94

You could always just compile for Build #818 and then work on the integration of Permissions v3+ later?

-Regards.

31. Offline

KoryuObihiro

I may end up doing that - I'm certainly getting my fair share of grief just making it run.