MCMMO: yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by LEOcab, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LEOcab

I've been playing MCMMO servers for the past few days and I have to say I really like it. It makes me want to play on those servers just to level up my skills. I've been thinking about adding it to my server but I want to get all the facts straight before I do that, because installing a plugin that alters the gameplay so much like this could ruin the integrity of my legit survival world. I think it would bring people to my server, and the general consensus among my players (including some of the top donors) is that I should get it.

So I'm gathering opinions from my players, and now you, the Bukkit community. What is your opinion?

2. Offline

AndyFox42

I've been running it for a long time. Players go nuts for it. I have found that players' levels have gotten wiped a few times when I was changing things, which can be a hassle. Overall, a plugin that is worth the effort to upkeep.

3. Offline

microgeek

Hells nah. I personally hate it. It gives players crazy advantages in PvP.

4. Offline

Onionbro

I've used it on my private server before. Leveling up and using the skills was always fun. I also think that the stats have a psychological affect on users. I for one was always thinking about how I wanted to log in and level up one more time.

However, when I used it (probably 1.8 beta) I did not feel like it was well balanced for someone who wants a more challenging experience. I made everything more difficult to level up.

5. Offline

Lolmewn

I like Skillz more.
    But that might be slightly subjective.

6. Offline

IdealIdeas

Its a great plugin and to even the odds of making it feel to anti-legit, you can always turn off the special abilities and even make it lower the players skill levels if they die.

On my server, I have it set so when they die their skills are decreased by 1%. I also changed the specials to have a lower cooldown time but I increased the amount of durability the tools lose from 2 to 5. So as you can imagine using the specials can quickly drain even diamond tools.

7. Offline

andrewkm

Do a bit of testing and spend a good amount of time looking into the configuration and you should be fine.

8. Offline

metalman488

It wouldn't ruin your server's survival, but it does take up a lot of space. If you have the room, go for it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.