[McMMO] Guild idea (need help!)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by matt99881, Feb 8, 2012.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes!

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

matt99881

I was thinking of making areas called guilds on my server that has McMMO, and what I need help with is:

How do I make a little plugin/script that will check a player's skill level in woodcutting, fishing, etc., and if their level is high enough, they are allowed entry, and if there skill is too low, they will not be allowed in. *by not being allowed in, I think an automatic death will do :p

I was thinking of finding the coordinate of the door and setting the action here, so that if a player's skill is too low and they step across the threshold, they will instantly perish, and if their skill is high enough, they will pass unaffected.

The basis behind this idea is fairly simple, but I lack the skill in coding to do so, so I would appreciate any help!

2. Offline

Alvarez96

I really like the idea, but I cant really think of "advantages" these places can have. Care to elaborate if you have any ideas of what goes in these Guilds?

3. Offline

matt99881

Well I was thinking of when I played Runescape a number of years ago, and the guilds in that game required a certain level to enter (which made it feel like a VIP section almost) and once upon entering, it allowed for quicker resource gathering. For a woodcutting guild I made a small entrance room, and a large grand tree room, where multiple trees grow in close proximity, after cutting the trees they are replanted.

The real advantage is quick resource gathering (sure getting wood from trees isn't difficult, but it does require running around the mountain on a treasure hunt) and it has an "exclusive" feel :)

They are pretty much going to be dignified gathering spots.

Alvarez96 likes this.
  4. Offline

Alvarez96

Sounds like a great idea! I know that the runescape reference was the 1st thing I thought of when I read this post. It would be cool to not only edit McMMO but make an Add-on for it that implements things like this.

For example:

Woodcutting - When the given "SuperTree" is cut down, it regenerates in the same spot after x amount of time. Personally I think this would be an awesome idea and can be implemented on many McMMO stats.​

5. Offline

Sayshal

TheYeti I like this.
    Opinions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.