mc patcher compatable with bukket files please!oh and a few mods i want....

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by palagriz, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Offline

palagriz

hello.names palagriz. im trying to put together a server with varios mods to make my server enjoyable.this is a first time hamatchi server setup and im a bit nervous and excited at the same time.however its come to my attention that im unable to install bukket mods due to it not detecting the file,and it would work like a dream if it were compressed into a .zip file.for the recent release of 1.2.3 that ive recived,its been tough for a simpleton who relies on the completes idiots guide books as if they were the bible.[i put that last part in there for lols while stating i need help. :p ]i challenge the modders and admins to make this improvement for ease of access!:p

4 mods im intrested in are as follows:
    a spawn point manager
    a jail mod that sends pepole to jail and kills them if they escape.
    an economy system that can[possibly intrested-> ] generate money and/or[definatly want->] exchange items in chest shops.
    an anti grifer mod

i saw one called royalty that seems to really be diverse in allowing the admin use jail and spawning points among many other commands.i tryed to download it.i was sadly disappointed that it was a bukket file because again,im having problems accessing it via mc patcher.that would knock out the first two mods id want right there.

if any of you can help me out with plugins id appreciate it.but remember,keep it simple.im not a java genious here.jus a normal guy whos not very technical.

first posts gets a beer!@_@

2. Offline

OstlerDev

First off I based on what you have posted I am just going to tell you to give up trying to start up a new server as you obiously have no clue what you are doing.

If you are still insistent on running a server here is what to do.
    1. Install Bukkit on your server. If you cannot figure out how to do this just look on YouTube.
    2. Go to plugins.bukkit.org and search up the plugins you need, for example search chestshop, or spawn.
    3. Once you have found the plugins download them and put them into the plugins folder on your server.
    4. Start up the server, hop on, and have fun!
    5. If the plugins are not working correctly then just configure them.

Hope I helped
    -OstlerDev

Fyre and AStevensTaylor like this.
  3. Offline

palagriz

i appreciate the help so far,and yes i dont know exactly what im doing,which is why i came for advice.no need to be rude.>.<

step five im unsure as to what to do.instead of plugins within minecraft its listed under mods.i used mc patcher and got two of them working.as for the other mods well its been a what the heck moment cause i didnt know i had to config them.i followed the steps so far and put the files in where the mods file is[theres no plugin file at all,it seems to work for the other two mods under the 'mods'file]sould i create a plugin file just in case?oh,and heres yer beer.-gives to the 1st poster-

4. Offline

OstlerDev

Depending on the mod, some of them have Bukkit versions and you need to use those versions. Otherwise you will most likely have to go without Bukkit.

5. Offline

mrlwiggy

Look @ Essentials

That can do spawn points and jail. Economy system = iConomy, and CashFlow can be used to regularly pay moneys.
    Antigrief => LogBlock and WorldGuard

6. Offline

palagriz

hmm ok.that makes sense,and ive already two mods in mind grief prevention and royalty commands.thanks for the info on the economy suggestions.ill be sure to look into it.