MC 1.5 is here, and Bukkit's break again :P

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Pomme72, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Pomme72

Hi !

MC 1.5 is here !

Now just hope for a quick Bukkit's update, and a quick plugins update...

I'm maybe a little bit so hopeful. D:

2. Offline

Reslip

Yes 1.5 is awsome. Hope bukkit will update soon. :D

3. Offline

Pomme72

Yeah, QUIIIICK :D

4. Offline

gmaguitar01

When can we expect an update?

5. Offline

NachoDuck

When it's ready.

Mekixx, luke.hansen and soulreafer like this.
  6. Offline

Kresnik002

Never, bukkit project is shutting down.

when its done

7. Offline

Simanova

Bukkit needs about 6 to 18 hours

JWhy and ash243x like this.
  8. Offline

silverX200

Guys, chill a little bit. Give them some breathing room. Just because an update comes out doesn't mean you immediately ask for an update ETA. Wait at least a few hours.

soulreafer, JWhy, JayNike and 2 others like this.
  9. Offline

Nozzie

Yeah, i totaly agree with sliverX200. The Bukkit Guys do an amazing job! Let them time to build e new version and do something different in the meantime. It's not the end of the world ;)

Jim Chute likes this.
  10. Offline

ash243x

This sounds about accurate, and as frustrating as it is to have to wait even 10 seconds, it is quite amazing that they can do this so quickly - considering how much code they have to go thru each time this happens. Keep up the good work bukkit team!

*And since my servers are down for the day, I think I'll enjoy Portal 2 in the meantime! ^_^

xorvious and Nozzie like this.
  11. Offline

Reslip

It took 4 hours when 1.4 came out. :p

12. Offline

xorvious

I just need to stay off the forums, I have a hard time fighting my rage at all the ppl that think 20 minutes is long enough wait to start complaining about a lack of updates :mad:

BE PATIENT!

Thank you Bukkit team for all your great work! [diamond]

Afforess, NachoDuck and Nozzie like this.
  13. Offline

Jim Chute

I completely agree with you ash243x they are amazingly thorough, diligent and overall awesome.

ash243x and JayNike like this.
  14. Offline

EcoMaster21

If Notch was working with the Bukkit development team, topics like this would be understandable, but the developers get the update at the same time we do. It's not as simple as smashing the Minecraft and Bukkit files together and running a program :) If it was, we'd have an update.

Instead, code has to be ported, Minecraft code changes need to be compensated for and adapted to, and so forth. THEN, at the same time as us, the plugin developers get the 1.5-compatible build, and will begin making sure their plugins are 1.5-ready. So, be nice to the Bukkit and plugin devs, please.

imjake9, TheCommie, NachoDuck and 2 others like this.
  15. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

It's really a shame they don't put out some form of a preview build for developers; something that can't run as a server, but explains the changes. hard code a lan restriction or something so it's not feasible to use it on a production server.

ash243x likes this.
  16. Offline

Nathan C

Yeh, be patient.

We are lucky with how fast Bukkit updates, it is amazing. With hMod, it used to take days to weeks!

Some people just starting a server don't realize how great Bukkit is. It is just leaps and bounds over any other mod there was before it, in everyway. We are just too spoiled by Bukkit. :p

TheCommie likes this.
  17. Offline

Pomme72

Just be patient. :)

18. Offline

Rytharr

Why is your server down? Mine is running just fine its not 1.5 but at least we can still play till bukkit and all plugins are updated. I mean seriously is this your first patch day? It will take bukkit at least several hours to update and a lot longer for all the plugins to get updated there is no reason for servers to be down that long.

19. Offline

tommydrum

Anyone have a vinella server up... still want to do something while we wait.

20. Offline

heblol

Whèèèèèèèè
    cant play online on my server :X

btw: when did the 1.5 got updated?
    (how long ago)

21. 4 hours ago..

22. Offline

heblol

Wow realy quick responses here :D

:p like 30 sec ? :p

Thx basjuhh :)

23. Offline

JayNike

huch hey guys, can't wait till it comes.. I'am still learning Java + C#

24. Offline

KrazyBonez

Running a vanilla server for all who want to join while they update

eyeofwisdom.dyndns.org

TheCommie likes this.
  25. Offline

Pomme72

Just wait, and stay calm ! :D

26. Offline

andrewkm

i dont care when
    i love everything the way it is on my server with all my plugins.
    All these new minecraft updates are retarded lol

27. Offline

DannyCare

Meh, as far as Mojang seems to be concerned, as long as they get their code right then they've played their part. Or at least that's how it feels. Again the whole 'BETA' thing. It's not even had an official release so at the mo, the Minecraft devs have no reason (other than the thousands of Bukkit servers, which isn't a big deal to them (although it should be)) to release any other code or software that will help EvilSeph and his team.

28. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

C'est la vie I suppose.

On a side rant, the very loose usage of "beta" with MC bugs me. If it's a commercial release (aka publicly available to anyone who pays for it) and your updates are fairly minor, you're basically keeping the term in your back pocket for when someone has an issue. An "official release" typically means that's when you're ready for prime time, and ready to sell it; which MC hit a long time ago.

I get the indie gaming thing, but it's still poor management. </rant>

29. Offline

Naruchico

Well I am excited at-least, 1.5 is 0.1 closer to dragons at-least lol

30. Offline

bigbass1997

Really? i thought it took about 2 1/2 - 3 hours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.