Filled Mass Block Remover

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by AlwaysAllstar, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AlwaysAllstar

Plugin category: Develop Server

Minecraft version: 1.14

Suggested name: BlockRemover

What I want: I have a large map on my server and need to remove the chests, paintings, item frames, armor stands, and a few more blocks around the map. I was planning on just selecting the entire map and using world Guard to //replace chest air or something for all the things I want to remove. However, because the map is so big, it crashes every time. I've reduced the size for it to replace the blocks by a lot but it still keeps crashing. If I make it any smaller its going to take a VERY long time for me to manage to remove all of them.

If possible, could someone make a plugin where you can remove a certain block in a radius. Or even better, within the vanilla world border? This could be done by using a command like '/blockremove <block> <radius>' or '/blockremove <block>' (if it automatically does it within the world border). I'm thinking this could be done by searching a chunk for the block, removing in that chunk, move onto the next chunk, repeat. Or something similar so it doesn't crash the server? It will most likely take a while but I could just afk for a bit while it works on removing all the blocks.

Ideas for commands: /blockremove <block> (<radius>?)

Ideas for permissions: None; Only OPs can use

When I'd like it by: As soon as time allows. :)

2. Offline

Sploon

Use AsyncWorldEdit. It does pretty much exactly what you ask, except it works for all WorldEdit commands.

3. Offline

Xp10d3

WorldEdit also works. Although FastAsyncWorldEdit also works except has less lag (I personally use WorldEdit since it's a LOT easier to use) like Sploon said. I'm sure there are other plugins out there, though. Please do research before coming here ;)

4. Offline

AlwaysAllstar

Thank you both! I see I accidently said World Guard, I meant World Edit. So it was crashing my server because it was too much to handle. I'll look into AsyncWorldEdit. Thank you! :)

5. Offline

Xp10d3

You're welcome :) FYI WorldEdit and AsyncWorldEdit are both really big plugins, so I reccommend at least 3 GB of RAM to run anything like WorldGuard and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.