Map Regenerator

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Tsrizchris, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Offline

Tsrizchris

Plugin category: World generation

Suggested name: Mapregeneration

What I want: So what you do is place a world folder (With the contents inside) within a folder somewhere, and the plugin will keep that folder in memory. When an admin types the command "/[Something] reset", the plugin will kick everyone from the world (Multiworld support please!), and then delete the world, restoring it from the backup saved in the server files.

Ideas for commands: /mapregen regen

Ideas for permissions: mapregen.regen

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible!

Thanks!

~Chris~

Updated the plugin format :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  2. Offline

vsams14

Maybe. Could you PM me on bukkitdev? There is also no guarantee that the map will regenerate EXACTLY, because any chunks generated AFTER initial gen are pseudo-random based on the seed. So while the backed up chunks will be identical, chunks that the server rebuilds might have slight differences, like the placing of ores and such...

3. Offline

Savoie

Doesnt Multiverse-Adventure do this?

4. Offline

vsams14

I don't know, and I don't really mind doing this. If someone wants to check and test Multiverse-Adventure, and it proves to do the same thing, great. Otherwise, I'll just make the plug as promised...

5. Offline

6SidedPentagon