Map problem, please help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Qentus, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Qentus

Hi, i have problem with my map. Size of my map is 3GB, because I haven´t got any border. But now i want to set a border to 12000x12000 but i don´t know how to remove that part of map which is further than 6500 block from spawn.

Can anybody help me? Is any program or plugin which can help me do that?
    I want to run my main world on RAMdisk but with that size it is impossible for me.

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  2. Offline

ZeroZX4

well if you have borders now only option i see for you is to copy that region in McEdit and paste it to no world

since it have borders its no difference for you what its outside of borders

and if you want to say your map is to big to copy it than paste it piece by piece

and if you want to say it will take too long

well than lets put it this way level of how much we need/want some things is determined by how much we are willing to do for it

if coping it piece by piece is too hmm hard or long task for you than it means you really never needed to lower size of your map

3. Offline

Qentus

4. Offline

ZeroZX4

well than make copy of your world and delete from original mcr files from 2 to 189.20.mcr. and see what happens

cause i never done it and idk how it works i just told you what i would do in your possition

but if deleting actually helps you than you will need just to find the part you want to keep by trail and error

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.