Map Corruption, without Chunkster

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lildirt, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lildirt

Hello everyone,
    I've discovered six scrabbled chunks in my server, and I want to fix them manually without Chunkster as I'm running Linux and don't know how to execute it properly.

If anyone could help me with this, please take a few moments of your precious time and help me.

My console is reporting this, which helped me detect the chunks.

Code:
    2011-12-23 03:07:59 [INFO] Chunk file at 132,30 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 132, 30, got 133, 30)
    2011-12-23 03:07:59 [INFO] Chunk file at 131,30 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 131, 30, got 133, 30)
    2011-12-23 03:07:59 [INFO] Chunk file at 130,30 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected 130, 30, got 156, 31)

By this, I determined that chunk 132,30 131,30 130,30 133,30 and 156,31 are corrupted, well, scrambled in this case.

If anyone can throw me advice on doing this manually, including deleting these chunks, please do. These chunks are natural chunks and have nothing in them of value. I don't care if they become protected or what, I just need these unscrambled.. I assume there must be a way to fix this manually, or can someone point me into a direction that would work for me? :/

2. Offline

ohcannabis

Lildirt,
    Would you possibly want to help me set up my server?
    I'm willing to pay you.

3. Offline

Lildirt

Excuse me , this isn't relevant to my topic. I'd like a solution to this.
    I run a server of my own, and I don't really have much time to do anything else in my time. I've been up for 4 hours trying to fix this.
    It's 4AM, I'm stressed out at this point. :(

4. Offline

ohcannabis

Sorry to post off topic, but I'm really trying to find someone who has experience with permissions and plugins.
    Trying to get my server public :/

5. Offline

Lildirt

Meh, sorry. I know how you feel.. D:

I've come to the solution of deleting the chunks that I think it lives in, so .. here goes nothing.

6. Offline

ohcannabis

If you want to or know anyone who can help me, please let me know.
    I'm having a hard time finding someone to help me. I'm at the point willing to pay someone and offer them an owner spot on the server. It sucks :/

7. Offline

Lildirt

Okay, that did NOT work at all. -_-

Also, if I find the time later, I may help you with your server. Try messaging the IP to me or something later on when I recover this map. I'm going to attempt and restore a map backup from earlier that day, hopefully people won't get pissed. :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  8. Offline

zhuowei

I think I can help you with Chunkster. It's definitely executable on Linux; I've used it on Ubuntu.
    To run it, save chunkster.jar into your server folder, open a terminal, cd into the folder with the server, and type
    java -jar chunkster.jar world .
    To manually delete the chunks, try feeding the coordinates of the chunks into Dinnerbone's calculator http://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/ and deleting that mcr file.

9. Offline

Lildirt

Thank you sir! Thank you so much!! You don't know how relieved I am!! THANK YOU!! <3

[ISSUE RESOLVED]

zhouwel, thank you sir. Thank you very much. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.