Solved Making Enchanting table not able to open

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by trusebruse, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

trusebruse

YES! OMG! DUDE I LOVE YOU! IT WOOOORKS! :D
    What did you do?

2. Offline

TwistedMexi

Your yml's layout will completely make or break your plug-in, it's very important to get right, so don't get snarky.

Turns out it is just that you need to remove plugin from getServer(). I just tested it and it works fine.

3. Offline

the_merciless

The plugin wasnt loading, just because it said it had there was an error further down, this is why i asked you to paste your server.log

That will give you more info on errors than your console does and tells you exaclty where your error is

After checking my server.log i found this error

Code:
    2012-11-12 00:12:58 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling test v1.0.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.trusebruse.NoEnchantmentTable.NoEnchantmentTable.onEnable(NoEnchantmentTable.java:22)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:217)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:374)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:272)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:254)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.j(MinecraftServer.java:320)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:299)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:258)
        at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:141)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:400)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:818)
    This tells me the error is in NoEnchantmentTable on line 22

Code:
    at me.trusebruse.NoEnchantmentTable.NoEnchantmentTable.onEnable(NoEnchantmentTable.java:22)

4. Offline

trusebruse

I know that plugin.yml is important but there is no reason to remove the description because it dont make anything difference except that it is description in the file.
    If there is anything wrong with plugin.yml the plugin wont load. atleast from my experience from Java bukkit plugins.

5. Offline

fireblast709

trusebruse maybe the rest was being kind of an idiot as well (including me at start btw!). The code was using a variable called 'plugin', but it was never defined to anything, so Java treats it as 'null'. In this case, the events were never registered and you could still open an enchantment table.

TwistedMexi nope its valid

6. Offline

trusebruse

But there was no errors for me.

7. Offline

the_merciless

I sincerely hope you look over the code, try to understand it, re-read these posts and figure out the errors you (and us) made and learn from it

SOMEONE PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD

Im not talking about in the console. Open your server file and look for a file called server or server.log

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  8. Offline

trusebruse

I know you were talking about the console. I checked it again and found the same error, sorry.
    But what was wrong at line 22?

9. Offline

the_merciless

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  10. Offline

trusebruse

Alright. But thank you very very very much! I've learned very much and the plugin is done! :)
    Good bye everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.