Solved Making a WitherSkull invisible

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by JRL1004, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JRL1004

I am trying to do exactly as the title says. I have a WitherSkull object (called "witherSkull") that I am spawning in front of the player and turning into a projectile, but I have this issue of the witherskull rendering, and WitherSkulls unfortunately do not have an addPotionEffect (or similar) method. What I am attempting to do is make a magic-esk plugin, so making it so that players can send out the wither skull without it blocking their view would be ideal.

I know that entities also used to have a delay when applying potion effects, which would mean that the simple addPotionEffect() method could result in a flashing effect if with skull are fired off rapidly. So I would like to avoids this too, if possible.

Footnote: I know that ProtocolLib could probably do this with it's packet handling features, but I do not have any prior experience with ProtocolLib or NMS packets, so I am asking here for possible alternatives.

Sadly, this was never solved. I ended up making a simple raycast instead since the spell is supposed to travel in a straight line anyway. I don't know why I decided to use WitherSkulls in the first place.

Anyway, I went to delete this thread, but that wasn't an option so I just set it to solved. If any mods want to delete this thread (it's not really useful for others), please do.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
  2. Offline

mine2012craft

3. Offline

JRL1004

@mine2012craft I appreciate the link and would like to note that this would have been very helpful before I changed my code about. I have many plans for other things in the future, though, so I will likely get use out of this. All I need to do is adapt it slightly to account for gravity (because I want mortar-like spells as well).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.