Make Minecraft Logging all Packages

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by VanillaPie, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

VanillaPie

Hello,
    I am intrested in the Minecraft-Protocol and I want to log those Multiplayer-Packages.
    I used the Deobfuscator and Decompiler to get information about how they are dealed.
    There is a Package-Class, a NetworkManager and so on. But I don't find away to logg them, because If I would read out the DataInputStream the Package which should normally get the package would crash and so I can't do this that way. Another Method would be to Log in all Packages but that is a lot of work an should be easier.
    Anyone with some idea?

2. Offline

Edward Hand

The only way I can think of would be to make some kind of intermediary.
    If you made a plugin which listened on a different port to the server, and made people connect to that instead, you could read the data and then forward it on to the server itself with another socket connection - sort of like a proxy.

Unless you do this right, this could have serious impacts on the performance of a server, so if you go down this route, be careful.

3. Offline

eisental

@Raphfrk 's proxy server is just what you need:

4. Offline

Raphfrk

Btw, the info that I based the proxy on is from this site. If you are trying to figure out the protocol structure, then that will save you lots of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.