Make itemstack amount larger then the max

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Forseth11, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Forseth11

Hello I am trying to make the amount of an item stack be higher than the max. How would I go about doing this. I have already tried doing ItemStack.setAmount(65) and it shows up as 64 in a custom inventory (Which has no holder and 54 slots).

2. Offline

Elimnator

IDK if its possible to make stacks bigger then 64 with Bukkit, I have never seen it done before.

3. Offline

RawCode

did you opened client source code and checked is client actually able to process stacks larger then 64 and able to render humbers above 64 before asking on forum?

4. Offline

Dragonphase

This is the Bukkit plugin development forum. He needs help relating to the Bukkit API, which shouldn't require you to look at the source code of the client.

5. Offline

RawCode

Dragonphase
    This is the Bukkit plugin development forum. He needs help relating to the Bukkit API, which shouldn't require you to visit google or oracle.

This is development forum, flame elsewhere.

6. Offline

Dragonphase

Dude... what? That makes no sense... you advised him to go and do something completely unrelated to Bukkit, in the Bukkit development forum, which isn't really helpful.

7. Offline

RawCode

i perfectly "helpful" if client cant accept stacks over 64 its literally over, there is no way around

8. Offline

desht

Forseth11 the Inventory object has a setMaxStackSize() method, which may be of assistance. However, there are multiple limitations; read the warnings in the Javadocs.

If you want to change the maxStackSize on a per-item-type basis, you can try messing around with NMS - the net.minecraft.server.Item class has a maxStackSize field, and v1_7_R1 has an e(int) method to change that. Perhaps something like Item.d(<itemID>).e(<newMax>) will help, but you'll need to try it out and see for yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.