Solved Make Easy API?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by migcabreraes, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

migcabreraes

Hello GUys, I am bored and I was wondering if you can create a type of api for example a code be: onCommand = cmdCommand, getLogger().info(""); = getConsole()MSG("");

- Thanks All!

2. Offline

Double0negative

I think you should go learn what your talking about first..

3. Offline

_Filip

Lol what are you even trying to do?

4. Offline

TGRHavoc

migcabreraes
    If I understand you correctly then you are wanting to re-write Bukkit code to suite your "Easy API". However, wouldn't renaming "onCommand" to "cmdCommand" just make everything confusing? "onCommand" is pretty self-explanatory whereas "cmdCommand", what does that even represent?

For those who are confused I think he wants to make a plugin/API for bukkit that makes things "Easier", the examples he gives are changing "onCommand" method to "cmdCommand" and the "getLogger().info( MESSAGE ) " to "getConsole().MSG( MESSAGE )"..

5. Offline

acer5999

He's trying to make Java MySQL in that it will be plain english I 'm assuming.
    Wouldn't be that hard, just execute methods inside simpler methods

6. Offline

Skionz

acer5999 I didn't get anything about MySQL from that :eek:

es359 and _Filip like this.
  7. Offline

migcabreraes

yes. sorry, but i am not english

8. Offline

Skionz

9. Offline

migcabreraes

that is! example CommandCMD run / replace onCommand, not be as explain it well.

google translate is very bad for translate spain to english , elpais traductor is good.

10. Offline

Rocoty

migcabreraes My question is, why would you want to do this? What is so wrong about the current methods that you would like to change their names? I honestly see no use for this. And frankly this isn't what we call an API.

11. Offline

teej107

If your talking about registering and having the actual command object in code, you can do that. I would say your current approach though is not possible though.

12. Offline

acer5999

MySQL code is extremely easy to understand and that's what I think he's trying to do here, make all the methods and stuff more understandable, almost like english

13. Offline

Rocoty

acer5999 so cmdCommand is more understandable than onCommand? And msg is more English than log? Am I missing something really important here?

14. Offline

acer5999

Rocoty No, those seem impossibly cryptic in comparison, but he calls it an "Easy" API, meaning you can wrap your head around it easier than with plain Bukkit/Java. I'm just guessing that's what he meant and he just sucks at examples

Rocoty likes this.
  15. Offline

teej107

Why don't you just write your own language then, or just hire a developer? Same thing right?

acer5999 and Rocoty like this.
  16. Offline

migcabreraes

easy, I just want to make to try new things, since the best way to learn is to practice and writing code.

17. Offline

Rocoty

migcabreraes While that's true, I think you might be going about things the wrong way. By all means be curious. Think "I wonder what happens if I do this" and then do it. But this...how in the world were you planning to actually go about it. You may try, but you'll soon realise that it's too much work to be worth it.

18. Offline

es359

What....? LOL There is no reference to the MySQL in the OP. Do you even know what your talking about?

Skionz likes this.
  19. migcabreraes There very self explanatory, why change them? Also getLogger.Msg() is only 1 letter shorter than .info() why? 1 Character is hardly going to make things "easy"

20. Offline

migcabreraes

is a example xd

Yes, you are right that that is much work for something small that I want to do, but to prove nothing. As you could start?

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged Posts. Please dont double post. There is an Edit-Button right next to the Date.>

21. Offline

mythbusterma

migcabreraes

There is absolutely no reason to do this. The way Bukkit plugins are currently done (other than the plugin.yml file) is very simple and intuitive for someone that actually knows how to program. It is a well designed API that doesn't need botching.

22. Offline

migcabreraes

okey

23. Offline

acer5999

Sigh... I was using MySQL as an example, albeit a poor one, for a readable language. MySQL is one of the closest to plain English languages I can think of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.