*Major Problem* which uses a old map save when I update

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pivotphone, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pivotphone

So I tried to update to 1.2.3 maby a week ago which worked fine but most of the plugins i needed weren't released so I went back to 1.1 but now after the plugins have been updated when i try to update to 1.2.3 it uses the same world save point as when i first updated so we loose all our progress since a week ago.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.
    ~pivotphone

2. Offline

stageseven

I believe that I'm having the same issue, but I had never updated to 1.2.3 before. I updated to 1.2.3-R0.2 this morning and lost an entire room that I created earlier in the week. However, the items that I had used to build the room were back in my chests. I thought maybe something had gone wrong, so I restored my world from multiple versions of backups and tried again, with no luck in restoring the lost area. However, when I went back to my 1.1 server and restored the world from the same backup, the room was back. There's definitely something funky happening in the update process to 1.2.

3. Offline

Paswaru

You need to delete the Anvil copy of the world files, so that the server will reconvert the region files. These are the basic steps involved are:

1) Stop the server.
    2) MAKE A BACKUP!
    3) Go into the world directory. By default it is in <server directory>/world.
    4) Rename the file level.dat_mcr to level.dat (overwriting the level.dat file that is already there)
    5) Go into the region directory. It will be located under the world directory <server directory>/word/region.
    6) Delete all *.mca files (ONLY *.mca FILES).
    7) Repeat these steps for world_nether and world_the_end.
    8) At this point if you server is not already running 1.2.3, go ahead and update.
    9) Start the server. It will convert the region files to Anvil again.

4. Offline

stageseven

Thanks so much, that worked perfectly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.