Major Permissions issue

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by nhadobas, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nhadobas

I have switched to bpermissions and now regular players are allowed to join certain worlds they dont have perms for. I have 'enforce-access: true' on multiverse and 'essentials per world permissions: true' in the essentials config. Donators from the creative world do /tpahere <user> and regular members can accept the TP. I want donators be able to do /tpa and /tpahere in the creative world. I could always remove donators tpa, tpahere, tpdeny, and tpaccept permissions from the creative world but i would rather not. Anyway idea what is wrong?

permissions: http://pastie.org/5633248
    plugins: http://prntscr.com/odf7m
    server properties: http://pastie.org/5633254
    Build: 1.4.6 R.3
    i have tried: Adding negative permissions, changing group inheritances, removing permissions, starting permissions from scratch.

Can someone at least respond with some help. This is the 3rd help thread i have made about varying issues and havnt had one response.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Offline

c0mp

Perhaps the issue is that people don't have enough information about your server to begin assisting with your issues? Have you read the following sticky, right at the top of the Bukkit Help section?

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/you-need-help-we-need-this-information-to-help-you.2018/

3. Offline

nhadobas

permissions: http://pastie.org/5633248
    plugins: http://prntscr.com/odf7m
    server properties: http://pastie.org/5633254
    Build: 1.4.6 R.3
    i have tried: Adding negative permissions, changing group inheritances, removing permissions, starting permissions from scratch.

Do people even attempt to help on here?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

c0mp

Sir, patience is a virtue. I got out of work one minute, literally, ONE minute, before you submitted your post with more information. By the time you submitted it, I was on my way out the door to pick up my kids from daycare, then got most of the way home, realized I forgot something, had to turn around and run back to the office, run in (with the kids in tow), grab what I forgot, then drive home, get one kid in bed, get the other kid in the shower, and now here I am. Sorry, but I'm not going to put all that on hold just to fix your server. xD

Now, one thing I'm seeing right off the bat is that your bPermissions config doesn't seem to have any world-specific information in it, so all those nodes will be assigned to all those groups, regardless of what world they're in, if I'm understanding things right. Then again, I've never used bPermissions, so I don't know how it works on that level without reading the documentation, which I'm sure you've already done.

I would also try simplifying your inheritance system. You've got a lot of groups inheriting a lot of other groups. Methinks it would be better to have a mostly hierarchical system, where the 1st (lowest) group inherits nothing, the 2nd group inherits the 1st, the 3rd group inherits the 2nd (and the 1st, because it's already inherited by the 2nd) and so on.

5. Offline

falkensmaze

Three possibilities:
    1. Your threads go unnoticed because they don't have descriptive titles, or just because (chalk it up to bad luck or general busy-ness, a friendly bump can help, but 27 minutes is a little quick to complain).
    2. Nobody knows the answer, or doesn't want to guess because you haven't provided enough info. (Thank you for the additions above.)
    3. Your attitude of entitlement to free help is a turn-off to those who might otherwise assist.

6. Offline

nhadobas

I have honestly given threads before will every damn file i could give. Still i will not get one response. I know this is something i could figure out myself, but posting on bukkit saves me the time i dont have.

Inheritances dont work that way. You cant have a group inherit another group that inherits a group. BTW, that is my permissions for the world "world" since bpermissions has separate folders for separate permissions. Other than that i have disabled permissions for the creative world, not one person has permissions in it.

I literally copied and pasted my permissionsEX nodes and put them in bpermissions. That makes me think it was an error on bpermissions side. I just tried the exact nodes in the file with PermissionsEx and everything works fine. I dont know if bpermissions doesnt work well with multiverse access permissions or essentials per world permissions. That is why im posting here.

Look, i know you're not going to take time out of your day. I just kind of find it ridiculous on the amount of threads i have made for varying problems, concerns, or just discussions and i dont get a response. Either im just unlucky as hell, or people are just fed up with me. Honestly, i dont which of the two, or if its another reason. I want help like any other member here, but i just dont see to get it. You'll see threads with 50 replies for someone who is missing a damn colon....Things just do make sense to me anymore.

7. Offline

c0mp

They might not in bPermissions, I don't know. Again, I don't use bPermissions. But they do in PermissionsBukkit, as that's the way I have our server set up.
    That would explain why there were seemingly no worlds specified in the permissions file that you provided.
    This could be part of the problem. Different permissions plugins have slightly different formatting requirements, different ways of negating nodes, et cetera. Have you double-checked the bPermissions documentation and examples to make sure that you're doing it the bPermissions way, and not the PermissionsEX way?
    Because when someone's missing a damn colon, it's a very easy fix that just about anyone with a bare minimum of Bukkit/Permissions knowledge can point out. Issues like this where you have to get nitty gritty into permissions config files, make a mind-map of what's going on in each of the files, what's being allowed, what's being negated, in what worlds, for what groups, is much more difficult so people are less likely to take the time to comb through your config files to figure it out. Permissions are pretty much the bane of any Minecraft server admin's existence, so not many people want to jump head-first into a configuration that they're not familiar with and did not set up. You said it yourself:

8. Offline

nhadobas

Im 100% sure its all set up correctly. Every single permissions node works except for essentials per world and multiverse access.

9. Offline

c0mp

Could you also pastebin your full startup log so we can take a look at that?

10. Offline

nhadobas

Only error is animal protect but it still works fine.

http://pastie.org/5633942

11. Offline

c0mp

Yep, nothing out of the ordinary there. Have you tried with an absolute bare-bones test server, with only Essentials, Multiverse, and bPermissions (and whatever other plugins you feel may be involved) installed? If you haven't already, also make sure to trim down your permissions file to one or two groups, and generate new config files for each plugin just to be safe.

If it still doesn't work, I'd check with the plugin developers (not sure which one in this situation, Essentials or Multiverse).

Keep in mind, also, that we're running on a Beta build of Bukkit with mostly non-official, *development* builds of plugins, so it could just be a piece of the code that they haven't quite gotten around to adjusting. Or whatever. I'm not a developer and I don't know Java. :p

12. Offline

nhadobas

Ya i tried all of that. I think ill just disable players tpa, tpahere, tpaccept permissions in the creative world. Thank you for the help though.

13. Offline

Necrodoom

per-world-permissions setting means that member cant teleport itself to world, but can be invited there. this is intended.

14. Offline

nhadobas

Thats not how it is using any other permissions plugin.

Edit: just tested it and they can use warps in the creative world along with /tpa.

15. Offline

Necrodoom

im talking about the essentials config setting?
    and its the same way for all.

16. Offline

nhadobas

Check my edit.

17. Offline

Necrodoom

paste essentials config.yml

18. Offline

nhadobas

I will when I get back from school.

essentials- http://pastie.org/5644304
    multiverse- http://pastie.org/5644310

19. Offline

Super User

Add essentials.build.* to permission groups.

20. Offline

nhadobas

Dude, just leave. You dont even take time to read the thread....

21. Offline

Super User

Do you have EssentialsAntiBuild? You can only see this via file browser.

22. Offline

nhadobas

Dude....I listed everything I have. You have no clue what my error is because you didnt care to read the damn thread. So if you're not going to read it, then don't post.

23. Offline

Super User

My bad im an idiot, I was thinking it was a different post. Are your players using the gates or /mvtp?

24. Offline

nhadobas

Like i said above they can use all of the warps, tpa, and tpaccept into the creative world.

25. Offline

bluesky66

Output

ERROR:

mapping values are not allowed here
    in "<unicode string>", line 588, column 8:
    default: Wanderer
    ^

26. Offline

nhadobas

There isnt any error when i do it...

edit: Ya, idk what yaml parser youre using, but its derpy as hell. default: Wanderer is at line 1....

27. Offline

bluesky66

ill try your file on my server fix it up for ya!

send me the server file somehow i need your plugins and server info for me to work on it will be done asap

28. Offline

nhadobas

Im not sending you all of my server files, especially with that grammar I know the permissions format is correct. Im wondering my multiverse enforce access and essentials per world permissions are not working properly.

29. Offline

bluesky66

30. Offline

nhadobas

My permissions are working perfectly fine...Its the fact that multiverse enforce access and essentials per world permissions are not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.