Major Issue with 1060 with interaction with chunks. Stuff like blocks signs etc...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Kane, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kane

We are having a bit of a crisis right now on Godcraft with any kind of plugin that interact with blocks and signs. So pretty much 90% signs and the 10% is the interaction with bookshelves. (Bookworm).

Plugins that use signs:
    Lifts
    Lockette
    ChestShop
    Minecart Mania

Plugins that use blocks:
    LogBlock - (No issues reported here yet)
    Bookworm
    Minecart Mania

What seams to be happening that random chunks with these plugins stop to work but sometimes it does work and it's one pain in the ass to figure out. Lift sign will not work but one block over redoing it will. Putting back to the old spot will NOT work. This happens even with Minecarts launcher and ejections systems acting up not working right over chunks and such.

Now the problem is you will say just disable all the plugins and test them one by one. Right now I can take you to my server and not find a broken sign but another player might find it. Then yes its broken to both but it's not at a 99% fail rate more like a 10% fail rate. Not only that once we reboot the server the broken one and all the rest work then start to fail overtime. This is why it's impossible to figure out wtf plugin or maybe bukkit build is causing it.

Bukkit Version: 1060

Update 1:
    Just experinced this error 99% sure though Minecart Mania is not at fault but that the error or bug might be causing these kinds of issues:
    11:58:28 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to MinecartManiaSignCommands java.lang.ClassCastException

2. Offline

Darq

Hey Kane, and yeah, I have the exact same issue. I run Build 1063 Which seems to help A LITTLE but the issue is obviously still present. Lift Signs stop working, LWC quits, ChestShop does.

3. Offline

Kane

Do you use spout? Try the latest build. Might have fixed this if you use spout.

4. Offline

Darq

@Kane I do, I'm using 1.0.2.134. Think I should try the lastest dev build of it? And if you're indeed using 1.0.2.191, have you noticed a difference?

Edit: I just went ahead and updated to B191. LogBlock still works, all other plugins that used spout still works, I'll update you on this chunk issue status.

5. Offline

Kane

Sweet yeah lets hope it works fine.

6. Offline

Darq

Still having the issue.

But here's a rough temporary fix. If you log chest access, use World edit to regenerate the a chunk that's messing up, just use the wand and then //regen, and //undo to bring back what was there. if chests are empty, after that, which they probably will be, select them with logblock, and redo the chest access for them. Worked on a few chunks for me.

7. Offline

luciddream

Could this be related to the bug where sometimes bukkit thinks every block in a chunk is air after a teleport? I have all sorts of crazy issues because of that myself, such as interaction with buttons and junk that check to see if the block the player is interacting with is a button and it returns air. I've found it happens with teleports into unloaded chunks about half the time and the chunks stay broken until the chunk unloads and then is loaded again.

8. Offline

sct

This is pretty much exactly what is happening to me. When I /cinfo a chest someone locked with LWC it just returns AIR is not locked and I am like.. what?

It's getting really bad with players being able to access chests that are locked with LWC in some chunks. I put on spout dev 189 to see if it helped but the issue is still occurring all over the place.

Did anyone find a solution?

9. Offline

Darq

It IS a problem with bukkit. You can see on B1063 that there is an attempted fix for it. It does help a bit but the issue is still present

@Kane @sct @luciddream Get bukkit Build #1064. I've been running it for over an hour now with no sign of the bug, when before it started happening within mere minutes of launching the server

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  10. Offline

sct

@Darq so far so good! Been running it for about 12 hours now and the issue seems to be resolved.

11. Offline

Darq

@sct Same. Nearly 24 hours here, we found just one chunk where this was occurring, which I think is fixed now.

12. Offline

luciddream

Seems just as bad with 1064 to me.

13. Offline

Darq

14. Offline

sct

Are you running Ore Obfuscator?

I seem to still be having this issue. I noticed it happens over time and a server restart will fix the buggy chunks. I also notice a couple people in the Ore Obfuscation thread also complaining about experiencing the same issue and that removing said plugin fixed it. I will test that later tonight and see if it makes any changes although I am VERY reluctant to take down my anti-xray for any extended period of time :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  15. Offline

Darq

@sct Which method do you use for it?

16. Offline

sct

@Darq
    I used to run Mode 4. I switched it to Mode 1 last night at the same time I put in 1064. Mode 1 is an improvement over Mode 4 but not in regard to this issue.

17. Offline

Darq

Yes. But the chunk bug is a lot less noticeable then when using Mode 4. Anywho, all we can really do about this is wait for yet another bukkit build. Seems to be getting better each build. When 1065 rolls around I'll try it out right away and post here with the results.

In the 30+ hours that we've been running B1064, only 4-5 chunks have been discovered with the bug. Which is a big improvement from the constant stream of people saying 'LWC is broken' on 1060.

18. Offline

luciddream

I was awhile back but not anymore.

All of them I guess, but its the most obvious for me is my server's custom plugin. It lets players teleport around a lot over long distances and so the bug pops up constantly. Players can open permanent portals to places and about 1 in 4 times that they use a portal they teleport to a broken chunk and then when they step back on the portal to go back the plugin checks to see if they stepped on a portal block, but if the bug happens it returns air so the plugin doesn't think they stepped on a portal block and nothing happens.

19. Offline

Kane

If you guys are using the obfuscater maybe try it without if the bug is not happening then you know its not bukkit ;)

Also testing out spout latest dev build I have a feeling it was smooth teleporting. Best way to test is set home somewhere far and have a sign event or another event in the same chunk. Go to spawn and /home after you know the chunks unloaded. The bug seam to be 100% repeatable then and related to smooth teleporting. I had ask for them to disable this feature in the latest spout through config but I have it enabled and it might be working now.

20. Offline

luciddream

I've been playing around with this trying to narrow down the issue and it seems that teleports within the same world are fine but teleports from one world to another are causing the problem, at least in my case. It also seems to be related to teleporting into unloaded chunks, as I couldn't seem to cause the problem going to the spawn in different worlds, I guess because they stay loaded so I was never actually teleporting into unloaded chunks there.
    Note: I am not using the ore obfuscator but I am using bananachunk, without bananachunk I was getting world holes on teleport pretty much all the time so I dunno if it is helping or hurting but it was pretty much impossible to test without it.

21. Offline

Kane

idk I'm so tired of this we still have it with smooth teleportation off in spout. It seams to be fine then a few hours it breaks lol.

22. Offline

sddddgjd

Try removing spout!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.