[Mac Only] AutoBukkitServer [Easy]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by hawkfalcon, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

redogahi

I mean when I open that, a blank Terminal window pops up. I cant even type! There's nothing on the window either. Same for when I open the application directly off of the doc. I might have bashed it...

2. Offline

hawkfalcon

;) open it with textedit(right click and open with) and change the 4g to 2g or 1g. This tells the server how much ram to use, and if your computer has less than 4gigs of ram, it will give an error because it is trying to give it more memory than it has. So just change the 4 to whatever amount of RAM your computer has. If it is blank, run the installer again. :p remember for now, don't put it in a folder with spaces in the name. I'll fix that eventually.

3. Offline

blocko1012

Hello, hawkfalcon! I used your method of creating the server and it was very easy. I was just wondering that I created the server and I am not the admin myself. How do I make myself admin?

4. Offline

hawkfalcon

Add your username to the op file:)

So apparently somebody made a video about this and didn't tell me about it:/ It's okay, it gets the point across. :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  5. Offline

blocko1012

Thank you so much!
    :rolleyes:

I have one more thing to ask by the way, how do you set the ip address for your server??

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

hawkfalcon

Its in the server.properties file, it says ip: However, for hosting off of your computer, it is best to keep it blank. It will automatically use your external ip address, which you can find at whatismyip.com

7. Offline

blocko1012

Thanks!

Wait i have a problem here, i added a server in minecraft using my computer ip address and it doesn't come up.

8. Offline

hawkfalcon

To use your own from your own computer type localhost

9. Offline

blocko1012

How do you run the server without using hamachi?

10. Offline

hawkfalcon

Use your external ip address :p
    blocko1012
    Then port forward:/ which is not easy.

11. Offline

blocko1012

How do you port forward?

12. Offline

ImminentFate

13. Offline

blocko1012

I tried doing localhost for ip address for my server, but does it work for other people?

By the way, it worked for me
    :)

14. Offline

ImminentFate

it should work for the person hosting the computer only. For everyone else to connect give them this ip:
    http://www.whatismyip.com/

15. Offline

KungFuJack3

I am sorry to say, but this is a piece of crap. It quicker to install it the normal way.
    Sorry:oops:
    [tnt][creeper][zombie][spider][skeleton]:mad:

16. Offline

hawkfalcon

Just because you are so smart and know how to do it doesn't mean that the average person can make their own server. This is a noob friendly installer, which is easier to use if you have never set up your own server before. On my computer it installs in about 2 minutes. If it takes longer, you have a shitty internet connection. So before you bash something that someone worked hard on to make other people's lives easier, think about that.

CloudVox, lol768 and VeggieDelightful like this.
  17. Offline

NummyWaffles

My friend had this happen, it's not a virus, but I don't know what the cause is. This program is not the cause though, because he didn't use it.

What's the error?

Open server_start.command with Textedit and change both instances of 4G to 2G. If it still doesn't work , try reinstalling Java.

18. Offline

hawkfalcon

Over 1000 downloads!:D WooHoo I'm going to update this soon, suggestions are welcome!
    I'm going to fix the space bug, add something that shows the progress in downloading, and possibly download some plugins as well. Let me know!

19. Offline

aikoels

Amazing, while I can set up my own server easily, this makes it so much easier, thanks :)

20. Offline

xInfinitexLoopx

Common Issue here:
    The Minecraft Server is running on my 192.168.1.101 IP address.
    How to I make it so that it runs on my static ip?
    Thanks.

21. Offline

hawkfalcon

22. How do I uninstall all of this? please respond as soon as you can!!!! PLUS, i tried to drag it into my bin and delete it and it says i cant cause its in use! please help me uninstall!

23. Offline

hawkfalcon

? The server or my program? For the server, if it is open, type "stop", else restart the computer and then drag to the trash. For my program, quit it and drag it to the trash. ^__^

24. Offline

xInfinitexLoopx

I left it blank, but it's still running on the 192.168.x.xxx ip address. Is there any ports I need to forward before I set up the server?

25. Offline

hawkfalcon

Yes. 25565. Are you sure it's running on 192? Type local host on your computer.

If I had a dime for every time someone downloaded this without liking or commenting I'd have over $100. Please Comment And Like!

26. Offline

TheMrPhillips41

i used my server for a while then i did /stop to stop the server in-game (like what i used to do when i had a windows pc and had a server then), anyway ever since that when i go on the .command file it doesnt do anything do you have any advise?

this is what it shows: [​IMG]

27. Offline

hawkfalcon

Broken pic....
    What do you mean it doesnt do anything when you open the .command file?

28. I did type stop into it. I can't delete the jar file. It's called craftbukkit.jar I tried to drag it into the bin and it wouldn't delete....what do I do?

29. Offline

hawkfalcon

Restart the computer. If that fails, open terminal, type

Code:
    sudo rm -R

and drag the problematic jar into terminal, and hit enter. Walah.

30. Offline

TheMrPhillips41

it just has one of these there: | and it never comes up with, for example starting spawn area or http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/loaded sucsesfull[/I]y here is the link to the pic: [URL]https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ikl15gma17cft3/Screen%20shot%202012-06-27%20at%2019.56.00.png[/URL] [quote="TheMrPhillips41, post: 1186062, member: 90694406"]it just has one of these there: | and it never comes up with, for example [I]starting spawn area[/I] or [I][Plugin]loaded sucsesfull[/I]y here is the link to the pic: [URL='https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ikl15gma17cft3/Screen%20shot%202012-06-27%20at%2019.56.00.png']https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ikl15gma17cft3/Screen shot 2012-06-27 at 19.56.00.png[/URL][/quote] my bad, i read one of the other comments and i restarted my mac and it now works, thanks anyway EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting./

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.