[Mac] Help with plugins that have meta-inf files and multiple .jars [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jamescosten, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jamescosten

SOLVED, Thank you

I have chosen two plugins today that i want to install but when i open the .zip folder i have the following inside ;

Com Folder
    META-INF
    plugin.yml

Is there a specific way to unzip them or if its as simple as dropping the .jar files into the plugin folder. There are a total of 10 .jars inside and surely they all cant go into the plugin folder.

2. Offline

Razzen

So you're just trying to install the plugins right? If so then you just simply drag the .jar files and place them into the plugin folder, then run the server, should have no errors at all. May i ask which plugins you are installing?

3. Offline

jamescosten

4. Offline

Razzen

Should work, not sure why there are 13 .jar files, but i guess that's how it was made. Not much you can do unless you know how to compress them into one .jar file like Essentials is? Give me an update if it goes wrong.

5. Offline

jamescosten

Well that doesnt work, it doesnt load a single one, there must be a way to compress them......

6. Offline

Razzen

There should be, im unaware of how to, and quite dazzled of why it comes in 13 seperate .jar files. It doesnt say how to and/or that you need to compress them in the User Guide on the post either.

7. Offline

jamescosten

Nope, like most plugins they are designed for windows predominately. I will figure this out lol. Cheers for your help anyway. Worse case scenario i dont install, no biggy

8. Offline

Phaedrus

Your problem is that whatyever browser you are using is treating the jar file as a zip file and is showing you what is inside of the jar file.

command signs only has a single jar file. this i can confirm.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28990677/Bukkit Plugins/CommandSigns.jar

See? Commandsigns.jar. That needs to go into your plugins folder.

9. Offline

jamescosten

Thank you, yeah i figured this out lol, will change header to say SOLVED.

Cheers for the support guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.