Lost source code to a big project

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by elementalgodz11, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

elementalgodz11

So after reformatting my computer I no longer have source access to my main plugin.

I would normally use JD-GUI to retreive this again however that would be a nightmare as the class has about 15 packages and it would bring a lot of errors in.

I do have the .jar file however so is there possibly a more efficient way of getting my plugin back??

Thanks.

2. Offline

Wolfey

If the only thing you have is a .jar file, then I think you're gonna have a hard time getting your source back without a decompiler.

3. Offline

St3venAU

You may also want to consider trying some file recovery software. If the part of the disc they were on has been over-written you are out of luck but it might be worth trying.

And for the future, _Always_ make lots of backups.

4. Offline

1Rogue

Decompile, add dependencies, and the just repair the tiny amount of resultant errors.

5. Offline

elementalgodz11

St3venAU I did backup the project from the workspace folder however when I use it now some of the packages are missing for some reason.

1Rogue Is there an easier way of doing this other than copying and pasting each class shown in the decompiler into Eclipse manually?

6. Offline

Rocoty

elementalgodz11 you should have used a cloud of some kind. Like Dropbox. Very handy

7. Offline

1Rogue

JD-GUI allows you to decompile the entire jar in one operation and save it to a zip file.

8. Offline

elementalgodz11

Rocoty
    I did use Dropbox to backup the dkKits project folder within the workspace folder. Handy indeed, thanks.

I have also managed to get all my classes back in their previous state using this backup, however they are displayed in folder formats, instead of packages?
    http://prntscr.com/365xaj

1Rogue
    If all else fails, that is my last resort, thanks.

Thanks

9. Offline

Rocoty

Looks like you don't have the folders inside the src folder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.