Filled looking for something like - if (player.group == 'jailed') forceDeathandLoginLocation(x,y,z)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by malon, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Offline

malon

I have a jail on my server. It's a grueling long walk. I want to force players to do it all in 1 shot. Currently, people will get halfway, log out, come back a day later to finish.

I just want to force their spawn on login for the jailed group.

2. Offline

LoneRanger

If your making it through buycraft just set the command on purchase to set their spawn. Otherwise make like a command block with a lever that is like /setspawn @p. Or just set a warp, and make it so only that group can use it.

3. Offline

malon

No sorry, it's not through buycraft. I don't think commandblocks can control where someone spawns when they login

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

5. Offline

malon

6. Online

To be honest: I didn't thought there was one, then I checked the source. There is a bypass permissions, just don't give it to your prison group.
    instaspawn.bypass

7. Offline

malon

Awesome, just one more question: How do I define the unique spawn location that the group will be TPed to? It appears as if it uses the worldspawn instead of a configurable spawn point.

8. Online

Yes, yes it does. No way around that.

9. Offline

malon

Aw...thanks for trying! Highly appreciated.

Unfortunately, I can't have worldspawn inside a jail cell :p

10. Online

Everything is possible :p

11. Offline

malon

haha, you're right, i choose not to have worldspawn inside jail

timtower likes this.
  12. Offline

LoneRanger

So from what i understand you want each person to have a private vault that no one else can enter without permission? Correct me if i'm wrong.

13. Offline

malon

if (player.group == 'jailed') forceDeathandLoginLocation(x,y,z)

Basically, I have a jail. To get out of jail is a very grueling walk. Jailed persons are walking halfway, logging out, coming back the next day and finishing it. I would like that on login, jailed persons are TPed back to the start of "The Long Walk".

PapiDimmi likes this.
  14. Offline

undeaD_D

simple ...
    i just need more information:
    - what group plugin is used
    - infos about the group "jailed"
    this should be no problem ...

15. Offline

malon

I use PEX as my permission/group plugin. The actual name of the group is 'jailed'. Is there anything else you need to know? I'll send you every config file I have if you ask for it

16. Online

undeaD_D Vault maybe? Or just use permission nodes?

17. Offline

undeaD_D

18. Offline

malon

I would prefer permission nodes if possible, as I'm not familar with vault other than having to install it for plugins that require it.

undeaD_D likes this.
  19. Online

Vault doesn't do anything more for server owners. It is an API for developers to access permissions, chat stuff and economy.
    But it shouldn't mater when using player.hasPermission

20. Offline

undeaD_D

timtower yea :D vault isn't needed here ...

malon
    done ... ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  21. Offline

malon

D'oh! I didn't even realize the vault/permission node question wasn't direct at me.

It's...it's perfect....works on the first try! PROGRAMMING GAWD

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  22. Offline

LoneRanger

Well that seems quite mean. XD
    I'm sure we could work something out, how about when trying to walk out you hook up a tripwire to a command block with /setspawn @p. Or you could find a plugin to set spawn in a region, if they leave they tp to the region spawn.

23. Offline

malon

Well, this jail is not for "cops and robbers" or whatever that game mode is called. My jail is for people who were caught hacking. Basically, It's a 3 hour walk through slowsand + ice + cobwebs + water running against you. If they truly are sorry for hacking in my server, they will do the grueling walk. I also have a plugin which randomly sends a message between 30 seconds and a minute in which the player must respond to that message. If they do not, they are sent back to the beginning of the jail. This is to prevent macro walking.