Looking for Plugins to disable pickups and Playerdamage

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xxldoener, May 12, 2013.

1. Offline

xxldoener

Hey guys, I'm looking for two plugins.
    The first one is supposed to stop people from picking up items. While I was using NoItem earlier, it was causing problems with the new version of bukkit. I actually also tried using Essentials, but when I put "essentials.build.pickup.*: false" (Im using permissions bukkit) players would still be able to pickup items.

Next thing is, I want a plugin that disables players to deal any damage (so they should do no damage to monsters or other players) unless they have a certain permissions that allows them to deal damage.

Anything you could recommend?

2. Offline

jokie666

I am working on an anti-pickup plugin (not too hard :p) for damage disable you can place them in adventure mode :)

done will upload it soon, have some important stuff to do now.
    I hope I can post it today otherwise you get it Thuesday

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  3. Offline

xxldoener

Thank you jokie :)
    About the adventure mode, I would rather prefere a solution with permissions so i can keep track of the players.

4. Offline

slayr288

[quote uid=90563680 name="xxldoener" post=1668417]Thank you jokie :)
    About the adventure mode, I would rather prefere a solution with permissions so i can keep track of the players.[/quote]

I made it for you real quick, it has everything that you want. Reply to this or tag me for more additions/bug fixes.

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

The permissions are the following:
    ibg.itempickup ~ Allow the player to pickup items
    ibg.itemdrop ~ Allow the player to drop items
    ibg.blockdrops ~ Allow the player to get block drops from broken blocks
    ibg.receivedamage ~ Allow the player to receive damage
    ibg.dealdamage.mobs ~ Allow the player to deal damage to mobs
    ibg.dealdamage.players ~ Allow the player to deal damage to players
    ibg.starve ~ Allow the player to starve

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
    xxldoener likes this.
  5. Offline

jokie666

I see you made it already, if somebody is interested here is my link:
    No Item Pickup
    my first plugin release :)

xxldoener likes this.
  6. Offline

xxldoener

The only two other things I can think of are:
    A ibg.* permission node so you dont have to add every single command
    and the itemdrop by using the q key is still possible

Thanks a lot for the fast response :)

Oh I thought of one more thing I need:
    As an admin I am somehow not required to sleep. When another person on the server goes to bed and I am not in bed the time still changes. While I want to disable this function for me I want to enable it for some other users. Any ideas?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Probably just something in the permissions file, I think Essentials
    No offence (open)

No offence to essentials but it isn't perfect, has some nice features though

8. Offline

slayr288

xxldoener

I've changed the name of the plugin, and added the all permission node.

New permissions:
    vbg.* ~ Allow everything
    vbg.itempickup ~ Allow the player to pickup items
    vbg.itemdrop ~ Allow the player to drop items
    vbg.blockdrops ~ Allow the player to get block drops from broken blocks
    vbg.receivedamage ~ Allow the player to receive damage
    vbg.dealdamage.mobs ~ Allow the player to deal damage to mobs
    vbg.dealdamage.players ~ Allow the player to deal damage to players
    vbg.starve ~ Allow the player to starve

xxldoener likes this.
  9. Offline

xxldoener

Ok found the essentials node :)
    thx to you all

essentials.sleepingignored

10. Offline

jokie666

I hope mine get's approved soon,
    It is on bukkitdev so I can assure that I will keep it updated.
    I know the dmg dealt is not involved yet but updates will follow :)

xxldoener likes this.
  11. Offline

xxldoener

I found another thing i would love :)
    I got a plugin to use the sudo command, so you can run a command as other players.
    But you can only run commands that player would be able to run himself.
    Is there any plugin so i can do sth like sudo with any command as if the person would be op?

12. Offline

jokie666

I not really getting what you mean by this
    If you can explain me (if that is possible by me :D) I can see if I can do it in an update

13. Offline

xxldoener

Ok so I have a runas command installed on my server so I can make other players execute commands, for example "/sudo player2 afk" makes player2 run the afk command thus setting him afk. If I want to run a command that the user has no permission to, for example "ascend" which makes the player move upwards through blocks, he will only get the "you have no access to this command" message. So I want to be able to use the sudo command also for commands the player would have no access to if he tried to use them himself without having to change this players permission abd without having to op the user

Ok So I just had a rabdom persin join my server, walking around pullibg a lot of creepers and leading them all to my house where they blew up. So is there a permission controlled way to control if creepers react to a certain player?

[quote uid=90773401 name="slayr288" post=1668557]xxldoener

I've changed the name of the plugin, and added the all permission node.

New permissions:
    vbg.* ~ Allow everything
    vbg.itempickup ~ Allow the player to pickup items
    vbg.itemdrop ~ Allow the player to drop items
    vbg.blockdrops ~ Allow the player to get block drops from broken blocks
    vbg.receivedamage ~ Allow the player to receive damage
    vbg.dealdamage.mobs ~ Allow the player to deal damage to mobs
    vbg.dealdamage.players ~ Allow the player to deal damage to players
    vbg.starve ~ Allow the player to starve[/quote]

While your plugin did work in the first place, no I get this error on server startup:
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\VanillaBeGone.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:257)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:132)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:239)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R3.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:55)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:11)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:106)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:382)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:573)
    Caused by: mapping values are not allowed here
    in "<reader>", line 7, column 17:
                children:
                        ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchValue(ScannerImpl.java:733)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:305)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:179)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:563)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:161)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:146)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:237)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:237)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:123)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:106)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:121)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:480)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:411)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:42)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:252)
        ... 8 more
    Any idea what I am doing wrong?

14. Offline

GusGold

That is nothing that you are doing wrong. The author has made an error in their plugin.yml file and the way they read it. Ask the author to fix their error :)

xxldoener likes this.
  15. Offline

xxldoener

slayr288: Could you maybe send the sourcecode to me so I can have a look how to solve such problems myself in the future? I am very new to Java so every Example-Code would be appreciated

16. Offline

jokie666

sorry xxldoener, I think you can't fix such things because you didn't made the plugin,
    it's some configuration what's inside the jar file where the error is.
    Maybe you can fix it by unpack it with winrar/7zip and look if you can see what is wrong in the plugin.yml.
    Then place the plugin.yml back in the jar file, I am not sure if it works and I will not be responsible for any damage.

17. Offline

xxldoener

Its not about fixing the error. I just use the first version and use single permission nodes ;)
    It's about learning how to program stuff like that.
    I've never tried to program java before so I would love to have a look at some examples of working sourcecode ;)

18. Offline

slayr288

Sorry about the error, made a typo in the plugin.yml

Here is the new link, and the source code is inside the jar file if you would like to look at it. Just open it with an archiver.

19. Offline

xxldoener

Hey slayr, I didn't try it out yet but from just looking at the plugin.yml I think you mixed it up with another plugin... Just check the plugin.yml when you got time...

20. Offline

jokie666

an yml config needs always to have 4 spaces am I right?
    I see you have from vbg.* to description, description to children, vbg.dealdamage.* to description and description to children (second time) you have 2 spaces instead of 4

21. Offline

slayr288

[quote uid=90563680 name="xxldoener" post=1669788]Hey slayr, I didn't try it out yet but from just looking at the plugin.yml I think you mixed it up with another plugin... Just check the plugin.yml when you got time...[/quote]

Sorry, I mixed up the plugin with another. Eclipse saves the export name throughout all projects for some reason.

[quote uid=90795093 name="jokie666" post=1669793]an yml config needs always to have 4 spaces am I right?
    I see you have from vbg.* to description, description to children, vbg.dealdamage.* to description and description to children (second time) you have 2 spaces instead of 4[/quote]

I forgot a colon in one of the permissions.