Looking for an Amazing Developer

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by hclewk, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hclewk

Hey guys,

We currently have a developer position open for our collection of Minecraft servers. If you are interested, see the requirements below:

Requirements
    - You must be at least 18 years old.
    - You must be a US Citizen.
    - No Full Time students, please.
    - You mush speak English very well.
    - You need to have at least 1 year of programming experience, Minecraft/Bukkit programming excluded.

If you are interested, please comment below with a link to a bukkit plugin you made and/or send me a PM with a brief overview of your experience and skills.

2. Offline

Double0negative

You basically just filtered out 98% of everyone on this forum. The other 2% will probably not look at/disregard this post.

Archarin, tyzoid, njb_said and 5 others like this.
  3. Offline

PandazNWafflez

You need to give more information about yourself and your server, people can't tell if your server is even good.

4. Offline

Deathmarine

Wow, your asking alot for nothing and I'm not even talking monetary values.

Example, I'm giving away puppies,
    Requirements
    - You must be at least 18 years old.
    - You must be a US Citizen.
    - No Full Time students, please.
    - You mush speak English very well. < Hypocritical?
    - You need to have at least 1 year of experience with puppies, Animal training excluded.

Good luck on your search.

5. Offline

LucasEmanuel

Those are some serious requirements, but give me a heads up if you're ever looking for a 20 year old swedish system developer with 3 years of programming experience ;)

6. Offline

SirTyler

Oh silly people thinking that they can be all serious with bukkit, its a community driven project and should be treated as such. Once you start treating it like a job or a business is when you kill the fun, kill the community, and kill the project itself (excluding staff as its their "job" to keep it in order). If you want to develop things like a professional team, then form one OUTSIDE the bukkit forums and be a real professional team.

7. Offline

Everdras

The worst part is probably "not a full-time student."

Anyone old enough will have a full-time job.

Also, "Needs to be a US citizen"? You do know they speak English in other places too, right?

afistofirony likes this.
  8. Offline

Squish000

You don't give us any info about we have to do, or what server you run,, yet you ask we have 1 year of programming and be an US Citizen. Why do you need these requirements??
    In addition i doubt you would meet any of them...

9. Offline

TheTrixsta

Being 18 has nothing to do with this. There are many good developer at ages 14,15,16, and 17. Ive been programming in the Java language for 3 and a half years Im rather good

njb_said and WarmakerT like this.
  10. Yes, like everybody else said:
    - Zero info on the server we'll be working on, people need to like the server first
    - Requirements are absurd for free work (admin access isn't payment) expecially for adults

I myself fail the US citizen part, not that I'm interested or anything :p

11. Offline

chasechocolate

Lol this guy is AMAZING. I wish that I could work for him, but I don't know how to write java plugins :( FYI: he runs all the mcctf, mcpvp and mc-hg servers...

12. Offline

gjossep

Also wrong place to post this... And I don't think that many people will meet the requirements.

13. Offline

TheBeast808

Very few people here meet those requirements and ones who do meet those requirements will likely demand a higher payment than your server could afford. I'm not trying to insult your server, but developers are pretty expensive. Even just hiring a code monkey would be pretty expensive, and hard to afford on any server's budget.

14. Offline

afistofirony

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

You aren't very smart, are you...?

15. afistofirony
    Don't take stuff out of context, read the entire sentence:

ferrybig likes this.
  16. Offline

Slayer9x9

I love this thread! :p
    I won't be able to program full time for you (OP), but I can help you with questions if you would like.

17. Offline

bartboy8

Requirements
    - You must be at least 18 years old. <--- There are a ton of people that are great at coding that aren't 18 or over.
    - You must be a US Citizen <---- Why do we have to live in the US?
    - No Full Time students, please. <---- If your 18 you should have a job or something to gain money.
    - You mush speak English very well. <--- Very well? So you wouldn't hire Stephen Hawking if you were doing something about space?
    - You need to have at least 1 year of programming experience, Minecraft/Bukkit programming excluded. <--- Most people that have experience have spent time and effort getting to where they are. They don't need to work for you.

If you want to find people to help/work on plugins for you don't say just work. I had people ask me to write plugins for them and I declined because then they take my work and can use it as their own. Also, bukkit is community driven meaning everyone is welcome... not just people that live in the USA, or people that are over 18, or people that only speak english. In the bukkit community everyone is welcome. Your excluding practically all the bukkit community.

Limeth likes this.
  18. Offline

WarmakerT

This... is.... SPARTA! I mean, discrimination. :3

Blairjam likes this.
  19. Offline

pzxc

I'm over 18.
    I'm a US citizen.
    I'm no longer in school.
    English is my native language.
    I've been programming for about a decade.
    But my time is limited, I have to trade some of it for money to pay bills, and I would never make a commitment or even investigate the possibility of being a developer "for" someone without knowing up front what I'd get out of it. Hint, special rank, op, or even "co-owner" of your server doesn't cut it

Not trying to be overly critical, just pointing out your criteria is a little strict, isn't it? Reads more like a job posting than something "fun" to do. But you don't mention what kind of salary you're offering :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.