Looking for an alternative to BigBrother?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Vaupell, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Vaupell

I got my server hosted on multiplay.co.uk and it seems to be a mistake cause they just remove
    plugins as they feel like it.

Anyway they removed "Bigbrother"
    And they added this to bug tracker
    http://bugs.nexisonline.net/bb/issues/BB-88

So i am looking for an alternative, features i treasure highly is
    rollback features, rollback pr time, rollback pr player, or rollback pr area.

Any suggestions would be appriciated..

2. Offline

zipfe

Funny. BB works just fine on our server, for many months, with millions of database entries, and also with CB 1000.

3. Offline

Vaupell

Worked fine with mine aswell, was using it earlyer today, but not aparently some guy whines so much
    that they remove it from all the servers.. /sigh...

4. Offline

Lunar Delta

Big Brother is pretty broken with a lot of serious issues. I stopped using it in favor of Log Block and have had months of completely error free service. Unlike BB, LB has far fewer bugs and is still under active development.

5. Offline

Kane

Use LogBlock

Vaupell likes this.
  6. Offline

TNOMCat

I think DataLog is the best logging plugin. It has an awesome web interface, a tool you can use like bbstick and you can search the database from ingame thru chat too. You can also rollback anything.

7. Offline

Taco

The server I admin on uses LogBlock. It works great for this. The only issues I've had is occasional goof ups from it when rolling back, but never anything major.

8. Offline

obscurehero

So should I not use big brother anymore?

9. Offline

Vaupell

ofcourse you should, and so will i.. I LOVE IT..

but unfortunally i have to settle with something else until updated.
    Host complains about sql db size getting to around 10gb..

10. Offline

obscurehero

Can't you change how much it keeps?

11. Offline

Vaupell

I sure could, when i find one with a competitive price ;)

12. Offline

erdrickk

Just don't log Chat, Commands, teleports, doors or levers and it really helps to keep your database size down. Also the default cycle time on the database in the config file is 7 days, change that to 3 days. My Database file never gets bigger than a 100 - 150 megs or so and that's with a pretty active server.

Huh? BB is under active development. They just released the Bukkit 1000 version yesterday...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  13. Offline

Lunar Delta

BB is under active bug fixing, but it seems like LB is active in the sense that new features are regularly being released along with the updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.