Looking For a Server Greylist Plugin

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by effortless, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

effortless

Hey guys,

I'm looking to roll a greylisted server, meaning players should be able to be able to join and check it out (no chat, no build, and hopefully invisible to others) before deciding to sign up through a forum method.

I know what you're thinking, just use permissions, but the commands are long to change the perm, and I'd like to give whitelisting access to mods (and not access to change everyones ranks). Ideally i'd like to type /gl <name> and be done with it.

What's more is I'd like the server to be able to be whitelisted completely to enable us to do maintenance

I've tried VoxelGuest but it's crashing the server every 2 minutes, others I've seen can give a password out, which I think is a bad idea, because one player can just give it to all of his friends/griefing team

Any help appreciated,

Thanks guys

2. Offline

McLuke500

I made a plugin on my server that you put your name on the rules page and press submit and it gives you a unique code to /apply so people can't give it out :D but it's private for now but I will release in a few days, it uses MySQL for the unique keys.

3. Offline

effortless

Thats cool, but the aim with this is to get people posting on the forums too

4. Offline

McLuke500

?

5. Offline

effortless

By greylisting, we're hoping to get people taking the effort to go a popular Forum to help boost the popularity of the Server, where we can also see their age and how much experience they have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.