Looking for a plugin that allowes repairing of enchanted items. Will pay $50

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Nathuram, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Offline

Nathuram

I'm looking for someone to make a simple plugin that lets players repair enchanted items. It should be simple. Put for example 2 diamond swords in the crafting cube and the enchanted one gets repaired with the durability of the unenchanted one.

Is this a far fetched concept or can it be done?

Worst case I can accept that the plugin uses for example raw diamonds to repair an enchanted tool for say... 33% per diamond (same with iron, gold and stone tools and so on) and 12.5% per diamond when repairing armor.

2. Offline

beleg

you can repair your stuff using mcmmo but its not simple.. maybe you could disable every skill except the repairing one..

3. Offline

Nathuram

I strongly dislike mcmmo. Adding grind to minecraft for its own sake is a ridiculous feature.

I'd rather pay some developer $50 to make me exactly what I need.

Changed parameters.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  4. Offline

kevhog

I'm not sure this is possible, as I don't think there's a way to check when a player puts an item into his crafting grid, which you'd need to do. Maybe with SpoutCraft.

5. Offline

Nathuram

How about making it so when right clicking the appropriate material ore block with a weapon in hand the weapon becomes fully repaired and the block vanishes?

So if you have a diamond pickaxe and you rightclick a diamond ore block the diamond block vanishes and the pick becomes 33% repaired. (12.5% for armor)

It would only have to work with diamond equipment as no other equipment would be enchanted anyway.

What are the alternatives?

I suppose iconomy and then making it so the only items that have vallue are raw diamonds and then have that value bound to repairing.

Say 1 diamond is $33 when sold and fully repairing tool costs $100.

But that would be a bitch to set up as I don't know anything about the related plugins.

6. I'm taking this up. May not be 100% like requested, but as close as possible. :)

7. Offline

Nathuram

Alright great.

The important part is the destinction between weapons and armor. 12.5% durability per diamond on armor pieces is what seems fair. Worst case I can accept 20% on armor. As repairing a diamond chestplate with 3 diamonds with be too cheap to maintain balance and as such tools and armor needs different values. The closer to the original cost of the item the better.

Likewise having it cost 5-8 diamonds to repair a tool or weapon would be infeasible as a diamond pickaxe would never be able to mine enough diamonds to cover its own maintenance.

If it would all have to be done in the work bench then that would be acceptable too.

The key is to make enchanted equipment sustainable. When it can cost 53 levels to enchant a pickaxe it seems unfair that 1300 cobble later its junk.

Perhaps one could make a cube recipe that involves the item needing to be repaired and a set amount of diamonds and then if its possible for a plugin to read and transfer the enchant over to a repaired version of the item

8. Offline

codename_B

Damn beat me :p

9. Offline

Nathuram

If this was 2000 years ago then you both would have made one and the best version would have been the one I'd use and the other programmer would have been fed to lions. When is gladiatorial programming going back into fashion?

10. Offline

kevhog

I'm going to make this when I get home, even if it's already done. It's good practice :D I'll be getting home in 13 hours, though

11. Offline

Nathuram

So why does minecraft seem like such a nightmare to program for? feels like custom items and features should be a breeze in a game so "simple"

12. Offline

Father Of Time

Because most server/client software manages a majority of its processing with the server and simply relays that data to the client via packets to display; Minecraft however handles a lot of its processes both server side and client side depending on the process. So while some things can be modified server side, other things are completely inaccessible due to it being handled by the client (which is on the players system, not the server).

If you ask me this was the result of a single player game deciding to go multiplayer late in development. Initially everything was contained in the client because there was no server software, but as the server aspect of minecraft became available they began to introduce new features on the server side. So some features are grandfathered into the client, while others are newly released in the server.

I want to state that this is only my assumption of the situation and not based on fact.

13. Offline

Nathuram

Is that why after so many years people can still fly on servers while the servers themselves are helpless to locate and prevent it?

14. Offline

kevhog

@V10lator Are you done already? Give everyone else a chance for once D:

15. Offline

codename_B

I helped! ;D

V10lator likes this.
  16. If @Nathuram likes what I did: Yes. But as he doesn't reply to me I can't show it to him... :(

17. Offline

Father Of Time

It's the reason for many problems, but I wouldn't say its the reason for that problem. The reason flying has remained so prevalent in the MineCraft community is because it's extremely difficult to differentiate legal movement from non legal. you can't detect flying by massive altitude changes because some players naturally raise/drop altitude naturally all the time (like falling or climbing a ladder), you can't do checks of air under the player because their are plenty of times players aren't standing on solid ground, and so on.

Almost all of the criteria you would use to determine whether or not a player is flying can also occasionally be triggered by legitimate game play, and because of this you can't simply make a system that "bans" that behavior, because a lot of innocent players will get caught up in the cross fire.