Looking For a Doable Project

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by captainawesome7, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Offline

captainawesome7

Well, I am part of the plugin developing team known as IC3D. We have been releasing plugins, but we mostly coded them separately, and they aren't large plugins (with the exception of @DreadKyller 's ClipBoard). I am getting pretty bored :/, and would like some ideas for a completely doable plugin. That excludes client mods, any posts regarding client mods will be ignored, as well as anything that can already be done with BukkitContrib. Don't post an idea if a plugin mostly covers it, I am looking for original (even though that is probably not happening on this forum, considering past requests) ideas, that are doable but slightly complicated.

2. Offline

ಠ_ಠ

Tame any mob? :D i would LOVE you forever :]

3. Offline

tha d0ctor

How about a plugin that limits the number of global TNT instances to a pre-configured amount, so if there are say 500 total active TNT blocks players wont be able to place more until the others are exploded?

4. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Would you like me to code you a website? Perhaps a Wordpress or Drupal site? I also like GLFusion as a CMS. There are also quite a few nice free hosts out there with PHP that we could use.

5. Offline

matthayez011

what about a plugin that has player be able to buy a house and its an area defined by an admin as a house thats a cube and not a whole section so you can stack houses for apartments, and make it so that once a player buys a house, i would say make it so that when you type /home buy it will let you buy the house that you are currently standing in and if your not standing in it it will say go find the house you want to buy, and /home sell will sell the house back to the server for the same amount it was bought with. and players will be able to buy multiple homes so when a player types /home buy [name] it will let them set the name for there house, and that way they can type /home [name] to be tped to the point at wich they bought the house. this way they could have multiple houses and players could buy stores or anything they want too. if you made this i would gratefully appreciate it

6. Offline

iffa

He might do it if this request was understandable.

7. Offline

Paah

It is actually quite understandable. I personally don't understand people who have to always comment about grammar. It might very well be that english isn't his native language, just like it isn't mine.

But for you who require perfect language, I'll simplify that request here:
    He want's admins to be able to define cuboid area which player can buy as their "home". Preferably these cuboids would contain houses, but that's irrelevant to the plugin. Players should be able to buy multiple homes if they have the money, and also be able to sell them back for the same price they bought them with. There should also be option to teleport to your own homes.
    Commands:
    /home buy - Buys home you are standing in. If you are not within home or it's already purchased, tells you to go find a(n another) home.
    /home sell - Sells the home you are standing in.
    /home name <name> - Names your home. (Yes I know he requested "/home buy <name>" but I feel it would make much more sense this way.)
    /home <name> - Teleports to the named home if you own it.

8. Offline

Wakko

How about using a command to buy a home, but builds a pre-built home based on specifications in a command ranging from small to big or hut to mansion. (Probably include schematics for difference houses, or place blocks at locations somehow related to player location.)
    Then it uses support from an economy plugin to charge for building the house based on the house built.
    Or even charge items.
    How it determines where to build based on player location is up to you though.
    Does this sound doable? (If you like it, be sure to add WorldGuard support so a house isn't built in a protected area.)

9. Offline

captainawesome7

I'm pretty sure he was just commenting on the fact that the first sentence is half of that giant block of text. Grammar isn't that important, but it got extremely rambly.

10. Offline

Paah

Well it still doesn't warrant any useless comments like "WALL OF TEXT OMG!!"

11. Offline

captainawesome7

Agreed. I for one understood his request without too much extra trouble.

12. Offline

compgurusteve

Would you be up for bringing back some plugins from the dead? There are quite a few inactives I loved to use in the past but the plugin debs moved on.

13. Offline

DreadKyller

@compgurusteve : he said he is looking for 'original' ideas, resurrecting a plugin not really original.

14. Offline

Ineentho

You could maybe try out the request I made over here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/generate-world-before-player-joins.20292/.
    It would be more of a fix, than a plugin, but is still very needed for my server.
    Idea in short:
    A plugin that can
    • Generate the world around selected coordinates (The portal in my case).
    • Generate the world around players that logged out in a specified world recently, maybe just 3x3 chunks or something, to protect them from falling under the world.
    Thanks!

15. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

What about a plugin that "plugs in" to other plugins and plugs in it's plugin code to plug the other plugin's plugs? This way when your other plugin can't plug in this plugin can plug into the plugins to keep them from being unplugged.

Warning: proper grammar does not inherently convey a clear idea.

; )

andre_9796 likes this.
  16. Offline

alta189

I am currently working on this

17. Offline

DevRW

I know this isn't totally original, as someone attempted it but fell short and went inactive; a control point plugin.

You define an area cuboid-style, which is considered a control point. To capture it, you destroy a defined block [Obsidian default?]. Capturing it announces it to the server ["<player> has captured <control point>!"]. A chest spawns somewhere on the point, which is locked to ONLY the person who captured the area. The chest should be unbreakable, as well. I'd rather it didn't hook into an existing lock plugin. Every hour, items are placed in the chest as a reward for holding the control point for said time. For each extra hour you hold it, the rewards slightly increase - maybe a modifier in the config file, or simply list rewards for each hour, which then cap out after x hours and repeats the final reward until you lose control.

Players could also receive bonuses for being in a point they control; though this is going past what I've been looking for. Things such as a defense bonus against player damage [multipliers in several damage mod plugins do this], and increases damage against players. The rest could be done with WorldGuard flags and a region, personally - but that'd be up to the developer of the plugin, ala you. ;]

Anyway, been hunting for a developer to take this up since hMod - and tried learning Java to do it myself... but I'm just terrible. Hah. Regardless if this gets picked up, cool to see you offering such services.

18. Offline

bevso

changeable tnt damage, like from 10 block radius to 1

19. Offline

Rufus

20. Offline

HSAR

21. Offline

captainawesome7

I looked into this already, but I was having trouble with onEntityPrime. I will check it out again, and if I get anything done I will let you know.

22. Offline

bevso

nice one :D, check the channel out too :p

23. Offline

matthayez011

could you do it and sorry about my grammar it was a long night

24. Offline

captainawesome7

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  25. Offline

bevso

well, considering that in 1.7 there will be sticky pistons (the abilty to hold to object that it is pushing) how about trying to make something out of that, i mean once its out for bukkit etc. But thinking ahead is not a bad idea in my opinion :p.

Cant wait for 1.7 :p

an ingame plugin to support the joining to other servers that the server owner may have, e.g ingame you can type /join <IP Address> to join another server without leaving and all that stuff :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

26. Offline

captainawesome7

Pretty sure there is a plugin for that.

27. Offline

bevso

oh ok, :p um check out my other postings i posted a while back LOADS of mod ideas :p

ok i got the links:

Natural disasters: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/natural-disasters-on-smp.20983/

random stuff but good (i hope): http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/req-have-smp-ghasts-drop-fire-aswell-also-sponge.20728/

Placeable maps: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/req-placeable-maps.18958/

Grass addon: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/req-fun-lawnmower-for-smp.18711/

maybe: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/req-new-food-type-plugin.18677/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

28. Offline

captainawesome7

Based off of one of your requests: HeroicDeath works fine :/

1. eh. Don't see the need. People would complain about their houses being destroyed
    2. Seems stupidly specific, I'm sure there is a mob drops plugin out there
    3. Not possible without client mods
    4. Not possible without client mods (as for blocks like movecraft,that would look so dumb :/)
    5. Not possible without client mods
    As for client mods:
    I am officially announcing that I will make whatever almost even a little bit halfway decent ish plugin that is requested by later tonight. Provided it is simple.

29. Offline

DeanDip

I was thinking it would be nice that with a right click of a certain configurable item, it would execute a configurable command (if it doesn't have a / then it would say the text). Like with the settings wand-item: 302 and command: /time day The plugin would then make it so that whenever a chain mail helmet is right clicked, the player right clicking it would then have /time day executed.

30. Offline

captainawesome7

@DeanDip OMG I was thinking the same thing the other day!
    I am going to make that now. Watch out!