Solved Login/Leave messages not appearing

Discussion in 'General Help' started by jjvs812, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jjvs812

Hi. I have a fairly new private server, and for some reason, when people join or leave, nothing shows up in the chat. I have many plugins installed: World Edit, ControlTPA, ChatFilter, PlotMe, PerWorldPlugins, Multiverse-Portals, Multiverse-Inventories, Multiverse-Core, LogBlock, LagMeter, GriefPreventation, CommandBook, ColoredTexts, and ChatEX. Tell Me whatever you need me to post next! Thanks!

2. Offline

Boomer

what you have might account for something, but knowing if those plugins are working correctly is more important - your startup log may have a blast of errors for one of the chat plugins causing it to insert contaminated hooks into the server and mess things up, if its not due to a particular setting you have made l

pastebin your logs/latest.log file after restarting (not /reload) the server. www,pastebin.com

3. Offline

jjvs812

4. Offline

Boomer

dynamicmap plotme plugin not working, no dynmap - delete the plugin (it comes with the plotme but isnt required)
    Your worldedit plugin is outdated. Logblock also has errors being unable to connect to it, but is more of a 'cant find valid hooks to use, ignoring it' issue.
    Not seeing right away what might be blocking /reglating the messages, but its likely one of the ChatFilter, ChatEx or CustomBan plugin settings, though FIRST check through commandbook for any such settings to suppress join/leave messages, then check those others for any such thing.

If you cant find settings that do it, then troubleshoot to identify:
    Disable (by renaming the .jar to .jam, that way you're not deleting anything, just preventing the server from finding a runnable code) plotme, perworldplugins, lagmeter, announcement, controltpa, logblock, and worldguard. Start the server, and quickly check if it resolved the issue, or it is still there (it should likely still be happening)
    If it solved the issue, one of those plugins is responsible - reenable one at a time, and test. If it didn't solve the issue, those are all fine, you can reenable them all.

Disable the other plugins one at a time since you only have a few on the server, and see if after restarting (not /reload) that solved the issue - once the issue is solved, then ou know which plugin was responsible, and can really then focus on making sense out of why...

Disable order for testing: commandbook, customban, chatex, coloredtexts, greif prevention

Hopefully you'll spot a setting in the first round of work, cause if you dont, odds are you'll still wind up confirming one of those plugins is causing it.

5. Offline

jjvs812

It turns out it was ColoredTexts, there is an option in the config that lets you set custom join and leave messages, which is enabled by default. I never set a custom join or leave message so it ended up being blank. Thanks so much for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.