Log and rollback Inventory

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xxldoener, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xxldoener

I don't know if there is already a plugin that does this, but I haven't found one yet so here is what I want.

The plugin should log a players inventory whenever anything is changed and save it (as a flat file, sql, whatever). I want to be able to lookup what the inventory was at a certain time (maybe just like coreprotect so i can do lookupinv t:15min or t:31.05.2013-01:30) and maybe also rollback the players inventory. Baiscally I need this Plugin for two reasons:

1. Sometimes my friends tell me they fell into lava because of laggs and ask me to restore their inventory. I already use Ultralogger, but it really is a pain to look up every single item in the vast ammount of data that Ultralogger produces.

2. I have had some funny problems (probably due to anti cheat plugins) where a players inventory would get wiped out if he moves items too quickly from a chest into his inventory.

One very nice thing is if the plugin would also consider the state of damage on tools, because I don't want players to take advantage out of getting their items restored just to get a free repair on their tools.

It would be really awesome if somebody found time to make such a plugin :)
    Cheers

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

xxldoener You want an inventory logger that logs every couple sec / on event? Wouldn't that become very laggy?

3. Offline

xxldoener

Well I already use UltraLogger which loggs just about anything on the server and I dont see it being laggy at all.
    Also core protect loggs every single block that is changed and it still doesn't lagg.
    I don't know if there is any difference to loggin the inventory of a player, but I got a maximum of about 5 players online at the same time so I guess it should not be such a load of data. Otherwise you could maybe just log every minute or so, but it should be quite percice...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.